• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

Used the link you gave me, it won't reboot into recovery.
Furthermore, I installed ROM manager, and there (I supose) I made a backup.
I rebooted and it's doing "Android is upgrading" stuff.
So, after flashing a new rom, I just opet this same app, and use Restore from backup to restore to stock ROM, or I have to flash stock ROM first and then use Restore from backup option?
This may look way simpler than I thought.

i dont believe that would work since rom manager needs a Custom Recovery ato restore, i do read that our recovery didnt work with the european version

if it does work then you should download and install f6utilities make sure youre rooted and select installcustom recovery, then reboot into recovery. after that there is a back up and restore sectio, go there and backup to external SD card not the internal one. it should take about 800MB so make sure you have space.

I'm gonna factory reset and then reinstall the ROM see if that helps
i dont wanna sound bummer but you might want to install xperion rom and see if the camera works there. its kinda weird that we are all using the same rom and camera doesnt work on yours only

if not then restore to factor stock and try from the ground up

I just realized that I didn't have USB debugging on before trying to tether which might have not allowed the USB tethering. I'll try the USB tether when I get home.

who said to install ROM manager
Google did :/
i dont believe that would work since rom manager needs a Custom Recovery ato restore, i do read that our recovery didnt work with the european version

if it does work then you should download and install f6utilities make sure youre rooted and select installcustom recovery, then reboot into recovery. after that there is a back up and restore sectio, go there and backup to external SD card not the internal one. it should take about 800MB so make sure you have space.

ROM manager is showing that CWM is installed. And it makes a backup that is about 1 mb big. So I supose that's not it.
Also, ROM manager NOR f6utilities are NOT rebooting it into recovery. Which is, I supose, bad.
Can I boot it into recovery in some different way?

ROM manager is showing that CWM is installed. And it makes a backup that is about 1 mb big. So I supose that's not it.
Also, ROM manager NOR f6utilities are NOT rebooting it into recovery. Which is, I supose, bad.

is you phone rooted, does it have super user installed

in F6 Utils did you choose ton install CWM, you have to install CWM before you can boot into it

DONT PLAY WITH ROM MANAGER

take a screen shot of your camera app after you first open it

want to see what it looks like

i also want to verify, you are using the Metro PCS D500 right

Yes metro d500

Metro F6 is MS500, T-Mobile is D500

Speaking of NFC, I tried several times, unsuccessfully, to install Isis mobile wallet on CM.
It tries to install, but in the end I get a message "App is not installed".
Installed fine on stock.

Same issue. I've been trying to mess with build.prop but no luck. Perhaps Isis isn't compatible with 4.4[.4]?

if you are rooted, and you installed CWM from f6utilities and is still not booting you intorecovery is most likely because the euro version is not compatible with our recovery.. if its that you are out of luck here

I've been lurking this product since the beginning. Quick question, what are the chances of IR ever working? I know LG locked it, so my hopes aren't high, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Hroark13, I just gotta say thank you for working on this. It's much appreciated. Enjoying playing with kitkat for the first time because of you. If there is anything I can do to help figure out the GPS issues, let me know and I'll try to help out.

vuquge2a.jpg

2u5u7y2e.jpg

These are my benchmarks, I closed all apps but there again I had a lot of apps installed ...

If somebody is able to do a fresh boot with full wipe then that would be the true benchmarks for this phone

is you phone rooted, does it have super user installed

in F6 Utils did you choose ton install CWM, you have to install CWM before you can boot into it

DONT PLAY WITH ROM MANAGER

It is rooted, and superuser is installed. That's why I don't understand why it's not booting into recovery.

AFAIK, LG just does not allow non-LG apps to access IR blaster, so there is a chance that by using LG QRemote and sdk it will work.

overall, tremendous project, tremendous progress in such a short time.

Hroark13 rocks.

But for now I have:

- GPS not really working;
- QRemote not working;
- Isis Mobile Wallet not being able to install (although it seems to be a problem for all devices on all CM ROMs).

Unless those issues are fixed, I am going back to stock.

AFAIK, LG just does not allow non-LG apps to access IR blaster, so there is a chance that by using LG QRemote and sdk it will work.

overall, tremendous project, tremendous progress in such a short time.

Hroark13 rocks.

But for now I have:

- GPS not really working;
- QRemote not working;
- Isis Mobile Wallet not being able to install (although it seems to be a problem for all devices on all CM ROMs).

Unless those issues are fixed, I am going back to stock.

honestly i rather deal with the bugs and random reboots and turn off vibration than using Lg skin and 4.1.2 one more day... i cant stand LG and thats why i installed this rom as soon as Text and calls started working...

honestly i rather deal with the bugs and random reboots and turn off vibration than using Lg skin and 4.1.2 one more day... i cant stand LG and thats why i installed this rom as soon as Text and calls started working...

I can deal w/bugs and random reboots no problem.

I just don't want to lose features that are present on the stock.

And I don't hate LG skin as passionately as you do..can always install another launcher and be done with this.

And I don't hate LG skin as passionately as you do..can always install another launcher and be done with this.

the only thing that bugs me is the IR, but ionly used it on my room and i have my own remote. i DO wish that we could atleast use the quick app buttom for someting else like camera

and yes i hate all skins except for sense 6 only.

This is how I feel. I'm OK with bugs and random reboots but I'll wait until at least GPS is fully working. I'm fairly confident hroark13 will get everything working within a week by the pace he is going.

Also, I want to thank everyone who helped make this rom possible. I've been waiting since I bought this phone last February for CM. I've been checking every other day for KK, but this is even better! :D

Fico45 try using terminal type su to run root mode and type reboot recovery.That always works for me I'm on us metero PCs.

This is how I feel. I'm OK with bugs and random reboots but I'll wait until at least GPS is fully working. I'm fairly confident hroark13 will get everything working within a week by the pace he is going.

Also, I want to thank everyone who helped make this rom possible. I've been waiting since I bought this phone last February for CM. I've been checking every other day for KK, but this is even better! :D

Yes, I am also very grateful to the development team. The ROM is extremely fast and smooth, really nice.

Back
Top Bottom