• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Private Chat with Moderators

Just to mention out of curiosity, on another site one time, I found myself able to access admin/mod conversations/postings/area, whatever. It was interesting to say the least as they had a convo going gossiping about members. I reported the glitch. Have always wondered how that happened though. On another site, (where I am a mod) the quick mod area shows an unidentified member under moderation. It has been that way for years. Like other things just left by the wayside, nobody with access to that link (admin) has ever even said what the name of the super 'dangerous' member is. I wonder about that one too! Anyway, this is a good function to have in order to prevent unnecessary PM's to site staff.

[WatchFace] O-Xyde Watch Face

Hi,

I released a new watch face: O-Xyde Watch Face
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.thema.wear.watch.oxyde

Try it with its free version and customize colors, date & hour format, and a lot of other features.

And if you like it, you can unlock the premium features to access to all settings: complications, custom shortcuts, secondary timezone, blending colors, a lot of backgrounds, etc...

I hope that you will like it :)

Xb5GVlL.jpg

bjj0swS.jpg

lDssah2.jpg

JvHwrV9.jpg

A3jNaEd.jpg

o40xSww.jpg

Help Can't Set Up Email

If you are trying to set up an email account that's being served off an independent email server, contact whomever set up and is maintaining your company's email service so he/she can provide you with the necessary info. If that's not possible and you don't know who is managing that email server than that's a pretty serious privacy and security issue that should be addressed.

Root Zv6 Minimal Edition

Zv6 Minimal Edition

*Rooted, debloated, deodexed!

Installation

1. Advanced wipe> Dalvik cache, system, data, cache, internal storage.

2. Install zip

3. Reboot the system, and wait! The very first boot after flashing will take a long time. This is normal. Every boot after that will take about 15 seconds.

4. Go to Settings>System Updates and select update profile to get 4g LTE working again. I also recommend updating the prl.

5. Enjoy!

Credits;
Huge thanks to SuperR for letting me cook in his kitchen!

*** In keeping spirit with open source; ANYTHING that I upload that is explicitly my work, is free for ANYONE to use, modify, and distribute to their liking. If you use something of mine that is original work, please give credit. Anything else is fair game. This Rom included. Happy modding! ***

"Comma" change to keyboard

So, I noticed today when I went to type a text message that the "comma" on the main text page was replaced by a "Question Mark". Has this happened to anyone else? Did I do something in my settings or is there a way to change it back? I am so use to having the comma on the main page I keep typing a question mark by mistake. LOL

Apps Screen Rotation On Android TV

Hello,

The site has a procedure for developers to announce their apps.

Read the below thread for instructions.

http://androidforums.com/threads/how-to-post-app-game-announcements.1128134/

Developer Announcement Procedure
Install the Forums for Android app from Play, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.androidforumscom

Sign in to the forum using the app

Go to the forums tab
Select "My Apps & Games"
Select your app from the list
Tap the green icon in the bottom right to start a new thread
Add a thread title / content and hit the post button (right pointing arrow in the top right of the screen)
Once this is done you can use your PC to create or modify threads in your channel

Once you create the channel using the app we will move your thread to the channel.

If you have any questions, please reply to this message.

Gd LK with the App

Don

Help Why we can select Best answer in the post which were not asked by us?

Wasn't sure if I should start a new thread...

In this thread, a reply has been marked as 'best answer' which, in turn, shows the thread as 'answered.' In fact, the 'best answer' is another comment from one of the people seeking help, and states that he doesn't know what else to try.

Also, since they see an 'answered' thread for a problem they're having, other people are popping in...only to end up asking for a solution.

How are situations like this handled? Can/should it be unmarked as 'best answer?'
I'm not super sure but I think this shouldn't be marked as the best answer. In situations like this I would just report it to the mods and they'll do what's right. :)

Problem when logging in to pocket app with firefox account

Hello 👋,
I've a problem when logging in to pocket app with firefox account.
Note : I have 4 another phones ( my brothers phones) with Pocket app logged in them with the same firefox account and when trying logging in on the 5th phone with same firefox account the phone didn't login , Does the pocket app support a certain number of phones. ( maximum 4)
Note2: the aim of using same account the very easy way to share links than other ways.

Help Can't unlock bootloader on HTC Desire 816G dual sim

Hi everybody
I have HTC 816G dual sim. I tried unlock bootloader via htcdev.com but I have a problem. In my phone settings it doesn't exist power to uncheck fast boot! And when I turn off phone and press volume down + power enter to system recovery. So I tired in cmd and typed "adb reboot bootloader" to enter fastboot mode and after that I typed "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" but it doesn't work and gives me this error:
FAILED <remote: unknown command>
Finished. total time: .004s
I don't know what's the problem!!
Is anybody know what is the problem?
Thanks a lot

I have htc 816g dual sim phone. There is no oem unlocking option in developer mode. How can i fix it?

Exporting my key as a PEM file

Thanks, Brian, but no thanks. :)

I not only don't disable root, I set up all my computers to allow root log-ons. And I allow su - which I use frequently.

My passwords are strong, from the ground up, i.e., starting with my router.

Please don't think your suggestions are bad or anything like that. It's just that I've used *nix since 1985--with ZERO security problems, and off-site backups--and kind of know what I'm doing. :D

I haven't run a linux-based PC yet, but my servers (that I've been running for ~15 years) have root enabled - but direct login to root is limited by key, so only a handful of computers under my control can log in. It would pretty much require stealing one of them to get in. (that said, I won't claim to be a linux expert...)

Filter

Back
Top Bottom