• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Baseball 2024

The Royals won game two of four against the Guardians tonight 10-3. At the least they will split the series which pleases me. Naturally I would like to win them all but being realistic, we are better than we've been in a while but we aren't good.

This man on 2nd base in extra inning gives the home team an unfair advantage. Home team starts the bottom of the 10th with a man on 2nd base. Two sacrifice flies and the home team wins.

It's a really stupid rule

The visiting team can score in the same fashion. I'm not a fan of shortening the game either but both teams start extra innings with a man in scoring position. The home team always has a bit of an advantage by knowing what they need to do to win. Doing what it takes to win is the quest.

My dislike of the extra inning rule is that there is always added drama in the extended game. That's the fun part of baseball as a fan is hanging your hopes and fears on every pitch. Changing the rules so that there is potentially less extra innings played just removed the chances of more intense entertainment. I've been cheated out of some of the drama that I have had to PAY to watch.

The Royals lost game three yesterday but won game four this afternoon 6-2. Winning that series at home was good for the team. Losing the series at home would have been a slap in the face. We are a game behind the Twins and now seven games behind the Guardians in the ALC.

Padres are still winning. I think they've got this one. KC has improved to the point I seriously root for them. Last year I just made fun of them. They aren't good enough that I expect them to win but they are good enough that there is a chance. Can't ask for more than that from my main team.

The Royals start a two game series at the Cardinals. Being as they can only win game three of a series, their not being swept record for the year is going down the drain.

I read the news thread that Apple had released there Friday night baseball schedule for August. These are the games we are going to miss.
Friday, August 2
Kansas City Royals at Detroit Tigers
6:30 p.m. ET
Milwaukee Brewers at Washington Nationals
Friday, August 9
Cleveland Guardians at Minnesota Twins
8 p.m. ET
Cincinnati Reds at Milwaukee Brewers
8 p.m. ET
Friday, August 16
Toronto Blue Jays at Chicago Cubs
2 p.m. ET
Seattle Mariners at Pittsburgh Pirates
Friday, August 23
St. Louis Cardinals at Minnesota Twins
8 p.m. ET
Cincinnati Reds at Pittsburgh Pirates
Friday, August 30
Seattle Mariners at Los Angeles Angels
9:30 p.m. ET
San Diego Padres at Tampa Bay Rays

I'm betting that the Royals game against the Tigers was bought at a bargain :)

Back
Top Bottom