• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest question here ... why is everybody obsessed with knowing the reason for the delay? Why does it matter?

All of this theorizing about Google Wallet makes zero sense, it contradicts known facts, and as far as I can tell it's just something that was made up by the online community and repeated enough times that everybody believes it.

I'm sure the real reason for the delay is something pretty boring. A last-minute software glitch, perhaps. Or maybe just marketing people moving release dates around to make the best use of resources and ad budgets. No evil conspiracy, no staggering incompetence, no scandal, just business as usual -- but with a mob of obsessed geeks watching it all through a magnifying glass.

But whatever the reason, what difference does it make? The phone will be out when Verizon is ready to release it. Knowing how they arrived at that date won't make it any sooner.

I like theories. I have a captive audience. :D

Upvote 0
I've called 7 Best Buys in my area (50 mile radius) and EVERY SINGLE ONE said "Yeah we have those in stock, want me to hold one?" Of course I said, "Yes I'll be right over." They would go to verify the phone was actually in stock and then come back saying, "Sir? We do have those, but Verizon hasn't announced a street date yet, so we aren't allowed to sell them yet."

The stores definitely have stock. Just waiting on Big Red.

Upvote 0
3 days, but so far so good. Typical acclimation junk. Landscape "up" and "down" are backward from what I'm used to due to volume being on left instead of right. Max volume is definitely too quiet. Radio isn't (as of 4.0.1) as good as I'd like in weak environments. My TV doesn't recognize it yet...still need to look into that... etc.

In a nutshell, another failure.

iPhone it is.

Upvote 0
My source told me to be ready to come in on the morning of the 15th.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

My source told me last Thursday to be ready to come pick it up on Friday. Then on Friday morning my source told me not to come in because he couldn't sell it. Heard it all before, but won't believe it again till I have it in my hands and am out of the store.

Upvote 0
Can you name a Broncos reciever? They traded their best 3 wrs when Tebow got the starting spot. Since then his recievers have dropped atleast 3 sure TDs in the endzone.

His RB has been washed up for the past 4 seasons and half of this one, yet he looks like a star all the sudden.

Give Tebow Gronkowski, Hernandez, Branch, Ocho, and Weller and he would look much better.
Been trying to refrain from OT football, but since the mods aren't complaining here goes.

Tebow is an awful QB but he's a winner and he's exciting. He will get better as we witnessed yesterday late in the 4th Q. As for his receivers, they dropped at least 4 other (besides end zone), very catchable balls that would have extended a drive or given them big gains. They need to work on that for next week's shootout. Tebow needs to read the receivers a little better too but that will come.

The Broncos were a lackluster team with Orton, everyone (fans/players) wanted to see Tebow given a shot and now they have it and now they are winning. It was an amazing comeback last night, the stadium was electric. Bears fans were hanging their heads.

Upvote 0
So I know I can put my account on my daughter's phone and not have it sync email or contacts but is there a good program to keep her out of it so she doesn't go sync them?

Hmm...not sure what you're getting at here BB. Why would you put your account on the phone if you don't want them synced? Are you trying to keep her out of gmail/contacts to prevent the syncing? Or just out of the settings/account menu so she can't tell the phone to sync your account? As far as I know, there's know way to grant selective access to accounts.

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
So you acknowledge that the Verizon Nexus will be released as it is a matter of "when" but then at the same time you're assuming it's never coming out? :thinking: How could you anticipate going nuts over something that you are assuming will never happen? If it's never going to happen then anticipation is meaningless!

Yea yeah I know what you mean, I'm just yanking your chain. ;)

I'm of the same mindset. I like to set myself up for disappointment. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised :D

Upvote 0
Been trying to refrain from OT football, but since the mods aren't complaining here goes.

Tebow is an awful QB but he's a winner and he's exciting. He will get better as we witnessed yesterday late in the 4th Q. As for his receivers, they dropped at least 4 other (besides end zone), very catchable balls that would have extended a drive or given them big gains. They need to work on that for next week's shootout. Tebow needs to read the receivers a little better too but that will come.

The Broncos were a lackluster team with Orton, everyone (fans/players) wanted to see Tebow given a shot and now they have it and now they are winning. It was an amazing comeback last night, the stadium was electric. Bears fans were hanging their heads.

OT Bears:

Bears should be hanging Marion Barber.

And Mike Martz should have death by firing squad.

Upvote 0
Hmm...not sure what you're getting at here BB. Why would you put your account on the phone if you don't want them synced? Are you trying to keep her out of gmail/contacts to prevent the syncing? Or just out of the settings/account menu so she can't tell the phone to sync your account? As far as I know, there's know way to grant selective access to accounts.

Basically I just want the account on the phone so the games and apps I've purchased from the market can be put on her phone.

Reactions: altimax98
Upvote 0
So I know I can put my account on my daughter's phone and not have it sync email or contacts but is there a good program to keep her out of it so she doesn't go sync them?

You can Deselect it to sync but no way to lock her out. I know I have the same thing on my wife's phone so she can access my paid apps and Google music account. She doesnt get my contacts or email, but its only a accidental click away

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
So who is going to stay calm if Thursday doesn't happen? I can't deal with this flip phone anymore, I have to rent a Rezound. If I had a Incredible or X I could wait.

After the punch in the gut last week, my excitement has dropped considerably. I've been hyped up for 2 months while this phone has started to release everywhere around the world over the last couple weeks. I really thought 12/9 was the date. Even my DINC2 thought last week was the end since it all of a sudden started to have problems. If this week doesn't happen then I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled it altogether.

Reactions: MysterX
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones