• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Esteem Problem Thread-Post All Issues Here

I didn't think you could be in test mode cause u have to press something to get into the test mode . But u need to factory reset the device to get service restore

I didn't think you could be in test mode cause u have to press something to get into the test mode . But u need to factory reset the device to get service restore

ive rebooted my fone one time,well a few times this has happened to me by just rebooting,test mode pops up,i say oh god nt that again,but i just reboot and its bbk to normal,go figure.not sure why.good job brainzz helping shayvis out,i was sittin around n nobody was posting ,so i didnt know wat happened,but much props for the help!!!! :D

No problem he didn't even post back to say thanks or if it was working :eek::what:

Lg has stopped or discontinued everything

i think it being so late,he either ran into a prob,or got it going,i imagine he will be bck to ty,hell if he dont ill do it THANK YOU BRAINZZZ for the help,i even learned a thing or two that i didnt know so,you helped more than just him and me ,in the long run,bet your ass on that one lol !!!!

I don't know if anybody else has, but lately my lg has been coming on with WiFi and 3G and 4G. But I went into settings under wifi and check that wife I will never sleep, but it still keeps popping up either wifi and 3G together that one or wifi and 4G. Now I've tried everything and I don't know how to stop it. Has anybody else encountered this too?

I don't know if anybody else has, but lately my lg has been coming on with WiFi and 3G and 4G. But I went into settings under wifi and check that wife I will never sleep, but it still keeps popping up either wifi and 3G together that one or wifi and 4G. Now I've tried everything and I don't know how to stop it. Has anybody else encountered this too?

If your sending or receiving a text message with a pic/vid/sound attached.... isn't a phone company data connection required? Someone correct me if I am wrong

Maybe the is an incoming or outgoing media message that is stuck in stupid. Maybe there is a big old file in transit that metro p'sashit can't handle

Yes when i send a text and im on wifi it will pop up 4g that is and after its sent it goes away, but im not sending or receiving anything, it just pops up and sometimes there both running at the same time, nothing is coming in or out, i usually have to turn wifi off then bk on to fix it or reboot, its just strange

Nahh its to do that the reason the 4g pops up after the message is sent is due to the file is still exchanging through the media . Cause mines do this and i raised the question at the corporate store. They said it normal . And showed me that it will check for emails also while sending mms or sms .

But im not sending anything and have the email n all set to nt sync. Its 3g or 4g with wifi, it never use to do it unless i was sending something, ill just pk up the phone and hit the power button to wake it and then there it goes, or ill be looking at pics, or folders just messing around, that doesn't nd connection n it does it, i dnt know lol

sorry about the pm,i got it,im up to date,3037 now,ill see if it happens anymore,oh brainzz did u read that link bout 4.4 update and what phones should be getn it,looks like a bunch of the lg optimuses are going to get it,im waiting for it to come across my nexus 7,by the way like the esteem,does anyone know if the ota will come across being rooted?

Have a problem I hope someone can help me out with. I have a esteem that i want to give to a friend that needs a phone. The esteem was rooted and had zvd software and had the #2 rom. I wanted to put the phone back to stock before i gave away. I didn't have the original backup since i can't find the sd card i had everything backed up on. So I decided to do the downgrade from zvd to zvb, I went into clcokwork recovery to do the inital backup before downgrading. While the backup was going it got stuck and didn't progress for about an hour. I pulled the battery to try again but now the phone is stuck in a boot loop, the boot animation just replays over and over. I tried to go back into clockwork recovery by holding down the volume buttons and power button, the screen comes up asking to erase data, I confirmby pushing the power button 3 times, but instead of going into recovery likeit should, it just reboots and goes back into the the boot loop. Is the phone bricked? Any help would be great been trying to figure this out all day, tried using the lg update tool but that doesn't work, it shows the phone is up to date, tried the recovery update through the tool and i just get an error saying to unlpug the phone remove the battery and plug back in to try again but that doesnt hel. Sorry for the long post this thing is frustrating me

Hello and welcome to the forums. Sounds like your in a bit of a jam .

Well i can help you with this cause its easy but a big mistake that you did but lets get started .
You need to download all the esteem drivers to your laptop or pc. Next

Here it is try this to restore your lg esteem .
1. Download and extract the doc file it has the lgpnst and the DLL following the directions will put you back in working order the file download is
https://m.app.box.com/view_shared/42670c11cc31d546a6f6

2.Get the driver for the phone and install it http://www.lg.com/us/support/mc-supp...er_1.0_All.exe

Remove your battery and connect your phone via usb (the hard buttons on the bottom of the phone should blink slowly). **Make sure battery is at least 25% charged
Hold down power + vol up.
Phone will come on and read "downloading do not remove cord"or something to that nature. Put battery back in.
If you followed step 2 correctly, LGNPST will now show an unknown device and will be in emergency phone bookmode.
Under the emergency tab it will ask you for 1) a .dll file and 2) a phone book. Click on the folder icon next to .dll file and load the VS910.dll from wherever you have it saved. Click on the folder icon next to phone book. Navigate to the folder where you have saved the correct .tot file. in the "file name"box type *.* and hit enter. If you are in the correct folderyou shouldnowsee the .tot file, click on it then click "save".
Back on the LGNPST screen click on start. It should now say MASTERBIN and a percentage ticking up (if not you have done something wrong).

Here it is try this to restore your lg esteem .
1. Download and extract the doc file it has the lgpnst and the DLL following the directions will put you back in working order the file download is
https://m.app.box.com/view_shared/42670c11cc31d546a6f6

2.Get the driver for the phone and install it http://www.lg.com/us/support/mc-supp...er_1.0_All.exe

Remove your battery and connect your phone via usb (the hard buttons on the bottom of the phone should blink slowly). **Make sure battery is at least 25% charged
Hold down power + vol up.
Phone will come on and read "downloading do not remove cord"or something to that nature. Put battery back in.
If you followed step 2 correctly, LGNPST will now show an unknown device and will be in emergency phone bookmode.
Under the emergency tab it will ask you for 1) a .dll file and 2) a phone book. Click on the folder icon next to .dll file and load the VS910.dll from wherever you have it saved. Click on the folder icon next to phone book. Navigate to the folder where you have saved the correct .tot file. in the "file name"box type *.* and hit enter. If you are in the correct folderyou shouldnowsee the .tot file, click on it then click "save".
Back on the LGNPST screen click on start. It should now say MASTERBIN and a percentage ticking up (if not you have done something wrong).

Tried this already as well, the vs910.dll would give me an error message when trying to register it, so it would not show up in lgnpst

That's cause you didn't disable the user control . And then if its still a problem turn off the security that you have

Im going to uninstall everything and start over, clarify if this is correct

After downloading all files:

move the vs910.dll to the desktop
move theMS910ZVB_01.SB_01.P3018.R1003 - Copy.zip to the desktop
extract lgnpst in the folder that i created
install in the following order
store version
lab version
components
generic models
then after lgnpst is installed
go back to the folder created and run Right_Click_Register_DLL (i right clicked before but there was no run option but a merge option, so i just double clicked it)
then go back to the destop to right click the vs910.dll file and select register
then this part confused me about the skin.dll, do i drag the skin.dll i downloaded and put it in the lgnpst directory that installed?
then reboot and open lgnpst (i assume the lgnpst that installed into windows not from within the folder i created.)
then load the vs910.dll
load the tot file then hit start

Back
Top Bottom