• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WireFly Pre-Order Thunderbolt Starting Tonight - Ships 3/17

What I don't understand is I qualify for the same price that people pay for opening a new contract, and even received text messages that told me I'm eligible for an early upgrade (have received 3 text messages thus far). I'm told if I wait till May, I'll get a $30 discount, but that will still come out to $20 more than if I were to purchase through you guys.

I really am sorry about this, however it is due to the fact that the carrier will not allow us to activate the order until you are fully eligible for the upgrade. We wish we could activate these orders but the carrier will not compensate us for the orders until the account is fully eligible for upgrade. The carrier can upgrade you early at their discretion, but we are not able to provide early upgrades to customers.

Upvote 0
I really am sorry about this, however it is due to the fact that the carrier will not allow us to activate the order until you are fully eligible for the upgrade. We wish we could activate these orders but the carrier will not compensate us for the orders until the account is fully eligible for upgrade. The carrier can upgrade you early at their discretion, but we are not able to provide early upgrades to customers.

Lmfao best buy did my early upgrade from April 12 :D

Upvote 0
I am sorry to hear you had this experience with us, but I wanted to clarify something about what happened. You moved from the east coast to the west coast - the carrier will not let you keep your number when you do that. That is considered changing markets (ie: from NYC market to Las Vegas market) and the carriers don't allow that. It was not Wirefly being difficult about it, but we were following the rules from the carrier. I am sorry if this was not explained to you by our representatives and caused for you to have a bad experience with us. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to be of assistance to you.

That's funny, because I've had my Massachusetts number, here in Chicago, for the past five years... All my bills come to Chicago, but my number is still the same. I can still go into Verizon stores to upgrade phones, regardless of whether I'm in Massachusetts or Illinois. The Verizon reps told me that the "out-of-market" stuff stopped being an issue several years ago.

Upvote 0
That's funny, because I've had my Massachusetts number, here in Chicago, for the past five years... All my bills come to Chicago, but my number is still the same. I can still go into Verizon stores to upgrade phones, regardless of whether I'm in Massachusetts or Illinois. The Verizon reps told me that the "out-of-market" stuff stopped being an issue several years ago.

Mea Culpa....you are correct. :eek: Thank you for posting this. I went and verified this with our activations manager. Apparently the carriers have recently changed the rules for us regarding activating orders with numbers being out of market, and they allow us to now activate those orders. Truly this is a recent change, so I do apologize for any confusion that my previous post may have caused anyone. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones