• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WireFly Pre-Order Thunderbolt Starting Tonight - Ships 3/17

I understand people having their doubts. I highly highly doubt that knowing what happened with best buy pre orders wirefly would do the same thing. Unless they had absolute confirmation they would not be throwing out the release date. On the other hand if Verizon is run by bunch of people that pull the release date whenever they feel like it then I wouldn't blame best buy or wirefly.

Upvote 0
i would order but since i have the special discount on my current plan i dont want wirefly messing it up. I will preorder with VZW or just go in to vzw. On vzw i can get an upgrade also but the wirefly says i cant...boo!

I get a discount also (bc of my place of employment). Last time I upgraded through Best Buy and all discounts carried over, so I assume it would happen with Wirefly, also,

Upvote 0
From the complaints I've read in other forums on Wirefly, I would strongly advise reading their fine print before proceeding - from another thread here:

Maybe google "androidforums.com wirefly" for more. ;)

I know a few people change phones very often, but at least it's only 6 months without changes, and not the length of contract. But it's good for people to know.

Upvote 0
EgoDogg... are you sure the data plan you get from Wirefly also includes 4G? Sorry for the stupid question, but I am a bit paranoid, I guess...

It didn't say 3G or 4G where you selected the data plan. Here are the exact details / choices:

77717133.png

It doesn't list 3G or 4G anywhere in the full description of either.

Also, for people that don't feel comfortable pre-ordering with Wirefly, you can also pre-order through letstalk (wal-mart's mobile department) for $229.99).

HTC Thunderbolt (Verizon Wireless) | LetsTalk.com

LetsTalk's 2 year warranty is only $99.99 and covers Coverage against drops, spills, mechanical/electrical failure, and other accidents

Upvote 0
I've had a good experience and a bad experience with them. Good experience, I got my phone, nothing crazy happened, and all was right with the world. Bad experience, I got my phone, like a year later received a $300 bill from Simplexity for I don't know what because I DID read the fine print, and could never get a hold of anyone who could tell me anything. Try talking to Simplexity. It's next to impossible. Luckily for me, I had switched banks during that time, so they never got any money from me. Nothing is showing on my credit report, however, to this day I have never been able to get a hold of anyone to discuss it. That was in 2009.

Buyer beware. :) I'd rather pay the extra $50 to $100 for peace of mind.

Upvote 0
Just pre-ordered. Btw people, use coupon code WIREFLY4GB at checkout and receive (yes, I know it's unnecessary but it's free) a transcend 4GB MicroSD card. Or you can enter TBBT and get a FREE Micro 2.0 Bluetooth headset (a $49.99 value)

I'm treading lightly right now. I see the unlimited data, but then when I go to pick my calling plan it has a talk and text plan and it doesn't specify if it's unlimited text. I probably do quite a bit of texting and don't want a limited text. If I remember, all unlimited text fell under unlimited data, but I'm still a little torn, and then I am curious if shipping is done on the day the phone is available or if it's shipped the day before so you get the phone on the day it is available. Decisions decisions.....

Upvote 0
I'm treading lightly right now. I see the unlimited data, but then when I go to pick my calling plan it has a talk and text plan and it doesn't specify if it's unlimited text. I probably do quite a bit of texting and don't want a limited text. If I remember, all unlimited text fell under unlimited data, but I'm still a little torn, and then I am curious if shipping is done on the day the phone is available or if it's shipped the day before so you get the phone on the day it is available. Decisions decisions.....
You're right to be careful. Unlimited data does not mean unlimited texts. Texts are a separate element on your plan.

Upvote 0
I'm still on the fence with this order since I wonder if I order at my local Verizon if I'll be able to pick up the phone on the day it's released, if this phone ships from Wirefly on the day it's available to everyone else (my luck with Fed-Ex they try to deliver on Friday and can't, thus holding it for the weekend) and I'm sitting like an idiot waiting for my phone, or I sign up for the wrong talk/text/data plan on here and get irritated trying to resolve the issue. Although, at $199 it's very tempting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones