• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [rom]jbsourcery v5.4-lte[06/07/13] jb4.2.2 The Final Call

SO here is what happened folks.

Normally we release in the evening only to the rom update so people on the rom get it earlier as they deserve.

It was observed in testing that the app wallpaper (a sourcery exclusive)
tranparency was not working.

after hours of troubleshooting i found that the tools app was reverted while changing to trickster mod for kernel related settings.

Devortex is out of the country at this time so we could not fix it.

But do to this delay we didnt get the rom out until today.

(also a problem with gapps i had to fix)
also thanks to our testers at irc for alerting us too.

so 2.4 tools wont allow app wallpaper transparency

But at bottom of extra apps there is a tools that will. only differnece is youll have to run trickster mod from the app drawer. and the older kernel related stuff is in the tools app. i advice against using it dont even enter it.

You only need to get this old tools if you want app wallpaper transparency.

But due to the delay in release we werent able to give the rom time to tell everyone if your checking is set to hours out.

we will update but didn't want to hold up this release.

updating and testing would of delayed another week or more.

we will release 4.1.2 as a test build in the near future.

other than 1 touch close or open on pull-down bar for expansion i don't believe there is anything you'd see different.

I am not saying this has everything that is in 4.1.2 but i would find it hard for you to notice.

remember 4.1.2 has everything up to R_6 than probably an r_7 .
we have everything up to r6 so there just isnt a whole lot missing.
but to merge it and fix conflicts and test it takes time.

We thank everyone for using JBSourcery and hope you will enjoy 2.4

remember those that were using the beta's this is a much bigger update for those on 2.3 than if you got some of this along the way.

We hope you like out better looking credits and such and rom ui.
Thanks to our new member MyComputer Doctor.
and we also welcom Mofic and trinity Kernel.

dont Compromise...Sourcerize!

Reactions: PhilosoRaptor
Upvote 0
I ended up trying a different rom that had a kernel baked into it as I was having a road block. It did work - I'm getting a little more comfortable with custom mods but not really..is there a specific kernel I should flash with your ROM? If not, I guess it's above my paygrade at this point. Would love to try it though if you have a kernel to reccomend - it's the only missing link I can surmise as to why it didn't work the first time (again - pure noob though - Linux is much easier than this stuff)

Upvote 0
I ended up trying a different rom that had a kernel baked into it as I was having a road block. It did work - I'm getting more comfortable with these mods but..is there a specific kernel I should flash with your ROM? If not, I guess it's above my paygrad at this point. Would love to try it though if you have a kernel to rec - it's the only missing link I can surmise as to why it didn't work the first time (again - pure noob though - Linux is much easier than this stuff)

Im not familial with your problem. But have you tried 2.4 released tonight.

if you have what is the problem your having?

Upvote 0
I ended up trying a different rom that had a kernel baked into it as I was having a road block. It did work - I'm getting more comfortable with these mods but..is there a specific kernel I should flash with your ROM? If not, I guess it's above my paygrad at this point. Would love to try it though if you have a kernel to rec - it's the only missing link I can surmise as to why it didn't work the first time (again - pure noob though - Linux is much easier than this stuff)

TJ, what phone do you have?
Is it a Galaxy Nexus or are you loading on a captivate?

Upvote 0
Reactions: satellitez
Upvote 0
I always back up user apps + all system data in TiBU, but ONLY restore a handful of data elements:

SMS/MMS
Call Log
Alarms
Bluetooth pairings
Wi-fi Settings

And that's IT. After restoring those, you need to reboot so they "set in". But I would never restore any other system element. That's an invitation to... issues.

Reactions: satellitez
Upvote 0
I always back up user apps + all system data in TiBU, but ONLY restore a handful of data elements:

SMS/MMS
Call Log
Alarms
Bluetooth pairings
Wi-fi Settings

And that's IT. After restoring those, you need to reboot so they "set in". But I would never restore any other system element. That's an invitation to... issues.

the reason i ask is because apex didnt restore, my folders and widgets went bye bye smh :ciao: fml fml fml

Upvote 0
Thanks chief!!! I always wondered how to backup sms and call log with titanium.i only usually backup user apps with data...system data is just asking for trouble!!

I am also loving the update!!! Running the stock trinity kernel at default cpu..getting great 3g idle drain so far!

in exra apps there is a app to back up mms messages. just fyi

Reactions: bigbear6708
Upvote 0
anyone know how to fix the ongoing led flashing, i set it up the same way as i always had but this go around she still flashes constant...

any fix? using lightflow btw...

go into info cener and read the news part at bootom is a troubleshooting tip for using lightflow.

the led stuff has not changed since 2.3 at all.
But light flow may have.

But im told that troubleshooting tip stilll works. let us know.

also availble in op here.

i

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones