• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still in the "12/15 camp", but this doesn't seem like something we would want to be happening right now. :thinking:
On the contrary, I think we definitely DO want it. When we all buy our Nexuses tomorrow, the OTA update will be ready when we activate the phones. This is in stark contrast to the few who have managed to get one already but have been stuck with the original 4.0.1 build. Tomorrow the phone will be ready to update right out of the box. :cool:

Reactions: red66charger
Upvote 0
I can only assume that Verizon doesn't really care how well the GN sells and may actually prefer that it not sell well at the expense of the Razr and thus the lack of promo/information from Verizon. I wonder if their sales staff will still be pushing Razrs on unsuspecting customers after the GN launches. Anyone know if the Razr commercials are Verizon or Motorola sponsored?

Which device the sales people push will depend on the device Verizon gives them more commission for. They gave sales people higher commission for an Iphone when that came in Spring 2010 as opposed to the Thunderbolt that launched relatively close to that. If they get more money for a Razr they will push that, just depends. Otherwise, the sales people just want you to walk out with a phone.

Upvote 0
I hate to be the one to post this, but I just got a text from my rep telling me it just got delayed again. I'm flabbergasted!! We had set up an appointment yesterday and at 11:00 am today she texted me today that it was still a go. Hopefully she is wrong, but I doubt it. :(

PS - off to humbabe practice....so I'm not ignoring anyone if I don't reply to questions. Prove my rep wrong guys!!!!! PLEASE PROVE HER WRONG!!!!!!!

Not worried about your misinformed rep, the REAL question is what is HUMBABE Practice?

1. humbabe 13 up, 9 down
An extremely attractive male that is built; often an athlete, likely a baseball player. Combination of "babe" meaning hot, and the baseball cheer "hum-babe" meaning "Come on (batter)." Humbabe originated from "Come on Babe (Ruth)"
Source

Reactions: soy.lor.n and bnace
Upvote 0
Afternoon, Nexicans! (Good morning for me haha)

So, a little concerning information to pass along:

I called three local VZW stores and asked if they knew about a release tomorrow or if they had a demo I could look at. Here are the responses I got:

Store 1:
We have heard rumors of a tomorrow release date but do not know for certain. We do not have a demo. We will have stock tomorrow, just not certain of how much.

Store 2:
We have heard rumors that tomorrow is the release date but not certain that will hold true. We do not have any in stock and do not know when we'll be getting them.

Store 3:
We haven't heard anything about a release date. We do not have a demo and do not have any in stock right now.

Now, having said all that, I am going to take all responses with a grain of salt. I spoke to sales rep at store 3 last night and he told me to my face that they do have stock, but cannot bring them out until release date. Or perhaps I should take his response with NaCl. GAH I'M SO CONFUSED! SGN, please to be coming out tomorrow!

(all locations were in SE Michigan, Detroit Metro area, FWIW)

where in SE Michigan?

Upvote 0
Does Anyone Know if Best Buy will have it Available tomorrow as Well? Here in Florida I tried 3 and all of them did not know of a Release Date???:thinking:

My friend that works at Best Buy here in Cincinnati (the one that almost sold me the Gnex LAST Friday) texted me and told me it was a GO for tomorrow. She texted me yesterday with that information.

Reactions: markgiur
Upvote 0
Not sure if the fellow Columbus-ites have posted on this, but the Easton AND Polaris stores both confirmed they have a "crap load" (not kidding, the guy at Polaris said this) of them in stock; however only POLARIS said they are launching tomorrow. And I get it, I've seen the 10897243897 posts about why we get different answers, just giving my people a heads up.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones