• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] CTMod 3.80 (04/11/13)

I went against your judgement and installed from Ti. No problems here! This rom noobed and warp creamed with a few of my own touches rocks! I have zero issues that I was experiencing with other roms except for with one program which wasn't working with ANY rom I tried (and so I bought an alternative app). This one's my new daily.

BUTTER!

I just wish I could get into ##data#.

I cant remember when or who, but someone had that working on this rom a while back. :)

Research the threads I guess, maybe you will find the post.:D I'm to tired to read through it all again;)

Hmmm, is anyone else having problems opening up the ##3282# menu? Im unable to.

He removed the hidden menu

Anyway I could get it back? I tried adding the removed apps zip no luck.

You need to flash another rom that support hidden menu , make the changes that you want then flash back CTMod ;)

For dialer menu you have to switch to another ROM and then revert back to CT mod. It will not change the settings when you go from ROM to ROM. He has taken it out of his ROM due to bloat and MOST people don't use it. Heck.. I've only used it twice. Lol

I went against your judgement and installed from Ti. No problems here! This rom noobed and warp creamed with a few of my own touches rocks! I have zero issues that I was experiencing with other roms except for with one program which wasn't working with ANY rom I tried (and so I bought an alternative app). This one's my new daily.

BUTTER!

I just wish I could get into ##data#.

All this is from page three, hope it helps!!:)

I figured out a way to access the hidden menu, but I think the maker of the ROM got rid of whatever was needed to edit it as it gives an error when you try, but shows the settings. I haven't prodded deep enough yet, but so far if you are running ADW or launcher pro, you can create a custom shortcut>activities>hidden menus.

I figured out a way to access the hidden menu, but I think the maker of the ROM got rid of whatever was needed to edit it as it gives an error when you try, but shows the settings. I haven't prodded deep enough yet, but so far if you are running ADW or launcher pro, you can create a custom shortcut>activities>hidden menus.

Sounds Awesome!!:D

For dialer menu you have to switch to another ROM and then revert back to CT mod. It will not change the settings when you go from ROM to ROM. He has taken it out of his ROM due to bloat and MOST people don't use it. Heck.. I've only used it twice. Lol

This doesn't work. I have to reset my data setting to my liking from rom to rom every time. I checked in CTmod by using a custom data shrtcut in ADW.

I had a weird problem with the rom. It was running fine until I flashed noob rom and then flashed CTmod again (clean install not a nandroid). My camera and file explorer both force closed on me so I'm stuck on noob and I'm dying to go back to CTmod because of my theming (for some odd reason the .9.pngs from CTmod's framework-res and systemui mess up horribly when flashed into noob rom). I did notice that the email.apk wasn't there and I know there were issues with the camera and email apks before. Any pointers on this??? :(

I flashed multiple times with and without gapps though. I'm thinking maybe I'm forgetting to flash some important file that I flashed before?

I'm flashing the latest version, then gapps package and I2f's warped sandwich theme. After that I'll sometimes flash my own version of warped sandwich or warped jelly bean I guess you could call it. That was the order I flashed in the first time (except for my jelly bean-like theme which I flashed a few months later though it didn't do anything wrong during flashing besides I only switched out png's so I don't see anything that would cause problems flashing the same rom the same way later on).

Try clearing everything out and flashing a rooted stock ROM. Try that for a day and see if you have any problems. Then move back to what you were doing that worked before.

If your themes that you installed didn't mess it up it very well may be an app you are installing and running.

Well I know its not an app because I don't start loading apps from the play store on new roms until after a day of making sure everything is stable. I'll try a rooted stock rom and then try CTmod again, after I make a nandroid of my current rom. Gracias! :D

Well I know its not an app because I don't start loading apps from the play store on new roms until after a day of making sure everything is stable. I'll try a rooted stock rom and then try CTmod again, after I make a nandroid of my current rom. Gracias! :D

This (something similar) happened to me- try flashing CT then CT noob, then i2f's theme. That's what fixed my issues. Don't know why. Use a new DL of everything. Wipe the sh*t out of your phone (sometimes one wipe isn't enough for some reason).

When wiping cache dalvik and factory only one wipe is necessary unless you change something during the process (adding/flashing). :thumbup:

This (something similar) happened to me- try flashing CT then CT noob, then i2f's theme. That's what fixed my issues. Don't know why. Use a new DL of everything. Wipe the sh*t out of your phone (sometimes one wipe isn't enough for some reason).

That's the order I did it in but I got camera force closes then file explorer and then most of my other apps...?

When wiping cache dalvik and factory only one wipe is necessary unless you change something during the process (adding/flashing). :thumbup:

Not true Holmes. I have wiped both and installed new roms, and all my apps are still intact often and other stuff that came with the rom broken due to stuff being cached for system apps with the same name, but not the same builds etc despite doing clean wipes. Then the same process repeated with no difference, yet different results (clean installs) are obtained.

Saying this will work every time once is about as fallacious as thinking that making a nandroid backup once gets it right every time. I backed on up the other day and then flashed it after fooling around, but it didn't properly back up my data and so my phone was all sorts of scrambled and had to resort to an older nandroid and start over.

This stuff isn't exactly flawless. Not trying to be contrarian, jus' sayin'.

Not true Holmes. I have wiped both and installed new roms, and all my apps are still intact often and other stuff that came with the rom broken due to stuff being cached for system apps with the same name, but not the same builds etc despite doing clean wipes. Then the same process repeated with no difference, yet different results (clean installs) are obtained.

Saying this will work every time once is about as fallacious as thinking that making a nandroid backup once gets it right every time. I backed on up the other day and then flashed it after fooling around, but it didn't properly back up my data and so my phone was all sorts of scrambled and had to resort to an older nandroid and start over.

This stuff isn't exactly flawless. Not trying to be contrarian, jus' sayin'.

Well actually he is right, you either didnt do a complete wipe on your phone, clear cache, davik cache, fix permissions and format your sd card which in turn is what I do for every rom I install and I NEVER have had any issues doing it that way and I have installed every rom that has been put on this Warp fourm, just saying lol...:rolleyes:

I'm kinda skeptical on the formatting SD card thing and fix permissions but everything else is a must for new roms. The superwipe tool does wonders though, as it helped when I flashed CTmod again last night... with no force closes after 3 reboots. Still, doing everything that Doc has mentioned cant hurt. But also, clearing everything out a few times before flashing cant hurt either.

I'm kinda skeptical on the formatting SD card thing and fix permissions but everything else is a must for new roms. The superwipe tool does wonders though, as it helped when I flashed CTmod again last night... with no force closes after 3 reboots. Still, doing everything that Doc has mentioned cant hurt. But also, clearing everything out a few times before flashing cant hurt either.

Yep!!!!! :):p:D;):rolleyes::D

Back
Top Bottom