• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

I've used the cm11 for a few days now, and the only thing that I have wrong with it is the rear camera. Everything else is nice and smooth. Thanks to all the developers and please keep up the great work.

ROFL I need to stop checking this thread daily. I got LG Optimus F6 because I wanted to get away from Virgin Mobile and because I did not want to pay $300 for SGS3/4. The F6 was a good value at $100. I knew I'd miss CM, but I thought I'd be able to get over it. Turns out I was wrong. I hate the stupid bloatware that comes with it which slows down the phone and eats the free space. I so wish I could have CM on my phone. Alas, as it is right now, it's a bit too unstable and it's missing a few crucial features I need (GPS and notification LED). So thanks for all the work, and I truly hope you guys can make it work. In the mean time, as I said, I have to stop checking this thread daily, it just keeps aggravating the pain of having to live with stock bloatware ROM.

ROFL I need to stop checking this thread daily. I got LG Optimus F6 because I wanted to get away from Virgin Mobile and because I did not want to pay $300 for SGS3/4. The F6 was a good value at $100. I knew I'd miss CM, but I thought I'd be able to get over it. Turns out I was wrong. I hate the stupid bloatware that comes with it which slows down the phone and eats the free space. I so wish I could have CM on my phone. Alas, as it is right now, it's a bit too unstable and it's missing a few crucial features I need (GPS and notification LED). So thanks for all the work, and I truly hope you guys can make it work. In the mean time, as I said, I have to stop checking this thread daily, it just keeps aggravating the pain of having to live with stock bloatware ROM.

( Flashable Bloatware Remover - Android Creations ) From @GameTheory he has a flashable bloatware remover not to sure but, if you have root and use the F6 Utilities apk and flash it should work? I'm gonna go with it does.

Alright. I'm home and updated my last post. Here is what I said for the lazy:

1. Bluetooth is unstable. My Bluetooth headphone will disconnect immediately after connecting
  2. GPS is unstable. The GPS may work once every 5-6 minutes. GPS Fix app does not fix anything.
  3. Endless vibration when moving app from app drawer to desktop. Turning off vibration worked, but this is a temporary solution.
  4. Constant multicolored LED while in recovery.
  5. Phone will freeze and reboot once every few hours. Possibly overflow from several apps in use.

Last, can anyone confirm 4G using t-mobile prepaid? I have tried every APN, only to find an "R" next to my 5 bars. I assume this stands for "Roaming". I would appreciate help from any fellow T-mobile customer.

Alright. I'm home and updated my last post. Here is what I said for the lazy:

1. Bluetooth is unstable. My Bluetooth headphone will disconnect immediately after connecting
  2. GPS is unstable. The GPS may work once every 5-6 minutes. GPS Fix app does not fix anything.
  3. Endless vibration when moving app from app drawer to desktop. Turning off vibration worked, but this is a temporary solution.
  4. Constant multicolored LED while in recovery.
  5. Phone will freeze and reboot once every few hours. Possibly overflow from several apps in use.

Last, can anyone confirm 4G using t-mobile prepaid? I have tried every APN, only to find an "R" next to my 5 bars. I assume this stands for "Roaming". I would appreciate help from any fellow T-mobile customer.
Disable vibratiom through settings this has been said alot of times.
I have to be and get LTE
Reboot happens every so often it doesn't really bother much
GPS is buggy
BLUTOOTH is buggy

We are still looking for options, my GPS and Bluetooth work perfectly but not varies in every rom mate :3

I hate the stupid bloatware that comes with it which slows down the phone and eats the free space. .

ever heard about Root App Delete and System App Remover?

My F6 runs smoothly on stock w/over 400MB of free space wth 45 user apps installed. Don't even need SD card tricks.

Of course I'd like to get KitKat. But not at the expense of the original stock features.

ever heard about Root App Delete and System App Remover?

My F6 runs smoothly on stock w/over 400MB of free space wth 45 user apps installed. Don't even need SD card tricks.

Of course I'd like to get KitKat. But not at the expense of the original stock features.
Same here I deleted everything from LG and install the gooe counterparts but still the LG skin and 4.1.2 was horrible for me so I use this with no issue haha my stock rom has 500MB free and I never had trouble with storage

Disable vibratiom through settings this has been said alot of times.
I have to be and get LTE
Reboot happens every so often it doesn't really bother much
GPS is buggy
BLUTOOTH is buggy

We are still looking for options, my GPS and Bluetooth work perfectly but not varies in every rom mate :3

1. I've already disabled vibration, even when using Google keyboard. That is no problem. I'd like to have these features but I can definitely wait.
2. I would like to get LTE with t-mobile prepaid, as I received before, but I'm in no hurry. I don't see "LTE" though. If I can be directed to the correct APN then that would be great.
3. I don't understand how your GPS and Bluetooth work perfectly. Are you using CM11? I feel the redundancy of noting other Roms, as they are based on stock. I can work around getting no GPS, but in the future, getting all the GPS satellites is a must. My vehicle's GPS is outdated with outdated maps, and I live in a constantly changing rural area. I might be lucky to get signal to initiate the map, and I have to figure it out from there. Bluetooth is buggier than expected. I can discover Bluetooth devices, and the devices themselves will say they are connected, but the phone says "connecting...". This leaves an endless loop where it tries to connect but no success.

