• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 10 Pre-alpha (985hPaKicK kang)

Looks like you're going to have to do a factory reset :( If I remember right, you turn off your phone, press and hold power and volume up until you see the LG logo then let go of power but keep holding volume up until you see an Android with a ball thing coming out of its chest. After that your phone will reboot. You will lose what ever you put on the internal SD, downloaded apps, ect... :(
GODDDD!!!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! IT WORKED!!! so i am back to stock..when data and stuff fully work without problem for the cm10 then i will flash it , but for now ill be PATIENT(which is nearly impossible for me) and wait till the fully working cm10 works. Ive waited 1.5 weeks without texting my friends and ive been impatient..so ill just wait till a fully working rom is done cause the people working on it are really hard workers. Thank you btw for all the help you have givin me 2Giga. Ill return to the forum in like a week (maybe two) to see is the rom is complete. If it getss complete can you email me at my email to notify me. Thank you very much. :) :) :) :) :D :D

GODDDD!!!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! IT WORKED!!! so i am back to stock..when data and stuff fully work without problem for the cm10 then i will flash it , but for now ill be PATIENT(which is nearly impossible for me) and wait till the fully working cm10 works. Ive waited 1.5 weeks without texting my friends and ive been impatient..so ill just wait till a fully working rom is done cause the people working on it are really hard workers. Thank you btw for all the help you have givin me 2Giga. Ill return to the forum in like a week (maybe two) to see is the rom is complete. Thank you very much. :) :) :) :) :D :D

No problem ;) You may want to remove your e-mail now, don't want you to get spam ;)

I didn't ask for an eta but the forum was told about a test rom being available for some testing and feed back but yet said rom wasn't delivered......my point is if its not ready you shouldn't post that it is that is all

That really isn't the topic here, and you've expressed this already several times. This thread is clearly not to your liking, maybe best to check back when it is.

Let's say that discussion of dev criticisms in a pre-alpha thread are closed, and that's that.

I've read through the forums and grasped
the concepts of this and I've seen mixed reviews. What exactly do I miss and gain? Hot spot, 4G ect

I have no idea what AOKP means...but it doesn't matter I'll just wait for the texting and 4g and all the other problems to work before downloading

I have no idea what AOKP means...but it doesn't matter I'll just wait for the texting and 4g and all the other problems to work before downloading

AOKP is a ROM/mod built similar to cm, but from what I recall, much more of the UI is customizable. I've always wanted to mess with one myself. I'm pretty excited. =)

Just so you know, aokp starts out on African language.
To enable 3g (where in service) dial this in dialer *#*#4636#*#* and change service mode to CDMA (pro) auto
Some of the aokp mods require you to restart the phone.
You have to use the modem backup just in case you switch ROMs.

The answer to your question is no. The only changes made is 3g working. You still cannot text. You still cannot surf the web with blazing 4g speeds.

Back
Top Bottom