• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why my Lava Pixel V1 getting Charged only through Computer's USB but NOT with wall outlet?

My Lava Pixel V1 is only getting charged while I connect it to a Computer's USB port with the cable that came with my phone.

But, its not getting charged while I plug the charger (same cable that came with my phone) into a wall outlet.

- Why the phone is not getting charged from wall outlet?

Android Version: Android 6.0 Marshmallow

N.B: The charger is fine as I tested it with other phone also the wall outlets doesn't have any problem.

Help never activated, ZTE z990g Merit Tracphone

Could my friend make telephone calls via a Smartphone instead of via his non-Smartphone if he removes the SIM card from his non-Smart cellphone and inserts it into a rooted Tracphone?

I thank Eric for the link to the video at
It shows beginners how to use an Android Smartphone.
I may not have to explain as much to my friend if he watches it (I've been using an Android 7.1.1 OS for several years).

Seeking an app that will allow me to record local FM broadcasts to MP3.

This may be a particularly odd request... But I am needing an app to record local live FM broadcast to MP3 files.

I often times attend different public events that are broadcast over the FM band - not streaming on the Internet. And, I would like to record these programs in MP3 format for personal use. Yes, those in attendance are permitted to do so, provided they are for personal use and are not made available for the general public).

I do have the voice recorder app on my Motorola e5 Supra, and it does a fair job of recording the programs; but I am finding the white noise of others talking, rustling around, etc, can be a bit distracting. So, for a cleaner recording, I am hunting an app that will allow me to listen to the local FM broadcast (as the NextRadio) app does, but to be able to record these broadcasts in MP3 format...

I understand that I may have to insert a set of wired earbuds, which I have no problem doing, as I would also like to be able to hear the program / speakers without the sounds of people talking around me, children crying, etc.

So if anyone does have any suggestions as to how this could be done, I am all ears/eyes. Thank you so much for your help!

Looking for recommendations for text-only browsers

Welcome to Android Forums!

I moved this to the Apps and Games forum :)

Firefox lets you block images on the Android version if that is what you want:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/block-or-load-images-over-wifi-firefox-android

1. Open Firefox, then tap the menu button (either below the screen on some devices or at the top-right corner of the browser).
  2. Tap Settings (you may need to tap More first).
  3. Tap Advanced.
  4. Tap Show images.
  5. Choose an option from the menu that appears.
    • Always: this default option loads images as long as a data or Wi-Fi connection is available.
    • Only over Wi-Fi: Load images only when a Wi-Fi connection is available.
    • Blocked: Prevent images from loading at all.
  6. When you choose your option, the window will close. Go back to the web page and continue browsing.

blacklist with Textra

It depends where you are in the UI when you do this.

Enter the conversation you wish to blacklist. Don't long press on a post, just look at the top bar. There will be a name or number, and a downward arrow. Touch that and you get the three dots. Try there and you should get the blacklist option.

(Yeah, I'd have thought that of you select a conversation in the list then this should be one of the options, but that's not what they did).
I did this, and it worked! Thanks so much.

LocationManager problem

Solved the problem like this
Java:
 if (ActivityCompat.checkSelfPermission(YourActivity.this, Manifest.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION) != PackageManager.PERMISSION_GRANTED && ActivityCompat.checkSelfPermission(YourActivity.this, Manifest.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION) != PackageManager.PERMISSION_GRANTED) {
          ActivityCompat.requestPermissions(YourActivity.this, new String[]{Manifest.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION}, 1);
          return;
    }else{

mLocationManager = (LocationManager) this.getSystemService(Context.LOCATION_SERVICE);
        mLocationManager.addGpsStatusListener(this);
        mLocationManager.requestLocationUpdates(LocationManager.GPS_PROVIDER, 500, 0, this);
    }

Thank for your efforts! Appreciate it!

Is it possible to unlock an Samsung Note 9 phone with out the pin security number

Am sorry thank you for your answers.. that means they cant acces my files? At all correct?
not unless they have the correct information.....like your gmail address and password associated with it. if you change the password on your gmail account you are pretty much solid as far as being secure.

Filter

Back
Top Bottom