• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [VIRGINMOBILE][GUIDE][BASIC][WIP] Rooting for Newbies!

You can put your sdcard in a USB adapter if you have one, otherwise you can transfer it over the USB cable while the sdcard is in the phone.

Ditto ;)
Let us know how it goes! We'll answer any questions. Sorry I missed this last one I was out riding my scooter :D

ok great i downloaded it but quick ??? if i route my phone are there any glitches to this because i bf routes her phone an on certain roms she could reciev picsz an things like tht.. will this do things lik this to my phone im new to this sorry :o AN I THANK YU FA ALL YA HELP

Rooting shouldn't as long as you follow the steps. If however you delete an app that you.shouldn't....then you will have issues.

When flashing Busybox and Superuser I get following message (after it checks for MD5 file and doesn't find one and then does...)

Verifying zip signature...
Verifying update package...

[I think this is where the problem starts]

E:signature verification failed
Error flashing zip '/external_sd/busybox_v1.20.2
Updating partition details...

When flashing Superuser it also says

E: failed to verify whole-file signature

Any help?

When flashing Busybox and Superuser I get following message (after it checks for MD5 file and doesn't find one and then does...)

Any help?

I'll check the links I have posted and see if there's a MD5 mismatch. If so, I may need to post new links. The files may be corrupted.

You are using TWRP? And nice username by the way :D

Any help?

You may want to wipe cache in TWRP and also go into the advance menu and wipe dalvik cache before flashing any zips. That never hurts and can resolve a lot of issues.

See if this version of SuperSU works better for you? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1538053

As for BusyBox, it can be installed from Market https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox after you flash if you only want to flash one zip.

I am using the recommended steps including TWRP. I will try what you suggested before tonight and reply here again asap. THANK YOU!! :)

I love my new Samsung Victory (upgrade from a Motorola i415!!!!!!!)
hw_moto_i415_large.jpg

Is this process the same on the Virgin Mobile Galaxy Victory as it is on the Sprint version?

The process is the same except that the recovery will be different for the Sprint version. The TWRP recovery listed here is a port for the Virgin Mobile Galaxy Victory.

Every time I try to transfer the SuperSU and Busybox zip files to my SD card a error pops up saying that the disk files cant be read. Do I need these zip files? Should I unzip them?

Every time I try to transfer the SuperSU and Busybox zip files to my SD card a error pops up saying that the disk files cant be read. Do I need these zip files? Should I unzip them?

Perhaps there is something wrong with your sdcard? I would try to redownload them and put them on internal storage and flash. Yes you need them. Don't unzip them

Back
Top Bottom