• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Esteem Problem Thread-Post All Issues Here

I can make calls/texts.at random most the time I'm stuck on roaming towers. I can enter hidden menues normal. Its like my phone modem went bad.. I can take screen shots of anything that helps..

Got the phone to connect to the pc running the lgmobile support tool now

If the user is zve the user still can repair the device . This will knockout the root but in the top right corner its a dropbox and if you chose that update recovery . This will update and put the original zve software on the device . Remember UPDATE RECOVERY.this is your best friend .

If the user is zve the user still can repair the device . This will knockout the root but in the top right corner its a dropbox and if you chose that update recovery . This will update and put the original zve software on the device . Remember UPDATE RECOVERY.this is your best friend .

No go :( i had a stock zve device but still no service i get it back for a sec but 0 bars.. every so often i can dial *228 but quickly lose the callI'm installing dropbox back anf ill post some screen shots.

https://db.tt/ZStpQLtt this is the only way i get bars but won't stay on the rx diversity.

https://db.tt/iv3wAHyv network settings

https://db.tt/Yc29Bv06 about phone soon as i block my.imei number ill post the ping test

Since your not rooted and you have the lg support tool still present on the pc. Or laptop check to see if your up to date

Since your not rooted and you have the lg support tool still present on the pc. Or laptop check to see if your up to date

after running the lg tool it says everything is up to date. but i noticed my prl went down to 3035 when it was 3036... this is just for roaming right? The.funny thing is.it.started when i.played wirh cyangon10 but after i went back to #2 after playing with it i had 3g back for a gew.days even 4g for a bit. then all of sudden i lost everything. AND BACKUPS do no good lg tool seems to be.no.help. i have lgnpst but i don't see how that could.be.much.help if the lg tool didn't do it... I'm lost and this is my fav phone and daily driver... smh

Oh wow you didn't say everything that you did to cause this problem . If u read cm10 isn't ready for use nor ready for flashing . But if u was to read many had the same problem and u wanted to try it out . I hate to tell you this but u may need to downgrade and use the lg tool to update to zve again . Reason for this is your settings on the phone has been changed .
The custom rom changes the settings to run the cm10. Now you chose to jump back to gingerbread . Now gingerbread doesn't have the same settings . So this is why the lg tool and lgpnst isn't working cause u need special tools to help the phone back to the carrier settings .

******NOW TO FIX FOLLOW AND ANY PROBLEMS POST BACK ******.

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=3775233

Oh wow you didn't say everything that you did to cause this problem . If u read cm10 isn't ready for use nor ready for flashing . But if u was to read many had the same problem and u wanted to try it out . I hate to tell you this but u may need to downgrade and use the lg tool to update to zve again . Reason for this is your settings on the phone has been changed .
The custom rom changes the settings to run the cm10. Now you chose to jump back to gingerbread . Now gingerbread doesn't have the same settings . So this is why the lg tool and lgpnst isn't working cause u need special tools to help the phone back to the carrier settings .

******NOW TO FIX FOLLOW AND ANY PROBLEMS POST BACK ******.

[GUIDES] Downgrade ZVD/ZVC To ZVB/Emer. PB Recovery - Android Forums

Sorry for the delay. family issues came up. i have sunday off and i will fallow that to a t. iv been thinking it might makr a diff... i started off trying to do everything including root from the phone itself (no pc.. its in storage) I'm not a NooB but no stranger to softmods and such. i knew cm10 was not usable and read the radio fix before i.did it all. and like i.said i.got radio back after. i should say i.bought the phone used and it did.show water dmg. per indicators (no i.didn't look first... i bought the.phone to help a chick pay her bills) but besides a battery only lasting 4months. bought one on july 4th its bad already its worked great. ill let yall know sunday how.the.fb recovery.goes

hey guys I'm having a major problem with my esteem. I rooted it a while back and I deleted important info on the phone. Now its stuck on the LG logo screen. Everytime I hard reset it I get as far as the setting up for my phone and when I am almost finished setting it up I get a message saying the setup wizard is not there or couldnt not be found or there's an error with it. I can't plug it into my computer because everytime I do I get a message saying the device is not recognized no matter what I do. I've tried android commander and it doesn't see my device either. Please help me this is my second. Esteem:(

Hello and welcome to the forums.i see your android device is causing you problems.well one thing to try if this doesn't work your flat lined unless you have INSURANCE on the lg.esteem .

brainzz ive been all around tryn to help him,im out i dnt kno wat else he can do,i told him,he might wanna ask the bigger boyzz lol i hink its flatlined : (

Yeah i souping up the helping hand now i see someone from lg is aboard telling users to call the helpline. Wth.

Here it is try this to restore your lg esteem .
1. Download and extract the doc file it has the lgpnst and the DLL following the directions will put you back in working order the file download is
https://m.app.box.com/view_shared/42670c11cc31d546a6f6

2.Get the driver for the phone and install it http://www.lg.com/us/support/mc-supp...er_1.0_All.exe

Remove your battery and connect your phone via usb (the hard buttons on the bottom of the phone should blink slowly). **Make sure battery is at least 25% charged
Hold down power + vol up.
Phone will come on and read "downloading do not remove cord"or something to that nature. Put battery back in.
If you followed step 2 correctly, LGNPST will now show an unknown device and will be in emergency phone bookmode.
Under the emergency tab it will ask you for 1) a .dll file and 2) a phone book. Click on the folder icon next to .dll file and load the VS910.dll from wherever you have it saved. Click on the folder icon next to phone book. Navigate to the folder where you have saved the correct .tot file. in the "file name"box type *.* and hit enter. If you are in the correct folderyou shouldnowsee the .tot file, click on it then click "save".
Back on the LGNPST screen click on start. It should now say MASTERBIN and a percentage ticking up (if not you have done something wrong).

The device wont come on til you put the battery back in holding the correct buttons ..but you have to have the lgpnst up on the screen with no other programs running on the pc/laptop . That's also cutting off user control

Wait didn't know they killed the link . Dam lg discontinue everything even the links i have to search my disk for this . But if it works you didn't need the driver . Did it put you back to zvb .

okay guys ive been on this for a few hours and ive done everything im just stuck on one part of the lgnpst emergency recovery doc. instuctions. everything is set and my phone is on the dont disconnect screen. i have lgnpst open and it shows that a device connected. it shows as unknown but when on step 14 i type in exactly what im supposed to type in the SAVE AS CSV FILE window. wehn i click save i get this message: the file is not proper type. cany ideas? im sooo close i cant believe i got stuck on this part lol

Back
Top Bottom