• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 10 Pre-alpha (985hPaKicK kang)

i read somewhere that theres a microphone by the phone speaker that filters out the background noise and thats what causes the echo and that you can put a piece of tape over one side of the speaker and it eliminates the echo. has anybody heard of this or tried it?

Thats calls noise cancellation. ;)

read were the N4 and the likes had a similar issue, but it was within Cm and has been patched.

yea thats what i'm talkin about. but i read that before the patch they were fixing the issue with tape. lol but hey whatever works.

I'll test this out.

HK beta 4 cm
4G fix zip
MMS apk from Bobz 4-28

(I'm not copying the build prop though)
I'll post results.. X.x

this rom has version c modem and parts of version d. bobz is based off of version f. thats probably where the differences in 4g speed and audio volume lay.

It started off great, but I was toggling the notification buttons, and 4g turned off. (Either way it still shows the '1x')

Someone called and still said there was an echo...
Texts send. Haven't had any sent to me yet. Idk. Have not tried MMS yet either.

I'm going to try to change the apps in the zip and then flash again.

Everything was going okay.. until I lost 4G.

Went back to stock... and I still don't have 4G. Oh well. I'll have to wait till after work tonight to fix that.

i was just messing with the aokp alpha. it has some interesting options in settings. it might could be fixed with the 4gzip also

i got bored and went ahead and rebuilt the rom and included the 4g fix,pg's mms.apk and the recovery.tar from cm10.1. 6.0.7.2 i think. that way i can just flash one thing and be done.
also i noticed if you make a backup with the older version of recovery, you cant restore it with the newer version. but since i changed to the newer i should be able to restore my cm10.0 data to cm10.1 when i'm playing around with cm10.1 roms. fingers crossed.
edit: well it restored data and then during boot said the whole updating apps/starting apps etc.. finishing boot. but then they were not there after boot on hk's cm10.1 that i built last night. but it did restore my login info and stuff so it booted straight in without the welcome thing. once the whole sd issue is fixed and apps can be installed this should work.

i was just messing with the aokp alpha. it has some interesting options in settings. it might could be fixed with the 4gzip also

i tried this just now and it was as fast as my 4g on stock but i could not send msgs also i tried to get pg mms apk but my external sd would not show so i just went back to stock

i tried this just now and it was as fast as my 4g on stock but i could not send msgs also i tried to get pg mms apk but my external sd would not show so i just went back to stock

External SD folder is where the system, and data folders are. I guess on the root of the phone.

External SD folder is where the system, and data folders are. I guess on the root of the phone.

storage/sdcard1 i think
both these roms use version c modem. maybe we could use that on 4-28 rom and get the fast 4g there and working mms. just a thought.

i think the echo might be caused because the current drivers are using the noise cancellation mic just like the regular mic at the bottom and the sound from the speaker is being picked up by it and reverbing to the person on the other end. i just need to figure out which side of the speaker the noise cancellation mic is on and then i think the tape method (covering it with clear tape) will work.

i think the echo might be caused because the current drivers are using the noise cancellation mic just like the regular mic at the bottom and the sound from the speaker is being picked up by it and reverbing to the person on the other end. i just need to figure out which side of the speaker the noise cancellation mic is on and then i think the tape method (covering it with clear tape) will work.

I will try this btw im not new im admire samsung just made a new account because i forgot my password lol and im to lazy to recover it

Yeah, while I had it, I didn't get to check MMS, unfortunately.

I did fix my 4g in stock though.. had to use the hidden menu. Speaking of that, are the 'hidden menus' still in the cm ROMs?

It would make trouble shooting data easier, considering not 1x and 4G show as 1x.

Anyways, its progress.

Back
Top Bottom