• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Metro PCS Zmax Pro Software Update Z981v1.0.0B12?

Where did u place the file? I tried updating but said it can't update from sdcard and API 3 something
Okay, I think I might've got it. I'll keep this post updated. Fingers crossed
Update: I got the Status 8 Error

Here is the one I used. Put it in the root of the sd card.

Attachments

• update.zip
    368.3 MB · Views: 1,486
Upvote 0
I wonder if I can sell my Zmax with B12 on eBay for like a thousand dollars now lol.... B08 was loaded with bugs, so why pull B12 update for just bugs? That's stupid. Just release another update. Maybe they found a flaw that allows a root exploit, that would be nice yes?

They need to get their $hit together. This phone and ZTE are turning out to be a complete f--kshow. Bad, but not as bad as Samsung's last Note device LMao
Most likely reason is that they discovered the potential for more bugs that were undiscovered before it was sent to the world. Were there some bug working towards root I doubt they would have bothered pulling it. Let it out of the bag already you know. For them to actually pull an update that was fixing things for many people shows, to me, that they had major issues with the update that didn't show up until it hit the wild.

Upvote 0
From what I understand if you get a BYOD you lose your plan.
That was never my understanding. I mean they let you get new user pricing every 3 months I'm not sure why they would suddenly care where your phone came from. I could be wrong but don't recall that in the fine print. There's all that about data use and throttling and prioritizing... Isn't t mobile/metro the byod carrier? Really pushing it to get people from other carriers.... Would be interesting if true

Upvote 0
That was never my understanding. I mean they let you get new user pricing every 3 months I'm not sure why they would suddenly care where your phone came from. I could be wrong but don't recall that in the fine print. There's all that about data use and throttling and prioritizing... Isn't t mobile/metro the byod carrier? Really pushing it to get people from other carriers.... Would be interesting if true
You can get byod anytime you wish- no one stopping you.
But as soon as you activate new phone that plan disappears and you will never get it back.

Upvote 0
Ok, so that worked. And I'm happy to say that my screen time out has been fixed. So now the question that I have is that can we push some kind of root by modifying the update file?
So how did you get it to work, I have the file named update.zip and I'm trying to flash it through adb sideload because I don't have an SD card but it keeps failing.

Upvote 0
Before the update, if you downloaded an image by long pressing on it and choosing save file.... the file would not show up in the gallery. I had to download a "refresh app" and manually run it to have the images show up in gallery. Now... after the update/patch, it appears that the gallery refreshes automatically and images show up as they are supposed to.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Oh OK thanks man, and ik I'm asking a lot of questions, I'm kinda new at this, but how exactly do I manually update the phone
Download the file and put it in your SD card. Now go to settings/developer options and make sure that debugging and OEM unlock are enabled. Now turn the phone off. Go into recovery by holding volume down and then power. Let the buttons go when the ZTE logo starts. You should be in recovery. Now go to update from SD card option and hit the power button. Scroll down to find the update file, then hit the power button. Confirm update and there you go.
Incase you don't have developer options enabled, go to settings/about phone. Scroll down to kernel and hit it 7 times. Developer is now enabled.

Reactions: TrilbyBoy
Upvote 0
Download the file and put it in your SD card. Now go to settings/developer options and make sure that debugging and OEM unlock are enabled. Now turn the phone off. Go into recovery by holding volume down and then power. Let the buttons go when the ZTE logo starts. You should be in recovery. Now go to update from SD card option and hit the power button. Scroll down to find the update file, then hit the power button. Confirm update and there you go.
Incase you don't have developer options enabled, go to settings/about phone. Scroll down to kernel and hit it 7 times. Developer is now enabled.
USB debugging??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones