• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who's getting The Bionic on launch date?

Moi.

I absolutely despise my BB. One of the worst phones that I've had for the past 2 years.

<--- Look at my username :)

I talked to VZW Support tonight just to double-confirm that I am eligible for an upgrade (actually I talked to them twice, once for the upgrade and once about the Droid Bionic ARena) ... needless to say BOTH reps played stupid with me when I said something about the Bionic ... I then said "It'll be out on the 8th, VZW stores already have them" he said "ahh, you got me, Im not supposed to tell" haha.

Dropped by my (semi) local VZW store today to see if my "guy", would put one aside for me as I won't be able to make it in until around 7:00 PM or so. There where several other sales people around him, and he said he couldn't and that there has already been VERY HIGH interest/demand. He said they expect a sellout. As we were walking (and as such away from the other reps (he is the lead sales guy in the store), he said to call him in the morning on launch day and he will "try" to put one aside for me. Hope that works out. I would love to do the Costco deal, but being able to put the phone on my phone bill wins at the moment (not enough cash).

I honestly don't know. Our Droids have been holding up fine (my wife's is in a bit worse shape). I really just want to see a bit more info on the Prime since I'd rather go with that. But, if I don't hear anything on it by the middle of Sept., we'll likely go with Bionics!

I have a silly little thing called a job which may delay my grand entrance into Verizon that day. :mad:

They'd better have one left at 4 pm!

This new Costco member will have his big, greasy, freakin' nose pressed up against the glass doors at the Mayfield Rd location ... Thursday morning at 9:59am! And I "pity da foo" who gets in the way of me and that Verizon counter. :eek: :D

This new Costco member will have his big, greasy, freakin' nose pressed up against the glass doors at the Mayfield Rd location ... Thursday morning at 9:59am! And I "pity da foo" who gets in the way of me and that Verizon counter. :eek: :D

*arrives at Costco at 9:59am and finds a line of 20 people looking to get the Bionic*

F**K! :mad::p

Since my DX2 is working pretty nicely, I will probably wait a few days to a week to see what the user feedback is on the Bionic before I use my upgrade on it. As of now everything we are seeing leaked out is looking very good.

I just asked my VZW store this morning if they were planning on opening up early as I got there this morning to get a charger(my charger was left in Boston this past week) they're response jokingly was "WHAT!?!?! NO WHY what's happening on Thursday?!?!?" and then they proceeded to tell me that nope 9am on Thursday will be opening time and that's when they will sell the Bionic, I said good I'll be here at 0830 at the latest...he also started explaning some of the accesories to me, which I thought was nice, though I may not get some of them shocker there right?

I was out and about so I swung in to the nearest VZW store to see if they had the Bionic out on display by some miracle. The guy was cool and said they had the phones but weren't going to put them out until Thursday morning. Damn.

He got all excited talking about the phone though and said it was awesome. he tried to get the manager to break one out of the back room for me to physically check out but the manager was a crusher of dreams and denied me early access. :mad:

Oh well, one will be mine Thursday morning without a doubt, now it's just a question of whether I drive thirty minutes to buy one at Costco or two minutes to the VZW store. I think I'll call Costco and see if they have them in stock before making the drive, maybe that will make my decision easier.

Either way, can't wait! This week is gonna DRAG!

I have the advantage of working a second shift job. Don't have to be at work until 2:30PM so I can go sit at the store all morning. Will likely go grab some breakfast then just park and wait.

My OG Droid is running on it's last legs even with CM7, I've started to notice it slowing down and I keep having to delete apps because the internal memory fills up.

I am quite the fickle Smartphone shopper: I originally had an iPhone 4 at launch, only to return it when the "Antennagate" issue popped up. Bought a Droid X at launch, used it until the iPhone 4 came out on Verizon. Sold my DX for the iPhone 4, gave that to my wife when the white version came out.

But now I am going to switch to the Bionic because LTE will be available in my area on 9/15! Will probably use the Bionic until the iPhone 6 comes out with LTE some time in 2012. Really, I like using both platforms (iOS and Android) so the LTE factor was a bigger factor for me this year. There's about a 1% chance that this year's iPhone upgrade will have LTE, so I think it's safe to go with the Bionic. :D

Anyway, I'll be at the local VZW corp store Thursday morning (there is no Costco in my area).

I have a silly little thing called a job which may delay my grand entrance into Verizon that day. :mad:

They'd better have one left at 4 pm!

This isn't an iPhone 5 we're talking about here guys. There will be plenty of Bionics to go around. When's the last time you saw a bunch of Motorola fanboys camping out at a Verizon store the day before an expected launch? It just doesn't happen.

BTW: I will be at the local VZW store at 9am just in case. ;-)

I really don't want to hang out at costco for an hour - do we REALLY think they'll go that fast?! :)

+1 to answer the op question!

This isn't an iPhone 5 we're talking about here guys. There will be plenty of Bionics to go around. When's the last time you saw a bunch of Motorola fanboys camping out at a Verizon store the day before an expected launch? It just doesn't happen.

BTW: I will be at the local VZW store at 9am just in case. ;-)

It happened with the Droid X

It happened with the Droid X

Droid Incredible as well

I doubt it would be even close to that launch though based on what I've seen in terms of how many threads and posts there are in here. There was a ton more activity on Incredible and X sub forums.

Come hell or high water I will have a Bionic Thursday morning. I am actually on vacation on Cape Cod this week and its an hour drive to the one and only Verizon store on the Cape, but it will be worth it!

Just for the record, Costco generally opens 10 mins early. Score!

Back
Top Bottom