• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [VIRGINMOBILE][GUIDE][BASIC][WIP] Rooting for Newbies!

Confirming root method works on devices shipping with Android 4.1.2 as well as prior devices.

Is there a TWRP 2.5 for the VM Galaxy Victory? I'm curious because I've seen 2-3 references to it, but no evidence that it exists.

Confirming root method works on devices shipping with Android 4.1.2 as well as prior devices.

Is there a TWRP 2.5 for the VM Galaxy Victory? I'm curious because I've seen 2-3 references to it, but no evidence that it exists.

TWRP 2.5 - Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE page

2.5 seemed to work fine for me, but i believe others have been reporting problems with restoring backups from 2.4.3.0

It wasnt my SD card, My hp just likes to mess with me.
But I got it all Rooted and working perfect.
Thanks to every one on here.
I just cant wait for a new ROM, I keep running out of room on my internal space due to apps. My extSD card is just a waste.
So hopefully this new ROM will have the function of transfering app2sd.
Unless any of you know how to do it???

just bought this phone today and rooted it using this method, no issues at all.

first samsung phone, kinda think the UI reminds me of something a little kid would like, lol. but this is coming from running CM10 on the HTC One V, so who knows.

just bought this phone today and rooted it using this method, no issues at all.

first samsung phone, kinda think the UI reminds me of something a little kid would like, lol. but this is coming from running CM10 on the HTC One V, so who knows.

Yeah I don't care for the touch Wiz home. I went ahead and installed Nova launched at the moment. Seems to suit my needs just fine at the moment, until I decide to change it again that is.

Yeah I don't care for the touch Wiz home. I went ahead and installed Nova launched at the moment. Seems to suit my needs just fine at the moment, until I decide to change it again that is.

I second Nova. It's a great launcher.

yep ;)

i installed nova too. way prettier. the battery & network icons are still sooo ugly, but i guess i can live with it, hehe.

There are alternatives. Such as pulling the framework and systemUI and changing the icons. I'm just lazy at the moment and haven't done it myself yet.

AGREED. i would adore YOU if you did that.

hmm, i don't know how to do that. but i think it may be worth it. i really miss the stock JB look.

Quick rundown. Use adb. And issue adb pull /system/SystemUI.apk and then adb pull /framework/framework-res.apk. install 7zip in your PC. Open the apk with it and navaigate to res/drawable-hdpi and go to town!

AGREED. i would adore YOU if you did that.
EDIT: Nothing, at work, work starting, cannot continue tinkering. After further tinkering, may be an APK issue? Going to test other apps, then maybe attempt copying Trebuchet over from my N10. Other launchers on the Play Store work fine, so I think that URL might have a bad download.

EDIT 2: Trebuchet is no longer a standalone launcher. We'll have to wait for CM. Did more research. None of the threads I found work or will work, ever.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Just wanted to say thanks for this easy to follow guide, everything worked flawlessly and the only change i made was that i used the TWRP 2.5 instead of the 2.4x.

you say to "place busybox and SuperSU" on you my SD card... but where exactly? does it matter? i can just hook up my phone to the computer and drag/drop them onto the SD card in no specific area?

you say to "place busybox and SuperSU" on you my SD card... but where exactly? does it matter? i can just hook up my phone to the computer and drag/drop them onto the SD card in no specific area?

Any folder on the sd is okay. Just make a note of where. You will need to navigate to it through TWRP

don't unzip them? just drag and drop them as is, onto my SD card? im using SuperSU 1.30 and the busybox link you provided and TWRP 2.5... will all of these work together, no issues?

confirmed working for the SPH L300 VM edition TWP and odin best root method so far... naw time to find some custom kernels and rom maybe. at the very least a stockish deodexed rom or is it odex i want lol. i hate branding and bloat

Back
Top Bottom