• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 10 Pre-alpha (985hPaKicK kang)

Adding new apn and vpn settings wont work.

Hidden menu fixes wont work.

This is still a work in progress and sadly everything that we want working, wont work until we have a proper device tree. Hroark has been working on this somewhat blind, so anything that fixes a function (data, calls, texting) are all just loopholes that had been found.

The problem is the CM10 rom was modded a lot by 985hPaKicK to work on the LGU+ Mobile network in Asia, and the MMS portion of the framework and apps are modded a lot for Korean language.

If you try to use the stock RIL files, nothing works, no calling, no 3G

I am not sure where 985hPaKicK got his lib RIL files from, but they work with our version C base band, but not everything, like 4G and MMS

985hPaKicK has a device tree that can be modded, and hroark13 has already modded it, he just not has released it on his github yet, and may not. He does not have the time to put into this any more, he has started a full time job, and is also still trying to run his small IT business.

His device tree compiles and creates a mostly working CM10 for the Motion, but it is not exactly like 985hPaKicK CM10 rom. It has the same problems as the 985hPaKicK ROM, the option to get in to recovery by vol up is not in it, the reboot recovery from power menu boots into stock recovery and does a factory reset, the power setting for the screen wake up seem off, and you have to mod the install script after the compile is done. He does not want to release it, because all he will hear is complaints about how it does not work, and he is also not very happy with some of the people here. He does not feel that there is anyone who can take the tree and make it work good, who will also give him credit for what he has done, and show him his due respect.

Bobz has also made a tree, has anyone tried using it ? I think the one person who did, did not use it for the correct version of CyanogenMod (CM 10.0), and did not even mention Bob in his OP, so I would not be surprised if Bobz lost interest in this phone / community as well.

My best advice to the Motion community is that you treat the next dev that comes along with a little more consideration, I am not saying you have to kiss his / hers arse or anything, just have a little more respect, and always give proper credits.

OK I was looking thought setting and was wondering if anybody noticed that iccid was unknown and I tried to find out what it mean and I think its something to do with the sim card not being read or something. Idk jus a thought or somebody could look into that

I can't seem to find this rom anywhere, I want to give it a try but all the links seem busted so far. also can it be used for daily use yet?

hey...so i used that apn tweak...and now i have no 4G....anyone know how to reset your APN without contacting Metro...because they are douchebags and idiots..

hey...so i used that apn tweak...and now i have no 4G....anyone know how to reset your APN without contacting Metro...because they are douchebags and idiots..

uploadfromtaptalk1363646040301.jpg

That particular setting wasn't changed...but toggling all the data items in the Data menu did get me EV at least.. we'll see if I get 4G When I'm in range

Back
Top Bottom