• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid X sbf File Released....Now you can unbrick

I decided to go back to 2.1 to see how long it would take and found that the steps on the rootzwiki main page were insufficient.It did not explain recovery mode vs bootloader mode, or that you should put first come first serve on rsd lite, or that it would go into boot loop until you did factory wipe/reset and that you would have to re-activate your phone. The following threads were very helpful:

Unbricking Your Droid X - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Droid X SBF Windows Instructions. Finally. - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - Droid X SBF Windows Instructions. Finally. - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - AllDroid.org > Home

Of course i am still grateful for everything on rootzwiki but man the last step "click start and sit back" it was anything but that easy.

Reactions: farrellcollie
Upvote 0
Turned my phone on today only to find out that I was stuck in boot loop. :(

I've gotten as far as wiping my cache, doing a factory reset, installing all the files, replacing the old .ini with the the new/ patched one, and now when I go into bootloader mode on my phone, run RSD lite, my phone does not show up.

What am I doing wrong? I'm running rooted 2.1 with NexThemes...

Thanks in advanced :)

Upvote 0
Piiman, better that you tell people in PM, like you have been, that they can't have the copyrighted file.

But people hate me when I tell them that.

But really why is Moto so stupid? This file can prevent people from scaming VZW and allow them to fix their phones and these goofs think they can stop it.

1. It's out it isn't going back in the box
2. Same for the update
3. Give it up Moto you lost.
4. If you can't beat'em join'em why not give us tools to make sure we don't brick our phones? It would be sooo much easier than trying to shut down the internet. I'd happily give up warranty if you did.

Now I'm off to flash my phone with this cheeseburger. :D later

Upvote 0
Motorola has sent out numerous C&D letters regarding the SBF.

DO NOT post links to the SBF on this forum or request a link via PM.

Anyone posting links from this point forward will be given an infraction or banned.

If the files arent actually hosted on your servers, you cant get into any legal trouble.

I don't get why we arent allowed to help those who bricked their phones, yet we are still allowed to post links to the update file, where there are currently like 5 on these forums right now.

Please dont handcuff us.

Reactions: johnhancock
Upvote 0
If the files arent actually hosted on your servers, you cant get into any legal trouble.

I don't get why we arent allowed to help those who bricked their phones, yet we are still allowed to post links to the update file, where there are currently like 5 on these forums right now.

Please dont handcuff us.

Did they even send a C&D here? And if so what for ? People talking about knowing where its hosted?

It is strange that after a month or more of talking about it they suddenly get all scared and bring the hammer down.

At least they waited until after the leaked update....otherwise know as PBD Phone Brick Bay. :rolleyes:

Reactions: johnhancock
Upvote 0

Please dont handcuff us.

Ive notuiced that ericnail has been one of those people who has helped me and others while getting into these forums.

If he says you're handcuffing him, im guesing that's going to be bad for us.

Upvote 0

Please dont handcuff us.

Allowing you guys to post links to something that the owners of the file do not want floating around is the same as allowing you to post links to pirated software, from a legal standpoint. The same thing happened with swype. We try to avoid legal trouble any way we can so nobody is trying to handcuff anyone. We just can't allow people to post the link on the forum. I know it sucks, but that is how it has to be. If we ever received a notice about the update, it would be stopped too. I hope you guys can understand and comply with the rules. Banning people who are trying to help is something we never want to do.

Upvote 0
allowing you guys to post links to something that the owners of the file do not want floating around is the same as allowing you to post links to pirated software, from a legal standpoint. The same thing happened with swype. We try to avoid legal trouble any way we can so nobody is trying to handcuff anyone. We just can't allow people to post the link on the forum. I know it sucks, but that is how it has to be. If we ever received a notice about the update, it would be stopped too. I hope you guys can understand and comply with the rules. Banning people who are trying to help is something we never want to do.

ooooooooookkkkk :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones