• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 10 Pre-alpha (985hPaKicK kang)

It actually does change it both on the status bar and in settings, which is pretty sweet. it shows it when you go into the hidden menu to change LTE/CDMA as well.

Changing it let me sign into Joyn with only 3G on CM10, but... apparently the #$%^& thing uses carrier SMS to send texts, not Wifi... :mad:

It actually does change it both on the status bar and in settings, which is pretty sweet. it shows it when you go into the hidden menu to change LTE/CDMA as well.

Changing it let me sign into Joyn with only 3G on CM10, but... apparently the #$%^& thing uses carrier SMS to send texts, not Wifi... :mad:

grrr...

okay i'll do some more digging to find an SMS app....once we figure this out i'll be flashing it over...but i use SMS far too much to go without

Yeah, me too. Im like a crack fiend with ROM's so it driving me crazy not being able to use it...

Ive done about 8 hours of googling so far...

Yeah, me too. Im like a crack fiend with ROM's so it driving me crazy not being able to use it...

Ive done about 8 hours of googling so far...

Well, according to my studies and research it is impossible to use SMS via wifi with the stock number, UNLESS, you port your number over to Google Voice which is a $20 fee and then you'll have to get a new # from Metro....

there are a bunch of different options to use with a different number, but if you port your number over to GV and then always use GV even when on network/non-wifi then you would always be using your original number...AND if you ever switch companies you can always just keep that # because it's your GV #...and also..if you forget to pay your bill on time you can still use GV whilst on WiFi...

Well, according to my studies and research it is impossible to use SMS via wifi with the stock number, UNLESS, you port your number over to Google Voice which is a $20 fee and then you'll have to get a new # from Metro....

there are a bunch of different options to use with a different number, but if you port your number over to GV and then always use GV even when on network/non-wifi then you would always be using your original number...AND if you ever switch companies you can always just keep that # because it's your GV #...and also..if you forget to pay your bill on time you can still use GV whilst on WiFi...

just make sure youlook everything over, google voice doesnt support mms, so any mms messages sent to your google voice number will be lost.

Haha if somehow 4g and texting and calling works. Also speed tweaks etc were added that would just make my life 10x better and it would be everything I ever wanted

just make sure youlook everything over, google voice doesnt support mms, so any mms messages sent to your google voice number will be lost.

send MMS to email...much easier :P

but yeah i know...my whole point is that until they get the ROM fixed to have SMS working it's not going to be working...

Yes they do :)

the 4g is not working maybe because the CM 10 is a can with LG u+ configuration for 4g which is different from Metro. also every UICC card on a metro phone only works for that phone you cannot switch it out and put another phone and it will not work.

when I get off work I'm going to flash cm 10 then call Metro to fix my 4g and maybe they can make it work

Someone posted a zip of the hidden menus on the bloat remover thread. (I think) I tried flashing the zip while on CM10 and it did nothing. Still couldn't access menus...

my theory is pure speculation. we need to research and find out what's the difference between LG u+ and Metro PCS 4g. for example if it's the same technology spectrum ban wave what. not

Back
Top Bottom