• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 10 Pre-alpha (985hPaKicK kang)

No, just 3g/1x.
It's been like this, the "data fix" to get the 3g is "evdo only" which is only 1x/3g
the default one is "CDMA/lte/evdo" which is what texting works on but not 4g (but it's suppose to)

so basically if you want to text you have to change it back to cdma/lte/evdo
if you want data you'll have to change it back to evdo only, unless you want to use wifi on the default setting.

I just don't think it's worth all the hassle though. I'll just stick to stock for now.

Thanks for the effort

Yea thanks im on stock cuz i use 4g alot and its much faster den 3g so stock is wat it is 4 now unless someone make a new rom witg workin 4g and sms without it being made from base

No, just 3g/1x.
It's been like this, the "data fix" to get the 3g is "evdo only" which is only 1x/3g
the default one is "CDMA/lte/evdo" which is what texting works on but not 4g (but it's suppose to)

so basically if you want to text you have to change it back to cdma/lte/evdo
if you want data you'll have to change it back to evdo only, unless you want to use wifi on the default setting.

I just don't think it's worth all the hassle though. I'll just stick to stock for now.

Thanks for the effort

I just tried flashing CM10 over version e. I can get data without turning off the 4g radio (I'm not in native Metro area so I'm stuck on 3g), but i can't send text messages. Does anyone know what SMS over IMS does? Can someone who is on version e flash this to see if 4g data will work?

I just tried flashing CM10 over version e. I can get data without turning off the 4g radio (I'm not in native Metro area so I'm stuck on 3g), but i can't send text messages. Does anyone know what SMS over IMS does? Can someone who is on version e flash this to see if 4g data will work?

I may root in the morning and check into this

Does anyone know or have tried to enter Metro's SMSC number?
I tried setting the apns and stuff. On the apn menu, but nothing shows up. You can hit create new. But after saving it nothing changes.

I also tried backing up apns with apn back and restore from the lg motion.
went back to cm 10. I converted apn back and restore to a system app and deleted the current apns with it and restored the ones I took from the motion.
Still nothing. After doing all of that I can still say that I had absolutely no idea what I was doing :turtle:

I'm thinking of using this with Talkatone. At least I'll get the texts, but I have to use my Google voice number. Might as well just say for people to text and call that number.

Adding new apn and vpn settings wont work.

Hidden menu fixes wont work.

This is still a work in progress and sadly everything that we want working, wont work until we have a proper device tree. Hroark has been working on this somewhat blind, so anything that fixes a function (data, calls, texting) are all just loopholes that had been found.

Sorry guys, but stick with stock if you want everything to work. Me, I havent been connected to metro in almost 4 months. So using this rom wont bother me, plus it means I can modify the audio without lg's programming shutting my mods down. :D

Reactions: k0r
I tried setting the apns and stuff. On the apn menu, but nothing shows up. You can hit create new. But after saving it nothing changes.

I also tried backing up apns with apn back and restore from the lg motion.
went back to cm 10. I converted apn back and restore to a system app and deleted the current apns with it and restored the ones I took from the motion.
Still nothing. After doing all of that I can still say that I had absolutely no idea what I was doing :turtle:

Sent from my mind using an LG ms770

Back
Top Bottom