• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WireFly Pre-Order Thunderbolt Starting Tonight - Ships 3/17

I had a bad experience with Wirefly the last time I got a phone from them. I had moved from NC to CA, but had a NC number at that time. When I ordered the phone online, I used the 'Have an existing connection' option, but ended up getting a new number because apparently, they don't activate new connections for a NC number in CA. I tried to get the matter resolved, but it didn't quite work out. Eventually, I had to give up my NC number.

The moral of the story is to avoid Wirefly if you are in a scenario where you just moved from one state to another or if you are a current AT&T customer and want to move to Verizon while retaining your current number.

Upvote 0
Yall are gonna order this phone without knowing the data plan pricing? Bold moves gentlemen, bold moves. Wish I had your stones.

I'm sure by the time wirefly opens their site to pre-orders, they will list the data plans. How else would they sell the phone?

If VZW allows wirefly to start selling at 3AM EST, then that most likely means that we will all wake up to the official announcement from Verizon along with data plan info tomorrow. There is no way that wirefly will be able to sell the phone with data plans without official pricing from VZW. This is why they cannot sell until that 3AM time slot.

Upvote 0
I'm sure by the time wirefly opens their site to pre-orders, they will list the data plans. How else would they sell the phone?

If VZW allows wirefly to start selling at 3AM EST, then that most likely means that we will all wake up to the official announcement from Verizon along with data plan info tomorrow. There is no way that wirefly will be able to sell the phone with data plans without official pricing from VZW. This is why they cannot sell until that 3AM time slot.

The data plan at launch will be the current unlimited data plan.

Upvote 0

hmm.. good point. I still waiting to here data plans.

Upvote 0
what are the advantages to using wirefly? i've never used them before.

From the complaints I've read in other forums on Wirefly, I would strongly advise reading their fine print before proceeding - from another thread here:

You have to be very careful with Wirefly and Let's Talk. If you don't read the fine print very carefully, you could wind up with a $300 charge on your credit card. If you abide by their rules you're fine. Basically, all changes to your account for 180 days have to be done through them. If not, something like changing your rate plan or phone number would breach the contract.

Maybe google "androidforums.com wirefly" for more. ;)

Reactions: lamoglinsgal
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones