• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE WARP Watering hole

I got really sick over the weekend. Like I couldn't roll over in bed without throwing up. I don't know why but it seems to be over.

Today so far all I've accomplished is bricking my warp. I brought it back from the dead thankfully. Never had it boot loop so bad that I couldn't get into recovery @_@ was scary!

FYI, I am Japanese, Half anyway, I was raised in Japan for over 17 yrs, Some of the language is dialect specific. Some words mean different things to different people in different parts of the country. I speak it fluently, Several dialects actually. It has nothing to do with a made up fantasy language, in it;s flow, dialects, word meanings or anything else. Just thought I would clarify that for people who are wanting to learn the Language. When I got here, at 17 yrs old I could barely speak english.

However after almost twenty years here in America, I have been Americanized Sorta. I dont really have a japanese accent, unless I want to use it, or just go into it without knowing. Hope this helps people wanting to learn Japanese, It can become quit complicated.:D

I was born in America, but both my parents are Salvadorian immigrants. They didn't know English when they got here, so since I was a toddler I had to teach myself... I ended up teaching my parents English and by the time I was 6 I was pretty fluent. English is my first language, I taught myself then my parents taught me Spanish afterwards. Its probably the reason why I don't act my race :p I like heavy metal, Italian food (ravioli, rissoto, pizza, etc...), I don't wear shorts often, I'm usually in skinny jeans (hence the user name :D) and plaid flannel shorts and canvas shoes, blah and above all the girls I go out with are either part American or they act it. I fail as an Hispanic -___- lol

FYI, I am Japanese, Half anyway, I was raised in Japan for over 17 yrs, Some of the language is dialect specific. Some words mean different things to different people in different parts of the country. I speak it fluently, Several dialects actually. It has nothing to do with a made up fantasy language, in it;s flow, dialects, word meanings or anything else. Just thought I would clarify that for people who are wanting to learn the Language. When I got here, at 17 yrs old I could barely speak english.

However after almost twenty years here in America, I have been Americanized Sorta. I dont really have a japanese accent, unless I want to use it, or just go into it without knowing. Hope this helps people wanting to learn Japanese, It can become quit complicated.:D

I don't think anyone really was saying anything about it being a made up fantasy language. It's just that for non native speakers it's a drastically different language, and one of the big things I notice when listening is lack of syllables which end in hard consonants. In Japanese song, pretty much any syllable can be held in tone, whereas, try to sing "cat" and hold the end of it... lol Maybe flow isn't the right word, but ultimately the point I was trying to make by saying all that is despite the fact that I don't understand as much of it as I'd like, I'd rather listen to Japanese music than English because voices both male and female sound better to me singing in Japanese than English.

What I'd really like to know is WHY is Japanese like that, why are there almost no hard consonant ending syllables. Every language techinically was "made up" at some point, not in the sense of let's sit around the table and make up words but as that culture evolved when a new concept emerged a word was created for it.

I know the hiragana and katakana represent sounds like "yu, wa, tsu, ka, me, su" etc, but generally a language first develops as a spoken language and then the writing comes. So it's not because of the writing system that it's based on the sounds it is. So why does it? I guess a Japanese person might wonder why the heck our language sounds like it does too, though. lol.

I guess the language you learn first kinda dominates your personality later on.

Yep. It's because languages are closely tied into a country's culture. Also, interestingly, it also affects how you think because of the words accessible. Also, some languages might have certain words to describe one thing (e.g. a feeling or concept), whereas other languages might not even have a word for it!

My mom keeps begging me to make bacon gravy. I think I will today. It's like sausage biscuits and gravy but with bacon. It rules but I haven't felt like fixing it.

Reactions: i2f
My mom keeps begging me to make bacon gravy. I think I will today. It's like sausage biscuits and gravy but with bacon. It rules but I haven't felt like fixing it.

God bacon gravy sounds heavenly.... :D omg white gravy is the best!! I can never get enough when I go to whataburger :o

So hungryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy *drools on self*
No! All mine! Bwahahaha!

... I actually ran out :(

I'm hungry too right now I'm just eating Chester hot fries with a Capri sun, but I need ham to fill me up....

My precious ham....

Apparently makIng gravy is a magic trick. Mom taught all 4 of her children and only I can do it. I even lived with a guy with a degree in culinary arts and he made not gravy but a dough ball lol. His specialty was in confections but still...what's hard about making gravy? Ima go make some now and then post a picture!

Apparently makIng gravy is a magic trick. Mom taught all 4 of her children and only I can do it. I even lived with a guy with a degree in culinary arts and he made not gravy but a dough ball lol. His specialty was in confections but still...what's hard about making gravy? Ima go make some now and then post a picture!

Making gravy is a holy art :adore:

Oh. My. *expletive* God.

I must have pissed off the gravy gods with my bragging.

I totally flopped it. First time in my life out of like 30 times. That's what I get for saying I'd post a picture.

*pwned*

And furthermore I have no lunch.

It doesn't look that bad. I coulda posted a picture and lied. But it tastes like burnt flour. Which is exactly what happened - the roux stuck to the bottom of the pan and burned.

!#$%@#

The gods do not accept your gravy offering *-*

EDIT: I just saw the pic on my laptop... still managed to make me hungry even though you say its totally inedible -___- god I'm so hungry and I just had 20 nuggets and extra large fries from mcdonalds D:

Blah... can't sleep.... 0_0

I was like that 2 days ago. Then I decided to pull an all-nighter the night before two job interviews, which surprisingly went really well! Then I crashed and went to bed yesterday at 8 pm. Needless to say, my sleeping schedule got fixed :D

Back
Top Bottom