• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LTEVO ROOTING FOR DUMMIES {The Complete Guide}

So far no go

Only 3 options left....

Extended charge see if it powers on

Extended discharge

Swap at store

Mr. Ed, did the unbricker even recognize the phone?

If it recognized it there is hope, somewhat. Also if the phone is dead there is a way to get the phone charged, but you'll need to go on the irc channel linked in the lazypanda page. They know how but it takes one of the devs walking you through it. I've never done it, but in reading through the posts on xda, there were a few who successfully fixed it while completely dead.

The unbricker is a little quirky until you get used to it. Believe me I ran it about 6 or 7 times. ;)

Guys I love the guide
I have a bit of a problem with the Ubnutu. I am running it along side windows installed on the hard drive and it is working well not comes the real problems.

1. I am a linux idiot but it is getting better with the use of Ubnutu. I have found a way that is a bit different than what was stated in the guide for finding the files and not sure if I have extracted it correctly but there is a FeedPanda icon in the Home folder. I had to repeatedly had to keep entering "sudo ./FeedPanda" but it would fail saying something about all files not extracted exiting. well I did this sever times and finally it ran the command

2. I get a line stating

sh: 1: .tmp/fastboot: not found
Starting up......
Searching device.....
sh: 1: .tmp/adb: not found
Connect device...
paul@ubuntu:~$

I would love to know what I am doing wrong.
I am pretty sure that my pc doesn't have usb3.0 How can I check that.
I would really like to be able to do this in linux because it seems that this device is easier to manipulate that way and it is good to know.
thanks
Stubby

Guys I love the guide
I have a bit of a problem with the Ubnutu. I am running it along side windows installed on the hard drive and it is working well not comes the real problems.

1. I am a linux idiot but it is getting better with the use of Ubnutu. I have found a way that is a bit different than what was stated in the guide for finding the files and not sure if I have extracted it correctly but there is a FeedPanda icon in the Home folder. I had to repeatedly had to keep entering "sudo ./FeedPanda" but it would fail saying something about all files not extracted exiting. well I did this sever times and finally it ran the command

2. I get a line stating

sh: 1: .tmp/fastboot: not found
Starting up......
Searching device.....
sh: 1: .tmp/adb: not found
Connect device...
paul@ubuntu:~$

I would love to know what I am doing wrong.
I am pretty sure that my pc doesn't have usb3.0 How can I check that.
I would really like to be able to do this in linux because it seems that this device is easier to manipulate that way and it is good to know.
thanks
Stubby

I'll let the linux wizards here on the forums tackle your issues with that. I'm pretty green with it as well.

The important thing is you have linux booted. Its absolutely needed for the unbricker. You can always feed the panda while booted in windows

Thanks guys I figured EM was the man to give advice on this. I have no problem waiting just abit. I do like the ui and need to use it more it just really simple. I recommend that everyone give Unubu.

In order for the commands listed to work properly you need to make sure the files are in there and that linux has them "identified" (thats the best way I can explain it, EM knows more and can probably expand).

Once you type the cd $HOME/Down<tab><enter>
You should be in the downloads folder. If not just type the full name of the folder where you saved the findpanda file. cd $HOME/Download<enter> This is where I always saved my files.

Make sure you type this command to identify the files: ls -lFa<enter>
(those are lowercase "L"s ;) )

After that follow the command to extract the files: tar zxf Feed<tab-key><enter>
Like above if it doesnt work for some reason just type out the file name exactly as shown in the downloads folder.

Then do the identifer command again: ls -lFa<enter>

When you type the ls -lFa command, the print out in terminal will show the files in the folder as seperate lines with the files listed in different colors.

I hope I'm making sense. :o
If it still isn't working we'll back track and start from scratch. :)

Thanks Granite, that makes perfect sense seeing how I was in putting I for l in the ls -lfa so I will try this out either tonight or Friday when I'm off work.

I had put the FeedPanda in the home folder so there is one less step. I was able to confirm md5sum and all was well. I am still baffled about not finding the device but with less time reading and more time doing I should avoid a timeout issues.

I'm tried to root with the zedomax method.
But it took longer than I had expected.

I am a Linux newb.
I downloaded 64 bit Ubuntu Desktop 12.04 LTS and installed it on a virtual machine.
Took 1+ hour to install and was slow (slow enough that I could not search to find the Terminal). After 6+ restarts, the VM actually ran fast and without problems.

While trying to root, I would run this instruction and finish without the expected results:
"sudo ./adb-linux devices"

Once I typed this first and let the update go:
"sudo apt-get install ia32-libs"

The "adb-linux" command worked as expected and the remaining commands allowed me to root.
Can you add this to the guide right before the Zedomax method?

I know it's already placed "Step 3: Lazy Panda"

On a sidenote, I ran LazyPanda, but it said I needed and external sdcard ...
Any reason why?

Not sure on that, but I think that I remember that they said that LazyPanda wouldn't work on a virtual machine. :confused:

Will have to go check that out.

PS - I don't think that you need to sudo adb commands.

EM, you are correct. Globatron does not recommend using a virtual machine for running LazyPanda.

He also stated that the unbricker (FindPanda) will not work on a virtual machine. It needs to be a full install or a Live CD or Live USB.

Regarding the external sd card, i think it actually uses it in the process of doing its thing. I know I had one in the phone when I did it.

An SD card is required to get full S-OFF with LazyPanda. The process loads files on the SD to get S-OFF. This is why when it fails the SD card is "blank". Not sure what, why or how this is, just know it's part of the process. :o

EarlyMon, I'll have to check again later whether or not "sudo" makes a difference to run adb-linux. I only used it to make sure my VM was able to communicate with the phone as the phone restarts for testing purposes.

The LazyPanda Unbricker definitely mentions that VM is not supported.
But am unsure about the LazyPanda S-OFF tool itself.

Currently I'll have to wait on S-Off till I can procure an sdcard and a bootable Ubuntu on a USB flash drive (in case I need Unbricker).

I was thinking of using my OG Evo's sdcard for the S-OFF process, but am concerned that S-Off requires it for normal use.

EarlyMon, I'll have to check again later whether or not "sudo" makes a difference to run adb-linux. I only used it to make sure my VM was able to communicate with the phone as the phone restarts for testing purposes.

The LazyPanda Unbricker definitely mentions that VM is not supported.
But am unsure about the LazyPanda S-OFF tool itself.

Currently I'll have to wait on S-Off till I can procure an sdcard and a bootable Ubuntu on a USB flash drive (in case I need Unbricker).

I was thinking of using my OG Evo's sdcard for the S-OFF process, but am concerned that S-Off requires it for normal use.

you can use your og evo's sd card that is fine. after s-off you will not necessarily need an sd card for normal use. but sd cards are cheap these days.

you can use your og evo's sd card that is fine. after s-off you will not necessarily need an sd card for normal use. but sd cards are cheap these days.

Exactly, agreed 100%.

I'll also recommend that you copy the contents of the card to your pc. Then once you have the card in your phone, format the card from your settings. Working with a clean SD card seems to have better results. :)

No, so I made an assumption that that particular poster was referring to our somewhat complex guide for the lazypanda soff. 95% of the complexity is just to save you in case of brick

Yeah I got that I'm sorry I didn't mean to confuse you haha. I was just asking in general. I'm jonesing for an excuse to do further modding. Flashing roms no longer satisfies my cravings lol.

Back
Top Bottom