Same here I deleted everything from LG and install the gooe counterparts but still the LG skin and 4.1.2 was horrible for me so I use this with no issue haha my stock rom has 500MB free and I never had trouble with storage

I run Apex launcher, so skins are no concern to me whatsoever.

- phone that can make phone calls :)
- LTE data - fast;
- GPS;
- IR remote;
- Music player;
- photo camera/photo viewer;
- occasional video/movie player;
- 64GB microSD support;

those are the features I need/want. Everything else is secondary.
As for games, F6 is not a gaming device anyway. And even with CM11/KK it won't became one.

GPS Fix gets better signal but in a mountainous rural area it is useless.

Also. Does anyone know if OTG is possible with CM11 and this phone? I know some manufacturers disable it complete, some require root and third party apps.

@Maine Coon- Agreed, beside IR Remote. I'll only start using it with better compatibility. G2 has TiVo support and more off brand TV's.

I run Apex launcher, so skins are no concern to me whatsoever.

- phone that can make phone calls :)
- LTE data - fast;
- GPS;
- IR remote;
- Music player;
- photo camera/photo viewer;
- occasional video/movie player;
- 64GB microSD support;

those are the features I need/want. Everything else is secondary.
As for games, F6 is not a gaming device anyway. And even with CM11/KK it won't became one.

My LTE speed is better than on stock.
My GPS works good
IR I give you that one I do miss it
Music player is better on CM11 cuz of the lock screen music control that stock doesn't have-.-
Honestly screen is not worth watching movies but I do use YouTube occasionally
I have a 32GB SD card and it works flawlessly
I only have clash of clans on my phone as my only game

Honestly I think the only things missing in this ROM for me is LED and IR. Everything else I could careless haha and fix the vibration but I'm still finding a way to fix it.

1. I've already disabled vibration, even when using Google keyboard. That is no problem. I'd like to have these features but I can definitely wait.
2. I would like to get LTE with t-mobile prepaid, as I received before, but I'm in no hurry. I don't see "LTE" though. If I can be directed to the correct APN then that would be great.
3. I don't understand how your GPS and Bluetooth work perfectly. Are you using CM11? I feel the redundancy of noting other Roms, as they are based on stock. I can work around getting no GPS, but in the future, getting all the GPS satellites is a must. My vehicle's GPS is outdated with outdated maps, and I live in a constantly changing rural area. I might be lucky to get signal to initiate the map, and I have to figure it out from there. Bluetooth is buggier than expected. I can discover Bluetooth devices, and the devices themselves will say they are connected, but the phone says "connecting...". This leaves an endless loop where it tries to connect but no success.
No need to disable vibration on the keyboard man(:

As for LTE

e4emuvug.jpg

Make sure your settings look like this, and choose the T-Mobile APN with LTE mine works great.

Bluetooth I have yet to test it since u don't use Bluetooth I use NFC tags

GPS was able to tell me the way to my college just now

It may vary tho some don't have camera, some don't have GPS, I just happen to have both working lol

I installed the ROM today and had a few issues from the get go. I'm not new to the custom ROM flashing scene and it's not my first rodeo. I'm usually able to get past the few hiccups that come along.

Did my backup. (Xperion ROM)

Wiped/Factory Reset, Wiped Cache.

Installed the ROM from zip

Installed gapps linked to from OP. This is where I had the first problem. The gapps install aborted. I booted in to the ROM, skipped through the setup installed F6 utilities, rebooted into recovery again. Tried gapps again. Aborted again. I moved on.

Installed TitaniumBackup through recovery.

Booted into the ROM, went through setup. Disabled vibration, changed my APN, changed my preferred network to MetroPCS. Rebooted. No indication of LTE, phone still said T-Mobile. I was able to receive a phone call but with no ringtone.

I proceeded to restore my apps and data through TiBu. About 50% of the way I ran out of storage. Went into Link2SD and started linking apps. Noticed that I did not have Link2SD Plus. Went into TiBu, restored Link2SD Plus. Still no plus version. Ok, decided to try and download it from the Play Store. Could not connect to the store. Not sure is this was related to the gapps failure or not having my network setup properly.

Through this entire process I had random apps throwing " app such and such has stopped" messages.

Has anyone else had issues with gapps aborting. Is anyone using a different gapps that the one linked to in the OP?

Once I get that issued solved it's on to the network. Any suggestions. Any particular steps I have to do?

My next run through should probably be an incremental restore a little bit at a time with TiBu starting with Link2SD Plus.

So far the ROM looks good. Boots quickly, runs smooth and looks nice. Looking forward to getting deeper into it.

My LTE speed is better than on stock.
My GPS works good
IR I give you that one I do miss it
Music player is better on CM11 cuz of the lock screen music control that stock doesn't have-.-
Honestly screen is not worth watching movies but I do use YouTube occasionally
I have a 32GB SD card and it works flawlessly
I only have clash of clans on my phone as my only game

Honestly I think the only things missing in this ROM for me is LED and IR. Everything else I could careless haha and fix the vibration but I'm still finding a way to fix it.

I am not trying to undermine the value of this development.

Whatever works for you, great.

Although you are the only one who says that GPS works good. Again, as long as you are satisfied :)

I've had the Google Apps error me when installing. Try booting and see if works. I've been using mine for a few days with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom