• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

I'm not having any camera issues, fc issues everything is % 100 I did reformat though and before the reformat was getting issues so it may be an argument with the previous build and the current where I would recommend a fresh install completely clean. Which I prefer anyway to make sure there are no fragments left that can cause these arguments. I am over clocked at 480-748.

Upvote 0
What if I flashed the IHO recovery and it just.. won't do anything? Like I boot into recovery, it says it's the IHO recovery, but I press my home key (I actually tried ALL of the keys) on one/any of the options, the menu disappears and it just shows me the background image with the hat.. and doesn't do anything..

LG Optimus V, rooted months ago, today wiped everything, flashed IHO Harmonia rom, then used terminal emulator to flash the IHO recovery.. did I do something wrong? I don't really know what I'm doing I just follow directions, so it's very possible that i effed up..

"1. Place the IHO recovery .img file in your SD card’s root folder.
2. Run a terminal emulator. If you don’t have one, download Terminal Emulator from the Market.
3. Enter the following commands:

• su
  • cd sdcard
  • flash_image recovery iho-vm670-recovery-4.0.1.4.3.img"
That's what I did to flash recovery.. it looked like it ran fine.. sorry for the trouble, but if anyone could help that'd be awesome! Cause as of now I can't do anything in recovery and it's kinda scary cause I don't know how to wipe my phone or flash roms or anything without it if something goes wrong.. Any help is appreciated, thank you!!
Never mind! I just kept pressing buttons and now I think it magically works.. Thanks! I'd still be interested to know what I was doing wrong or whatever, but I'm glad it works :)

Upvote 0
Never mind! I just kept pressing buttons and now I think it magically works.. Thanks! I'd still be interested to know what I was doing wrong or whatever, but I'm glad it works :)

To select a menu item use the bottom key on the right side of the phone if you push a key and the menu disappears push it again and it will come back. The back button makes it go back the volume rocker goes up and down.

Upvote 0
I'm not having any camera issues, fc issues everything is % 100 I did reformat though and before the reformat was getting issues so it may be an argument with the previous build and the current where I would recommend a fresh install completely clean. Which I prefer anyway to make sure there are no fragments left that can cause these arguments. I am over clocked at 480-748.

I have mine set at 240-748 and I'm having the issues with fc's. I'm at work right now so ill take your guys' advice and completely reformat (again) and reflash everything when I get home. Also, I made sure I rebooted twice before I did any real tinkering with my phone

Upvote 0
BACKside-IHO-VM670-08232011.zip is up, this time the boot sounds work! ;)
md5sum b62afb0b7f94486e024a30fc691ad310

To change the bootsound, copy a short (<30sec) mp3 file to /system/media and rename it android_audio.mp3
Delete that file to remove the bootsound, or edit the build.prop to set bootsound=0

I also am working at smoothing out the transition from 2nd boot logo (initlogo.rle) to bootanimation, this is a first pass, needs work.

Most changes to the repo were for other phones, so this build is more cosmetic than a feature update. ;)

Reactions: benslgdroid
Upvote 0
BACKside-IHO-VM670-08232011.zip is up, this time the boot sounds work! ;)
md5sum b62afb0b7f94486e024a30fc691ad310

To change the bootsound, copy a short (<30sec) mp3 file to /system/media and rename it android_audio.mp3
Delete that file to remove the bootsound, or edit the build.prop to set bootsound=0

I also am working at smoothing out the transition from 2nd boot logo (initlogo.rle) to bootanimation, this is a first pass, needs work.

Most changes to the repo were for other phones, so this build is more cosmetic than a feature update. ;)

I lost my google sync/apps when I installed this over a previous version. I had to re-flash and re-install the google apps .

Upvote 0
I have mine set at 240-748 and I'm having the issues with fc's. I'm at work right now so ill take your guys' advice and completely reformat (again) and reflash everything when I get home. Also, I made sure I rebooted twice before I did any real tinkering with my phone

I'm also running on blarfs recovery cw wasn't giving me proper backup.

Upvote 0
A fresh from scratch install cleared up all issues I had with flashing over build #08172011 with #08202011. I seem to be behind and need to Install 08232011. Build #08202011 seemed pretty stable when tested with "Stability Test" so I will flash #08232011 over #08202011 and wipe cache,and dalvik before and after install and see what results I get. Maybe format system before install? Don't really know if that's couter productive or not. I've got a solid backup of #08202011,so it will only cost me time if it doesn't work the first try.

Upvote 0
There were issues with the commits from CM7.1 in the 0823 build, camera and email issues mainly. So I reverted the affected apps to a previous build, all seems to work now. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Download BACKside-IHO-VM670-08242011.zip

Tested and these are all working on my phone with full wipe/format:
(but you should be fine with wiping cache/dalvik)

-Email (was FCing on the 0823 build)
-GPS (was non-existant on a couple of previous builds)
-Camera (camera didn't work on 0823 build)
-Camcorder (camcorder didn't record audio on some previous builds)
-Market (one previous build had issues installing or being recognized properly)
-Bootsounds (most previous builds had borked bootsound files)

The only true issues I'm aware of currently are headphone button not working, and some volume level issues. Please let us know if you have other issues.

Reactions: Prometheus_
Upvote 0
You could try pulling just the email.apk from a previous build and install it. That has worked for a few people before I could get this fixed build up.

You can flash the fixed build without having to format, and therefor not having to restore/reinstall your apps. Just wipe cache, and under advanced wipe dalvik cache, then flash the ROM. ;)

Upvote 0
There were issues with the commits from CM7.1 in the 0823 build, camera and email issues mainly. So I reverted the affected apps to a previous build, all seems to work now. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Download BACKside-IHO-VM670-08242011.zip

Tested and these are all working on my phone with full wipe/format:
(but you should be fine with wiping cache/dalvik)

-Email (was FCing on the 0823 build)
-GPS (was non-existant on a couple of previous builds)
-Camera (camera didn't work on 0823 build)
-Camcorder (camcorder didn't record audio on some previous builds)
-Market (one previous build had issues installing or being recognized properly)
-Bootsounds (most previous builds had borked bootsound files)

The only true issues I'm aware of currently are headphone button not working, and some volume level issues. Please let us know if you have other issues.

Again, I had to re-install the google apps!

Upvote 0
You could try pulling just the email.apk from a previous build and install it. That has worked for a few people before I could get this fixed build up.

You can flash the fixed build without having to format, and therefor not having to restore/reinstall your apps. Just wipe cache, and under advanced wipe dalvik cache, then flash the ROM. ;)

I ended up reflashing with a fresh wipe. Its easier to wipe then to deal with frustrations from link2sd and any other incapatabilitys. Everything working good though. Got my hikers boot animation and sound ("*ding* so long, and thanks for all the fish")

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones