• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid X sbf File Released....Now you can unbrick

Is it required to do a factory reset prior to attempting using SBF? In the rootzwiki post it doesnt say anything about that, just that you need to use RSDlite and such. I have tried over and over to do it but it wont let me click the Start button in RSD. my device shows up, i have selected the correct sbf and everthing but i cant click start, any ideas? is it because I havent done factory reset and cache wipe or whateveR?

Upvote 0
Ive had the M stuck on my phone since yesterday morning when I attempted to get the update. Before I tried to upload the Froyo update I had downloaded and loaded the recovery bootsrap by Koush. So this evening I flashed my phone it seemed as if was doing its thing when "Flashed Failed" appeared on the screen. What might could be the problem? Thanks

Upvote 0
am trying to go back to 2.1 and hope someone can give me a little more explicit direction than I have found so far (I have read so many forums and threads but cannot get this clear for myself yet). I have followed the rootzwi directions, I have downloaded drivers, rsb lite and copied the new ini over the old, I unzipped the sbf file and it is in a separate folder from the rsb lite. I am confused by whether in step 4 "open rsd lite and find the unzipped sbf" part - should I put my unzipped sbf in the rsd lite folder? It is not there right now - they are in two separate folders on my desktop. Then I am confusted as to what start button is being talked about - on the phone or the computer.

The directions in this thread get me confused in what to do in these two steps:
Run RSD Lite 4.7 with patch pre-applied. If you need RSD Lite and the patch, you can download it from my personal mirror http://www.vengefulsoda.com/RSDLite-4.7+patch.zip BE SURE YOU OVERWRITE THE PST_FLASH.INI IN THE RSD LITE FOLDER WITH THE ONE INSIDE OF THIS ARCHIVE AFTER YOU INSTALL RSD LITE.

Do I disconnect phone to do step 9?
9. Flash SBF to Phone. (The link to the SBF file cannot be provided on the forum. Also, some people have had to rename their SBF file to something short like r.sbf and drop it in the root of the C: or a folder right underneath the C: )

And do I need to remove the update.zip file that updated to 2.2 from my sd card first?
Sorry if these are completely obvious to everyone else, I just do not want to start the process until these are clear. Thankyou

Upvote 0
am trying to go back to 2.1 and hope someone can give me a little more explicit direction than I have found so far (I have read so many forums and threads but cannot get this clear for myself yet). I have followed the rootzwi directions, I have downloaded drivers, rsb lite and copied the new ini over the old, I unzipped the sbf file and it is in a separate folder from the rsb lite. I am confused by whether in step 4 "open rsd lite and find the unzipped sbf" part - should I put my unzipped sbf in the rsd lite folder? It is not there right now - they are in two separate folders on my desktop. Then I am confusted as to what start button is being talked about - on the phone or the computer.

The directions in this thread get me confused in what to do in these two steps:
Run RSD Lite 4.7 with patch pre-applied. If you need RSD Lite and the patch, you can download it from my personal mirror http://www.vengefulsoda.com/RSDLite-4.7+patch.zip BE SURE YOU OVERWRITE THE PST_FLASH.INI IN THE RSD LITE FOLDER WITH THE ONE INSIDE OF THIS ARCHIVE AFTER YOU INSTALL RSD LITE.

Do I disconnect phone to do step 9?
9. Flash SBF to Phone. (The link to the SBF file cannot be provided on the forum. Also, some people have had to rename their SBF file to something short like r.sbf and drop it in the root of the C: or a folder right underneath the C: )

And do I need to remove the update.zip file that updated to 2.2 from my sd card first?
Sorry if these are completely obvious to everyone else, I just do not want to start the process until these are clear. Thankyou

1)just put the actual sbf file on your desktop nd then open rsd and point it at it
2)No it has to be connected in order to flash the sbf
3)You don't have to but you can if you want

Reactions: farrellcollie
Upvote 0
thank you for clearing that up, we had not heard anything yet if we were allowed to or not.

Yea, I always hate to be the spoil sport :( that has to stop stuff like this, but we want to keep the forum out of some lawyer's cross hairs. If they ever change their mind or allow it to go out again then one of us will post that it is ok again.

I appreciate everyone's understanding.

Reactions: jreed2560 and D13
Upvote 0
Im getting the following error when trying to flash the sbf any ideas please help...

10:41:53, August 23, 2010
Line: 235
ERROR: Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file.
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\MIFlash.cpp
Device ID: 0

Line: 1183
ERROR: Phone[0000]: Flash failed.
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\PST_FP_FlashThread.cpp

Line: 587
ERROR: Flash failure: Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file. (Error Code: 3b),
Detailed Error Details: Direction of the Error=No Direction, Command Value=0, Code Group Number=No Codegroup
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\FlashHdlr.cpp

Upvote 0
Im getting the following error when trying to flash the sbf any ideas please help...

Line: 235
ERROR: Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file.
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\MIFlash.cpp

Line: 1183
ERROR: Phone[0000]: Flash failed.
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\PST_FP_FlashThread.cpp

Line: 587
ERROR: Flash failure: Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file. (Error Code: 3b),
Detailed Error Details: Direction of the Error=No Direction, Command Value=0, Code Group Number=No Codegroup
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\FlashHdlr.cpp

you need the new rsd lite

I hope I don't get in trouble for this
patch the old .ini in the program files with the one in the zip file
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Reactions: BigJim94
Upvote 0
I just want to be sure on this, it is not ok to request a link through PM?

Correct, requesting that someone PM you a link is the same as if someone posted a link on the forum.

Are my Private message Not private?

Not if you are openly discussing the content of that PM in a forum post. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones