• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Please help. I have no idea where to start...

Without installing the ROM/KERNEL/GAPPS, it showed 4.0.3.

Let me install everything and then see if it shows 4.0.4.

By the way, I'm using the ROM/Kernel that Steven58 posted above on this thread, seems like yours is the same?

Also, I'm going to use the GAPPS link that you provided to me on here.

Sorry, I'm still learning, but I really appreciate so much the help from you guys!

Okay, the radio flash and ROM are separate. That being said, if your radios are the 4.0.4 radios then this is what you should see:

leyZA.jpg

Notice the info in "Baseband Version." If yours say this under "System Info" then you have the correct radio. But in order to be on Android 4.0.4, you must flash a 4.0.4 ROM. No way around it. Hope that makes sense.

jmar

Upvote 0
By the way, how do you wipe the system under clockworkmod recovery or recovery mode?

I didn't find an option that said "Wipe system" or anything under the system options. I found like "Mount/Unmount"

You would "Format system" located under "mounts and storage" in clockworkmod recovery

Upvote 0
Thank you so much guys, especially jmartino5920, I have it all updated now, right?

So on "about phone" it says:

Android Version 4.0.4

Baseband Version: I515.10 V.FC04/ I515.FC05

Kernel Version: 3.033-leankernel-3.9.0-04690-g077b449 imoseyon@ubuntu))

Build Number: aokp_toro-userdebug 4.0.4 IMM761 eng.roman.20120614.190327 test-keys

Mod Version: aokp_toro_build-39

Sorry, I don't know how to capture the image from phone and place onto here, maybe I can learn that one day :)

However, a few more tasks needs to be cleaned here:

(1) How can I get back my previous layout/pictures/files I had with 4.0.3 and my previous rom onto this new one without re-doing everything? (I did the nandroid backup and it's in clockworkmod recovery, under restore)

(2) I had aokp ROM before, and while my phone would boot up, like it would display the standard galaxy nexus ribbon colors. How come now I see a Pink UniCorn? Can I get it back to show the standard nexus ribbon colors and still have the same rom? Or is there no possible way to clear that?

(3) What is the code you press again to update radios for Verizon Wireless?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones