• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Tasker profiles is everyone using?? (This thread is NOT for requesting help with profiles)

A screenshot is best but what is your context to start that profile?

It's set to start at a specific time of a specific day of the week, if that's what you mean.

At this point having trouble getting the screenshot to display from the Dropbox link. Does it need to be in my Shared folder to work halfway right?

You should be able to post the screenshot directly to this forum. At least that's how I do it from Tapatalk. I've had that problem with Dropbox and I think it has to be in the Shared folder.

Let's try again:

screenshot-1348954714432.png

When I had it On, it turned on the silent mode at the wrong time. I thought I had simply turned off the profile at that time (sigh). The "documentation" for this program makes me feel like I have an IQ of about 6.

Found the font courtesy of another forum user. :)

When I tried to set it up last week, it ran hours before it was supposed to, putting the phone in silent mode well before 10:45.

For efficiencies sake I would put the day context before the hours so it only checks the hours on Sunday. Don't know why the time would be off. Is Tasker in a different time zone?

Hello everyone, just scratching the surface of tasker and wondering if anyone van point me in the right direction to find this step by step. ...

Profile: When person incorrectly enters lock screen pattern

Task: Record Audio, Save Audio, Email Audio....

thanks in advance

Hey Guys, is anyone successfully using Announcify with Tasker in here. I know you can read SMS with and caller names without Announcify but I like it because it can also read my google talk messages also.

Anyway at one time I had a Profile that would toggle Announcify for me when I'm connected to my bluetooth in the car. However, my phone died and I had to get a replacement so I'm starting over. For some reason now when my profile triggers it only toggles Announcify++ in the app and nothing else turns on so nothing gets read. Any help would be most appreciated thanks.

Hello everyone,

great thread, great ideas!
Since yesterday, i was trying to create, edit, play with Tasker... however i am getting reboots after phone calls (apex 3-4 seconds after the call is answered) and i cannot find the cause...

How can i find out what profile is causing the problem... ( i have quite a few... :()
Is there a usual suspect for this?

Hello everyone,

great thread, great ideas!
Since yesterday, i was trying to create, edit, play with Tasker... however i am getting reboots after phone calls (apex 3-4 seconds after the call is answered) and i cannot find the cause...

How can i find out what profile is causing the problem... ( i have quite a few... :()
Is there a usual suspect for this?

Nothing that I know of. Do you have any contexts that activate right after a phone call is answered?

The only troubleshooting suggestion that I can give is to disable all profiles except one, call your phone from another phone, and see if the problem happens. If not, disable all but another, and so on. If that doesn't reveal the troublemaker, then it could be a combination of tasks, in which case...I think we'd need to know the contexts in order to help more.

Good luck.

Hello everyone, just scratching the surface of tasker and wondering if anyone van point me in the right direction to find this step by step. ...

Profile: When person incorrectly enters lock screen pattern

Task: Record Audio, Save Audio, Email Audio....

thanks in advance

As far as I know, it can't be done on current Android versions. Recording audio is only possible (without third-party software) when the phone is not on the lock screen, and when the lock pattern is entered incorrectly, the lock screen is still up.

Nothing that I know of. Do you have any contexts that activate right after a phone call is answered?

The only troubleshooting suggestion that I can give is to disable all profiles except one, call your phone from another phone, and see if the problem happens. If not, disable all but another, and so on. If that doesn't reveal the troublemaker, then it could be a combination of tasks, in which case...I think we'd need to know the contexts in order to help more.

Good luck.

No, no contexts before or after a phone call is answered.
Yes, i agree that i need to take them 1 by 1, but i was hoping for best practises :)

Thank you for you time :)

No, no contexts before or after a phone call is answered.
Yes, i agree that i need to take them 1 by 1, but i was hoping for best practises :)

Thank you for you time :)

I've heard just a few instances of people running Tasker on old or slow phones that can't really accommodate it and having the app crash or the phone freeze. Are you running Donut on a Dream or anything crazy like that?

I've heard just a few instances of people running Tasker on old or slow phones that can't really accommodate it and having the app crash or the phone freeze. Are you running Donut on a Dream or anything crazy like that?

Unfortunately or fortunately (!) i am using Galaxy Note 2 :)
For the time being i have deactivate Tasker from my device...

Hello,
I am using Tasker for the folowing:

1. Extended screen timeout when in one of many reading programs

2. In the evenings when I

I have 4 simple ones that work flawlessly for me:

1) Call Brightness - when the phone is ringing, brightness goes to 100% for 15 seconds then returns to auto brightness

2) Sleep Mode - Puts phone in silent mode from 11:45pm-7:30am - sets volume to mid-level on exit

3) Alarm - Sets a notification sound to go off every weekday at 7:30am - only once. I don't use an alarm clock as it doesn't matter exactly when I get into work.

4) Rotate Pictures - I don't like auto rotate so I leave it off. But when the app QuickPic is opened, it toggles rotation back on. Toggles it off on exit. That way, I can always view my landscape pictures in landscape mode.

Anyway, nothing special but they work for me. I was using profiles that turned Data off when on wifi but quickly learned that I could not receive an MMS with Data off. Not sure turning it off saves battery anyway.

After a ton of troubleshooting, I finalized a profile that figures out whether or not I'm driving, and starts a driving profile (complete with reading texts out loud and announcing callers with a get-voice option to take the call). The base is that I use a profile that tracks my GPS location every 10 minutes and logs it to a text file. I now have about two years of locations. The file is set to not append a new entry if the previous log was the same as the current log.

But until now, I was too busy/lazy/whatever to amend the profile to not append new location data to the text file unless the new location data was more than 0.005 away in latitude or longitude from the previous one (because GPS isn't precise to the foot, so sometimes while I sleep, it appends five different locations to the file, which is a waste of space and makes the Google Earth map into which I periodically import the text file really messy).That's accomplished by splitting the %LOC variable by a comma, which gives %LOC1 and %LOC2, one with latitude and one with latitude.

So, the driving profile subtracts the current %LOC1 from the previous one, and likewise subtracts the current %LOC2 from the previous one, and if either one is more than .06 different from the last one, it means I've traveled a decent amount of distance in those 10 minutes, and it triggers a car profile.

I sometimes disable that car profile and use a bike profile instead, but with smaller amounts (which would depend on the user's speed). The car one is often difficult, though, because Boston traffic sucks, and sometimes I'm on Washington Street for .02 of one degree of longitude and it takes me over ten minutes. (Which is sad.)

After a ton of troubleshooting, I finalized a profile that figures out whether or not I'm driving, and starts a driving profile (complete with reading texts out loud and announcing callers with a get-voice option to take the call). The base is that I use a profile that tracks my GPS location every 10 minutes and logs it to a text file. I now have about two years of locations. The file is set to not append a new entry if the previous log was the same as the current log.

But until now, I was too busy/lazy/whatever to amend the profile to not append new location data to the text file unless the new location data was more than 0.005 away in latitude or longitude from the previous one (because GPS isn't precise to the foot, so sometimes while I sleep, it appends five different locations to the file, which is a waste of space and makes the Google Earth map into which I periodically import the text file really messy).That's accomplished by splitting the %LOC variable by a comma, which gives %LOC1 and %LOC2, one with latitude and one with latitude.

So, the driving profile subtracts the current %LOC1 from the previous one, and likewise subtracts the current %LOC2 from the previous one, and if either one is more than .06 different from the last one, it means I've traveled a decent amount of distance in those 10 minutes, and it triggers a car profile.

I sometimes disable that car profile and use a bike profile instead, but with smaller amounts (which would depend on the user's speed). The car one is often difficult, though, because Boston traffic sucks, and sometimes I'm on Washington Street for .02 of one degree of longitude and it takes me over ten minutes. (Which is sad.)

Sounds cool - do you mind sharing?

Great thread - so many ideas. I've only read a couple pages so far because there are so many posts. It's funny to see that a lot of the ideas from the first couple of pages are for programs to perform tasks that 2 years later many phones have built in! I'm currently on a Motorola RAZR HD MAXX which uses Smart Actions, program that does a lot of the things people previously needed Tasker for. But I really like to tinker and support good devs so I went ahead and bought Tasker anyway.

Very new to the program and just barely scraping the surface but this is what I've come up with so far:

Bose SoundLink connected via BT -> BT Voice, Ringer and Notification volumes set to 0, Media volume set to max.

Work (using GPS) -> Silent mode with vibrate on, WiFi off, Mobile Data on.

Drive (connected to car via BT) -> GPS on, on exit Stop Location Source GPS.

Waking up (this is a favorite!): At home, Sat or Sun, Time from 6 - 11 a.m., Power via wall charger inverted -> sends a text to my wife "I'm up! I need some coffee!!" This one is our little joke but works great. Since I work evenings she gets up a few hours before I do. So when I am home on a Saturday or Sunday, if my phone is on the wall socket charger and I unplug it between the hours of 6 and 11 it sends the text. This allows her time to get a cup of coffee ready for me by the time I make it out to the living room.

Bright Apps: Basically a simple app that designates several different apps that require a brighter screen to automatically increase the brightness level when those apps are started and then the brightness returns to what it was when the program closes. Neat little program that helps save some battery juice.

Looking forward to reading more posts and getting some more ideas and getting better at programming in Tasker!

Back
Top Bottom