• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

Believe me bud, I know exactly what you are talking about, but like I said my addiction is not phones it's hmm.... Video and audio editing for thousands and that's a understatement probably hundreds of thousands. I was going to pm you because I really don't like putting some business out there, but your pm's are turned off. All in all I've been days without sleep, just to perfect something that ultimately isn't a huge huge IRL important matter, but it's the addiction to it that makes me thrive to get done fast, with quality. I hope the best for you and am looking forward to more of your skillz in the future.

And yes back on topic is a good idea. I have flashed this rom, everything seems to be working great. Camera, WiFi, GPS mostly every thing I've messed with. I have only encountered 2 issues, and that is one time during GPS and one time during texting. The phone locks up and vibrates until battery is pulled. The second is seems like the home screen crashes from time to time. It will go dark and the lights will light up, but ya can't get it to do anything. If ya wait a few minutes the boot animation will come up and screen will reappear and refresh. Maybe it's randomly rebooting, but it doesn't actually seem like that.

I get both of those, the first one can be solved by turning off vibration

I also get ome where the phone reboots ramdomu for no reason

I was pretty active on this forum back about 6 months ago, with my kids out of school for the summer I haven't had much time to contribute, or play with my F6 at all. However, I have kept up to date with all the things going on in our small community here. Silently observing for the most part.

To the point, I think a lot of people have put forth great effort in hopes of bringing our dream of a CM11 port to our phones. However I have seen a lot of envy, and bickering back and forth on this thread itself in regards to who did what first and who had the glory first. This is a community mind you. Not a one man show like I have seen some try and make it. Hroark, I personally commend you on all of your work and effort and want to thank you and want to apologize for the treatment you received. I also extend thanks to the other hard working developers who have put forth their effort. One last time, keep in mind everyone this is a collective, a community.. Let's treat it as such. We all come together to solve problems and make progress.

So I've been testing the phone for the past day in a hospital, because I'm waiting for my cousin to have a baby. So far I have to report what basically everyone else is reporting.

1. Bluetooth is unstable. My Bluetooth headphone will disconnect immediately after connecting
  2. GPS is unstable. The GPS may work once every 5-6 minutes. GPS Fix app does not fix anything.
  3. Endless vibration when moving app from app drawer to desktop. Turning off vibration worked, but this is a temporary solution.
  4. Constant multicolored LED while in recovery.
  5. Phone will freeze and reboot once every few hours. Possibly overflow from several apps in use.

For me, everything else works, including cameras. The phone is running 5000% better than it did before. I am so happy to have lock screen widgets. I was thinking of buying a moto g but now I know that there is no need to.

Question, could we use anything with closed to enable functionality to the quick setting button?

Haven't had any vibration issues yet after deselecting vibration touch, but it didn't stop the random reboots. Is this kernel OCed? Didn't know if it may be set to high on accident.

It's actually a shy underclocked from stock.. or maybe that is just me.

I just got the /maybe/ fix compiled, and I am backing up as we speak in case I brick... :-/

Wish me luck..

-----------------------
- Edit: Funny moment. -
-----------------------

That moment when generating an MD5 hash takes FOREVER..

It's actually a shy underclocked from stock.. or maybe that is just me.

I just got the /maybe/ fix compiled, and I am backing up as we speak in case I brick... :-/

Wish me luck..

-----------------------
- Edit: Funny moment. -
-----------------------

That moment when generating an MD5 hash takes FOREVER..

Please let us know (:

Haven't had any vibration issues yet after deselecting vibration touch, but it didn't stop the random reboots. Is this kernel OCed? Didn't know if it may be set to high on accident.

Not over clocked, I believe its just an error. And I've noticed not happens when too much stuff happens on the phone too quickly, like opening an app at the moment the phone receives a message
If you believed is the clock speed go to performance at the bottom of the settings page and youll be able to set the clock speed from there.

I wonder?

.............And Bootloop...

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 92
I have to admit that you guys are making a fantastic progress here. It's good to see that ROMming has started on D500 and how dedicated you all are. Big congrats to each contributor and big respect to hroark13 who took most of the work in his back.

I wish I could see the same to happen with LG Optimus F6 D505, I'd love to see CM working on that.

I don't know, but to me the phone is COMPLETELY stable with no random reboots or anything if the vibration is completely off.

Yesterday it literally rebooted like 18 times in about 6 hours. Figured it was the vibration, turned it off, and it's working perfectly.

I'm using this as a daily driver, by the way.

Same

the people that wanted things fixed is not what bothered me, as long as it a request and not a demand

this happens to me a lot, on most phones I work on to be honest with you

I have been literally working on this phone non stop for like a week, and doing very little else, so I am very batty, I almost snapped at this lady at the supermarket cause she kept looking at me funny

If you guys knew how much time I actually put into this, you would not be too impressed with what I accomplished

this hobby is a like a very weird addiction for me, and I tend to be a little to excessive with it, when I am doing it

Great job thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please! keep working on this, cannot wait till it's up and running fully.

Back
Top Bottom