• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could, however, wait until I get the dialer and contacts themed. What do you all think? Release as is or wait for themed dialer and/or contacts?

When you say a themed dialer and/or contacts, are you talking about using a light or white background? I would be all for that. I like the stock contacts and the ability to slide left for messages and right for calling, but would like to see a light option.

When you say a themed dialer and/or contacts, are you talking about using a light or white background? I would be all for that. I like the stock contacts and the ability to slide left for messages and right for calling, but would like to see a light option.

As with the Camera and Gallery, this would simply be the stock dialer/contacts with AOSP-style theming applied. I was looking into simply replacing them with stock contacts/dialer but it didn't work out so I'm going to do it the hard way. :)

STATUS UPDATE

Still making changes to R6
Big changelog for this release. I think I'll hold off on releasing until I get either contacts or dialer themed (or both), but testing goes well.

@Moon: is it possible to re-add the reject list within contacts/Dailer?
Doesent seem to be native within the dailer app itself So it may be part of VM's bloat..

@Moon: is it possible to re-add the reject list within contacts/Dailer?
Doesent seem to be native within the dailer app itself So it may be part of VM's bloat..

There's definitely no blacklist in the contacts by default but I'll take a look at the smali code when I get the chance. If the code is in there but disabled, I might be able to re-enable it. If it doesn't exist at all, I'm afraid there's not much I can do there.

EDIT: The code is there. Should be a simple enough matter to enable access to it in settings. Expect it in the next release.

I tried your ROM, great work, and many thanks.

I went back to CM, for a few reasons. Mostly the doodads.

Seems like R6 might make me a full-time convert (at least until CM 10.2). Can't wait to try it!

There's definitely no blacklist in the contacts by default but I'll take a look at the smali code when I get the chance. If the code is in there but disabled, I might be able to re-enable it. If it doesn't exist at all, I'm afraid there's not much I can do there.

EDIT: The code is there. Should be a simple enough matter to enable access to it in settings. Expect it in the next release.

It would be so amazing if you could re add this. My past 2 VM phones didnt have a black list and it really pissed me off. Also I would like to thank you for your contributions to our device!

I would like to ask for help testing 4g. The APN modifications might break MMS sending on 4G but since I have no LTE coverage here, I can't test. Would anybody be willing to trial MMS over 4G?

If it doesn't work, I'm going to reinstate the hidden/disabled TouchWiz MMS app and continue on the way we have been.

I can test it out for you. I get excellent 4G reception

Thanks. I'm not going to up the full R6 build (at over 500MB, it takes almost all day to upload on my slow connection), just a quick update zip that can be flashed over top of R5.2. I'll PM you the link and some more detailed instructions. 4G DATA should work just fine, it's mainly 4G MMS sending/receiving that I'm looking to test. From what I can see over in MopedRyder's thread (in the Galaxy S3 forums), the APN will break sending/receiving on 4G.

Sprint is having some data issues in my area and I can't grab the update on my phone. I'll report back as soon as I can get it

I meant to say 3G. But alright. I can actually boot this perfectly on my Sprint Victory. There's just an issue with LTE. If I were from an older generation I wouldn't mind lol gotta love 4G

I would like to ask for help testing 4g. The APN modifications might break MMS sending on 4G but since I have no LTE coverage here, I can't test. Would anybody be willing to trial MMS over 4G?

If it doesn't work, I'm going to reinstate the hidden/disabled TouchWiz MMS app and continue on the way we have been.

I would be glad to help test 4G.. I always have 4G where I am both at work and home. My only issue is this, I've been away from the forums for a while so I am still running the last version of victorious that was released.

That being said, I have been looking to move to Conquest, but I was waiting for the full install. I would have no issue installing it the long way, but a full install would be helpful! :)

Alright, I'm making the leap. Downloading R4 full and 5.2 update. I will install the R6 update if you PM it to me along with any instructions that are necessary! :)

Alright, I'm making the leap. Downloading R4 full and 5.2 update. I will install the R6 update if you PM it to me along with any instructions that are necessary! :)

I'll send you a PM with the APN test files and instructions as soon as I can. Thanks for your help and make sure you make a backup first!

Status update: looks like the APN changes do indeed kill mms over 4G. I think I'll revert back to the hidden TouchWiz MMS and default APN until MopedRyder is able to come up with a solution. If they ever get 4G rolled out where I live, I'll be right there with him trying to get it to work. On the plus side, I think I know a way to reduce the file size of the TouchWiz MMS apk so I'll look into that.

UPDATE 2: Call auto-reject is alive and kicking. :-)

UPDATE 3: Looks like changing the APNs and the build.prop actually killed my ability to use CDMA/LTE mode on the phone completely with the stock apns-conf.xml. Fixed by reverting to a stock backup and then updating and re-installing Conquest so everything is working well now.

I've decided to hold off on theming Contacts and Dialer for now and just release R6. Testing has been going well (aside from the minor hiccup with the apns-conf detailed above) and I am satisfied that it's fairly stable. Just a few more tests I want to run throughout today, but I'm likely going to push it up tonight and have a link for you all by tomorrow morning some times.

EDIT: Changelog added to 2nd post in case anybody wants to see what's coming. :)

R6 does look good..
Rather disappointed mediashare will be removed yet will see how this all plays out..

@Moon: as you once stated it may be wise later down the line to have different packages to add or remove some apps.
I'm aware it will take a bit of time for such actions to happen, yet you have come a long way with this Rom & I'm seeing a real push between Conquest & Victories user's..

Keep up the great work Moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom