• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Baseball 2023

I don't mind the pitch clock. I can live without the shift though I liked it. I'd really like them to eliminate a free runner in extra innings. It's fair enough but it's like a kids league rule. Extra innings are the most exciting of baseball. Shortening that is cheating me out of some good competition. The more drama you eliminate from the game the less appeal it has.

Upvote 0
.....I'd really like them to eliminate a free runner in extra innings. It's fair enough but it's like a kids league rule. Extra innings are the most exciting of baseball. Shortening that is cheating me out of some good competition. The more drama you eliminate from the game the less appeal it has.....

I couldn't of said it any better

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
It's all part of speeding up the game, btw i dont like a guy starting on 2nd in OT either.
I get the speeding up of the game by eliminating some of the BS antics between pitcher and batter but who besides programmers what to speed up extra innings? That's do or die baseball. That's the heart of the game. Why not just flip a coin and see who wins if they are in that big of a hurry to cheat me out the best part of a game.

The games rarely see network TV. Most everyone is paying to watch the games. The fans with their butts in the stands aren't wanting an abbreviated game either. Give the fans a real game and their monies worth. Play ball

What's next? Seven inning games with a five run lead after three run rule?

Upvote 0
I'm glad I missed most of it but what I saw was certainly ugly. I hate blowout games no matter who's winning, they're just terrible to watch.
I'm a Royals fan and it wasn't fun to watch. Game over after two just leaves a boring game to grit your teeth through. I'd rather lose a close game than win a blowout at this point in the season. A win is a win but it's not like it matters. I'd far rather be entertained.

Upvote 0
Ouch! Atlanta just hit a three run homer in the top of the tenth.
sigh......well looks like ATL will be the top seed in the NLS. it was shaking up to be a match of the best teams. but alas our pitching just is not good enough right now. i think though the dodgers are experimenting with our young pitchers and trying to save arms from the rotational pitchers.

we need Urias and Kershaw to be fresh for the playoffs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones