• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 10 Pre-alpha (985hPaKicK kang)

So i went back to cm10 and switched to cdma auto (prl) and i tried sending a text it worked but when the person texted back i did not receive it but until i switched to lte/cdma i received the text

So I finally cracked and gave CM10 a whirl, despite the obvious limitations. Needless to say, I love CM and everything about it. Only thing is, I happen to be that one guy who texts more than calls. So while I loved it, I couldn't keep it because of that. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but I'm hoping that gets to working status without Voice at some point.

So I finally cracked and gave CM10 a whirl, despite the obvious limitations. Needless to say, I love CM and everything about it. Only thing is, I happen to be that one guy who texts more than calls. So while I loved it, I couldn't keep it because of that. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but I'm hoping that gets to working status without Voice at some point.

Dude I flashed it for all of an hour and was not dissatisfied I don't need 4g but text and mms along with loud calls are needed but it's awesome.

Sent from my batcave.

Dude I flashed it for all of an hour and was not dissatisfied I don't need 4g but text and mms along with loud calls are needed but it's awesome.

Sent from my batcave.

eh, I have quite the thing for 4G since I practically live in Facebook, YouTube, and reddit and they all give me something to do on my breaks. :P

All jokes aside, I wasn't dissatisfied either. I've used CM10 on my HP Touched and loved it there. I find it much better than having a base ROM on my Motion, too. I can wait as long as it takes for the holes to get patched, though. It's not like I'm in any rush to replace this phone.

Hey i mean they have 3g data working if thats any help?

Nah Metros 3G Speeds are deplorable in my region. If I can't watch a YouTube video without it sputtering then I'm not interested.

Here's a juicy little tid bit about the wonders that LG has bestowed upon us, streaming Google Music on the device in high quality leads to skips and just all sorts of garbling of your music. Yet tethering my Nexus 7 to the same device via the 4G hotspot streaming the same music results in perfect high quality playback. Seriously mindbogglingly LG has this device tweaked to run like the budget devices of yesteryear with today's higher end processors and software.

#Endrant

Nah Metros 3G Speeds are deplorable in my region. If I can't watch a YouTube video without it sputtering then I'm not interested.

Here's a juicy little tid bit about the wonders that LG has bestowed upon us, streaming Google Music on the device in high quality leads to skips and just all sorts of garbling of your music. Yet tethering my Nexus 7 to the same device via the 4G hotspot streaming the same music results in perfect high quality playback. Seriously mindbogglingly LG has this device tweaked to run like the budget devices of yesteryear with today's higher end processors and software.

#Endrant

Isn't that why we root? To fix that?

Simply rooting doesn't fix a damn thing and there aren't any Roms that have 4G except bunk stuff based off of stock same issues still apply.

If I'm wrong someone correct me.

Rooting is often the first step I think and yes so far all we have roms that are stockist, the LG motion has great hardware, it should be absolutely fabulous, but the cpu is under clocked, or its wasting resources left and right maybe you do not know why I rooted my device. But it was to have full control to fix what I don't like. So yeah yeah I root to fix that and I know rooting doesn't fix anything. We fix it we change it. Yes it is frustrating but I would love to see how high my phone can be over clocked safely. How fluid I can make it how much I can make it mine.

Sent from my Batcave

#Endrant

3g speeds can be changed actualy! Now i dont know if this will work for you guys..but since now i have a Back up lg motion i decided to go ahead and try this method --->http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/494248-how-boost-3g-in-stock-2-3-4-a.html

surprisingly it works!!!...only flaw is that after a while it goes back to normal :/

Rooting is often the first step I think and yes so far all we have roms that are stockist, the LG motion has great hardware, it should be absolutely fabulous, but the cpu is under clocked, or its wasting resources left and right maybe you do not know why I rooted my device. But it was to have full control to fix what I don't like. So yeah yeah I root to fix that and I know rooting doesn't fix anything. We fix it we change it. Yes it is frustrating but I would love to see how high my phone can be over clocked safely. How fluid I can make it how much I can make it mine.

Sent from my Batcave

All it would take for me to love this phone would be an AOSP Android 4.2.2 ROM with mostly everything working, but I'm pissing in the win d aren't I? Screen Res can't be fixed but I can live with that if this powerhouse had the software to bring out the beauty of the internal hardware. Battery life would be fine if their wasn't all sorts of funky stuff going on that LG will likely never fix.

I am inquiring with hroark about his build n the 2ndinit stuff required when building. Between hroark n requisite0 i might, might be able to pick up where hriark left off, but no promises. ;)

cool man maybe i can port your work to the spirit if you dont mind

yeah shabby why!!!! tell me something i dont know lol

someone very talented is working on cm, he was given hroarks device tree so he has a head start rather than trying to just figure things out.

anyone that is able to port cm to a crappy samsung bml/rfs device like the admire is more than capable of knocking out cm for these lg devices, and that goes for both of them..

Back
Top Bottom