• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

Also my phone still says t-mobile even though I have metro. Does anyone know what to do? I set the APN to metro. But my lockscreen still says metro. I appreciate the help. :)

Mine also says t mobile after changing and restarting several times. I think you are right about us using t mobile towers plus if I remembered correctly T-Mobile and MetroPCS were suppose to merge. Idk I could be wrong but it don't bother me to much. Great work all devs breathing life in this phone. I haven't been on cm since HTC and cm7 days lol so thank you guys for this experience.

Something I noticed while using cm 11 is that when I listen to music on power amp music player my music kinda scratches and messes up while it playes. I don't know what to make of that. But its just something I noticed while using cm11.

If some notices let me know. Does the reboot happen mostly when manually locking phone with power button? Seems like that's what it is for me, but didn't think about it till just now. Just curious..

EDIT * Maybe sometimes when the screen turns off on charge? Kind of noticed it to I believe.

If some notices let me know. Does the reboot happen mostly when manually locking phone with power button? Seems like that's what it is for me, but didn't think about it till just now. Just curious..

I am having same issue with manual sleep the back and menu soft keys glow screen blackout

Mic volume is low. I was doing a facebook call with my cousin and he said he could barely hear me. Tested with sound recorder by blowing on the mic and its still low.

Mic volume is low. I was doing a facebook call with my cousin and he said he could barely hear me. Tested with sound recorder by blowing on the mic and its still low.
also the ear piece is low too dont know if you have noticed, i noticed that while in a call the volume was waay too low

I was just coming here to post about this. Any microphone usage is low. It is or was a problem in other cm builds so maybe there's a fix for this. Great work again.

Also my phone still says t-mobile even though I have metro. Does anyone know what to do? I set the APN to metro. But my lockscreen still says metro. I appreciate the help. :)

Mine does too, I think it's just that we use T-Mobile towers. It still works fine.

Mine also says t mobile after changing and restarting several times. I think you are right about us using t mobile towers plus if I remembered correctly T-Mobile and MetroPCS were suppose to merge. Idk I could be wrong but it don't bother me to much. Great work all devs breathing life in this phone. I haven't been on cm since HTC and cm7 days lol so thank you guys for this experience.

I noticed this as well and found a way to get the notification drawer and lock screen to say METROPCS instead of T-MOBILE. First I downloaded Xposed installer from (Xposed Installer | Xposed Module Repository)
After installing the app I selected "Framework"(first option in list) and clicked on Install/Update, and a few seconds later got a prompt to reboot the device. After rebooting I opened Xposed Installer and selected "Download"(third option in list) then found GravityBox [KK] in the list of modules and installed it. Then I went to "Modules"(second option in list) and tapped the check box on the right side, and got a prompt to reboot again. After rebooting I opened GravityBox [KK] and selected "Lockscreen tweaks" and scrolled all the way down where I found "Custom carrier text"(second option from bottom). After selecting this option I typed "METROPCS" and pressed OK, and then my lockscreen said "METROPCS". I then went back to the main menu in GravityBox [KK] and selected "Statusbar tweaks"(the second option) and then selected "Notification drawer style"(the fourth option in the next menu). I then selected "Custom carrier text" and once again entered "METROPCS" and tapped OK. After doing this my notification drawer and lockscreen now say METROPCS instead of T-MOBILE. There are also tons of other customization options in GravityBox [KK], in addition to many other Xposed modules that are available for download. My other favorites are "Complete Action Plus"(allows you customize the "complete action using" menu), and "Physical Button Music Control"(allows you to play/pause/skip music tracks from the lockscreen or while the screen is off. Version 2.5.1 is best IMO). Some of the options in GravityBox and Physical button Music Control are already built into cm11 but there are a lot that arent.

If you find this post helpful please click the thanks button and like my post:)

You guys I'm just saying but I never seemed to have the vibrating problem I'm on latest build going to try omni ROM but it almost always fail at recovery building but can't turn off without saying no rule to make target Bacon it seems to happens with cm11 and omni going to reinstall Ubuntu 14.04 when I get the chance

I'm reinstalling because of a error looking like its related to the system not the source

I installed the ROM today and had a few issues from the get go. I'm not new to the custom ROM flashing scene and it's not my first rodeo. I'm usually able to get past the few hiccups that come along.

Did my backup. (Xperion ROM)

Wiped/Factory Reset, Wiped Cache.

Installed the ROM from zip

Installed gapps linked to from OP. This is where I had the first problem. The gapps install aborted. I booted in to the ROM, skipped through the setup installed F6 utilities, rebooted into recovery again. Tried gapps again. Aborted again. I moved on.

Installed TitaniumBackup through recovery.

Booted into the ROM, went through setup. Disabled vibration, changed my APN, changed my preferred network to MetroPCS. Rebooted. No indication of LTE, phone still said T-Mobile. I was able to receive a phone call but with no ringtone.

I proceeded to restore my apps and data through TiBu. About 50% of the way I ran out of storage. Went into Link2SD and started linking apps. Noticed that I did not have Link2SD Plus. Went into TiBu, restored Link2SD Plus. Still no plus version. Ok, decided to try and download it from the Play Store. Could not connect to the store. Not sure is this was related to the gapps failure or not having my network setup properly.

Through this entire process I had random apps throwing " app such and such has stopped" messages.

Has anyone else had issues with gapps aborting. Is anyone using a different gapps that the one linked to in the OP?

Once I get that issued solved it's on to the network. Any suggestions. Any particular steps I have to do?

My next run through should probably be an incremental restore a little bit at a time with TiBu starting with Link2SD Plus.

So far the ROM looks good. Boots quickly, runs smooth and looks nice. Looking forward to getting deeper into it.

you know i had the same issue with Gapps i got them from somewhere else but even though it said aborted when i boot my device all the gapps are there like if nothing went wrong, i supposed this is not the same case with you

Something I noticed while using cm 11 is that when I listen to music on power amp music player my music kinda scratches and messes up while it playes. I don't know what to make of that. But its just something I noticed while using cm11.
yeah i noticed that too it happens really often thoe

I installed the gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip using hroarks twrp with no problem. The other zip fails at the end but the apps are still installed.

Back
Top Bottom