• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Baseball 2023

This shooting at the White Sox game could have easily came from outside the stadium. The stadium is in bad area.

I did a job once right next to the stadium. When I pulled a large hammer drill out of the truck two kids hit the ground. They must have thought it was a weapon

New details emerge after 2 injured in shooting at White Sox game
yeah but, you do not hear much of anything in terms of violence at or near the stadium. this is the first time that i heard of anything there. i hope they catch the guy who did this.

A retired sheriff officer once told of working a report of a meteorite passing through a trailer house. He found it was a bullet that no doubt was fired into the sky and it fell through the roof and floor of this lady's trailer home. What goes up, must come down.
I hope that is the case of the shooting and no intended malice was intended... just blatant firearm ignorance.

The Royals just gave up a 7 run, three homer including a grand slam, third inning. I'll be watching the Boston game the rest of the afternoon.

Records are record Bear... root for your team. :) I root for the Royals to finish last in all of MLB. They are my team and I want something memorable about this lack luster miserable year of baseball for them. They deserve to be last.

I see the Padres might pull out a W today!

There is a thin line between a winning team and a losing team. Once you fall into the loosing category it's acceptable to lose. Teams that play against you expect to win. The pressure is all on the underdog and none on the team expected to win. Players don't lay down but they don't have that "We can't lose this" attitude. They lose that TEAM unity, Players become individuals and try to bolster their stats so that they can continue to be employed. Baseball is a team event. Team is EVERYTHING and it's sad when if falls apart. I don't expect big things from the Royals next year and they don't either. I hope the Padres aren't in that camp.

There is a thin line between a winning team and a losing team. Once you fall into the loosing category it's acceptable to lose. Teams that play against you expect to win. The pressure is all on the underdog and none on the team expected to win. Players don't lay down but they don't have that "We can't lose this" attitude. They lose that TEAM unity, Players become individuals and try to bolster their stats so that they can continue to be employed. Baseball is a team event. Team is EVERYTHING and it's sad when if falls apart. I don't expect big things from the Royals next year and they don't either. I hope the Padres aren't in that camp.
it also has to do with culture. the Dodgers were not sup[posed to be anywhere near where they are now. they did not pickup any major free agents before the season or at the trading deadline. they picked up some savy vets, players who played with the Dodgers before, and have relied on a few rookies. not to mention they lost a few of the stars and fan favorites to free agency before the season.

so what how are the Dodgers pull it off? i think its all about the culture in the locker room and some great team chemistry.

My Padres are so worried about their Solo Accomplishments that they aren't playing as a team.
My Royals are the same. They have made so many roster changes that there is not a chance in hell they are still a team. It's degrading to a team roster when they trade off the tried and proven teammates and hang onto the no longer productive poster child players. It creates friction and breaks a team's chemistry. And when losing becomes the norm, everyone wants to be traded to a competitive team. It definitely becomes a it's about me and my future deal.

1693529655990-jpeg.544762

Back
Top Bottom