• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) | Current Version: 09122011

Im about to brave this new build on my own through ROM manager. I already flashed Clockwork Mod recovery and did a backup. Now I went to Install Rom from sd (Which I already got from Wiki - 0514). So my question is do I wipe Data and Cache or just go with Wipe Dalvic Cache and do I also have to do Gapps? Im in training on this but Im excited about getting the new build. Thanks in advance for the help.

Upvote 0
Im about to brave this new build on my own through ROM manager. I already flashed Clockwork Mod recovery and did a backup. Now I went to Install Rom from sd (Which I already got from Wiki - 0514). So my question is do I wipe Data and Cache or just go with Wipe Dalvic Cache and do I also have to do Gapps? Im in training on this but Im excited about getting the new build. Thanks in advance for the help.

When that little popup comes up, just wipe the dalvik cache. I've been doing that over 10 times now with no problems whatsoever. I'm glad you're taking advantage of ROM Manager. It makes my life a little easier. :)

Upvote 0
When that little popup comes up, just wipe the dalvik cache. I've been doing that over 10 times now with no problems whatsoever. I'm glad you're taking advantage of ROM Manager. It makes my life a little easier. :)
You da man issacj87 - YOU ARE THE MAN. Im good to go. Thanks to you and all involved. I certainly hope you get your pony. :D

Upvote 0
Do I have the lazy Assend? cm7 0509 oc'd to 710

On first boot, everything is a little sluggish.. Most icons are the little green android for a few seconds..But after everything clears up, it runs real smooth..

Angry Birds is still sluggish after a few minutes of play, just as it was with cm6 and icarus..

Doesnt sound like it is lazy...usually you would be stuck in a continuous boot loop. Also did you reboot the phone several times after flashing the new rom? If not try that it may clear up the sluggishness. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones