• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

ok so i have had this rom for a little over 12 hours.. props to the dev awasome rom ... but there are a few things that i would like to address and i hoping that my request to get looked into.
1) there is a problem with the 4g n 3g signal. now on the stock rom i have never seen the 3g icon before and at home im either 3 baring on 4g lte or full bars on 4g. i have notice that i stay stuck on 3g 100 percent of the time im home before i use to get 8-11mbps down but now im only getting 2mbps down :( on 3g. but when lte kicks in the signal is low to non but the speed is there atleast. i also have never the Hspa 4g+ either.
2)this is really bugging me here but i everyone i talk to says, they hear themselfs echo. and this was after i took the beta 4 update please look into that !!!
3)i would also like to request to inplant a sd hack to add for more internal storage. i know there is a guide out there but im hoping that you being a guru that you are that you can find a intergrated way of doing and letting the user pick how much space they want to use.
4) maybe tweaking the kernal to under volt it for prolong battery life. i havent really seen a difference in battery life.
5) hmm another would request would be if possable to have a defalut work arounf the upsell so users can have hotspot or tether. i have read threads from other phone on lg having the ablity.
6) a knock knock coding would be cool

ok so i have had this rom for a little over 12 hours.. props to the dev awasome rom ... but there are a few things that i would like to address and i hoping that my request to get looked into.
1) there is a problem with the 4g n 3g signal. now on the stock rom i have never seen the 3g icon before and at home im either 3 baring on 4g lte or full bars on 4g. i have notice that i stay stuck on 3g 100 percent of the time im home before i use to get 8-11mbps down but now im only getting 2mbps down :( on 3g. but when lte kicks in the signal is low to non but the speed is there atleast. i also have never the Hspa 4g+ either.
2)this is really bugging me here but i everyone i talk to says, they hear themselfs echo. and this was after i took the beta 4 update please look into that !!!
3)i would also like to request to inplant a sd hack to add for more internal storage. i know there is a guide out there but im hoping that you being a guru that you are that you can find a intergrated way of doing and letting the user pick how much space they want to use.
4) maybe tweaking the kernal to under volt it for prolong battery life. i havent really seen a difference in battery life.
5) hmm another would request would be if possable to have a defalut work arounf the upsell so users can have hotspot or tether. i have read threads from other phone on lg having the ablity.
6) a knock knock coding would be cool

1) You know t mobile's 4G is just a re-brand of 3G? So technically, you are getting 4g... just not LTE. (In actual terms, 3g and 4G LTE is different) stupid T-Mobile xD
2)The one of "may be working but also may have bugs" he stated was call and text... He is really working hard on it to improve it!
3)SD card, I believe he can do it and work on it as his main priority.... or do you want him to fix your echo calling or something much more important before that? Some peeps can't even get their camera working :(
4)Undervolting, overvolting... I believe you could do that but if you really want to juice out the battery, get an extended battery :)
5)Yes there is a way to do that. You can get an android tether and one of "developer" task managing app. Run the android tether and delete hostpad.(something) or force close it and it will let you bypass the "up-selling" thing you are talking about
6)I know! I want that! My sister is going to get L90 soon and that's pretty much only thing I'm jealous of!

I believe before adding anything else he could fix the reboots, the calls and vibration n.n that should and think is priority for him. After that then we can start asking for add ons

Just curious if anyone has tried a different launcher, theme, or ui and see if reboots are still happening? From what I read on some other lg phones with CM11 that it is systemui that makes theirs reboot.

Just curious if anyone has tried a different launcher, theme, or ui and see if reboots are still happening? From what I read on some other lg phones with CM11 that it is systemui that makes theirs reboot.
I just tried with nova launcher and in less than 5 minutes my phone rebooted 3 times. So I don't think that's the issue with this. At least I don't think that's it. :/

I have Android L theme with GEL launcher and it boots perfectly

So far, so good with this ROM. Still trying to figure out the driver for the built in USB tether on Windows 8.1 because it isn't being picked up with the lg drivers. Gonna try google wallet today since I have a better feeling that it should work now.

Just to inform you hroark, the GPS still does not work. It does not pick up any satellites at all.

This includes the release you put out to fix it.

Any hope of this getting ported to the LG Volt boost/virgin mobile? Running 4.4.2 rooted now but I know this phone can do better. We could use help with developing too. If someone is up to the challenge, let the LG Volt forums know :cool:

Just to inform you hroark, the GPS still does not work. It does not pick up any satellites at all.

This includes the release you put out to fix it.
GPS working great on MS500 hardware rev 1. Did you do a complete wipe? I.e. wipe data/cache and dalvik cache?

I will try a full wipe this time but for this kind of change, it shouldn't have needed it. I'll do it to be absolutely sure though. Also, since some people here live in the UK and this ROM is based off the UK version of the kernel (from my understanding) then maybe we should be adding that info in our replies. I live in the US.

My ARM processor is listed as Rev. 4.

1) You know t mobile's 4G is just a re-brand of 3G? So technically, you are getting 4g... just not LTE. (In actual terms, 3g and 4G LTE is different) stupid T-Mobile xD
2)The one of "may be working but also may have bugs" he stated was call and text... He is really working hard on it to improve it!
3)SD card, I believe he can do it and work on it as his main priority.... or do you want him to fix your echo calling or something much more important before that? Some peeps can't even get their camera working :(
4)Undervolting, overvolting... I believe you could do that but if you really want to juice out the battery, get an extended battery :)
5)Yes there is a way to do that. You can get an android tether and one of "developer" task managing app. Run the android tether and delete hostpad.(something) or force close it and it will let you bypass the "up-selling" thing you are talking about
6)I know! I want that! My sister is going to get L90 soon and that's pretty much only thing I'm jealous of!

1)yea your right on that i dunno but it feels like the 3g is getting bottle necked sometimes when LTE is on everything is great even though i get low bars.
2) to be honest he has done such awasome work if he doesnt do anything else i will still be happy with this rom. im going to test out his other KK rom and decide which one is best so far for daily use.
3) now as far as the echo goes i do beleieve that should be a proity over the sd hack . whats the point on having a phone if no one wants to talk to you. dont get me wrong i would love to see thim work on the sd hack but basics should be first. i have been keep up with the thread and hearing about members with different types of cams are having problem with the back cam not working .
4) yea i have been looking into that but not many in the market im looking for the mega beast battery without having to get a extended cover :(
5) i do have a tether guide up for that but... it doesnt work with this rom even tho someone said it does.... but i just found out we dont even need a third party to do a hotspot. i just turn on the stock hotspot and it worked on my xbox . but i will test on other devices when i get home.
6) i know my girl has the LG G3.. got it for her bday... i think im going to start to learn to dev.. i would love to port her rom into our phone :)

OK, did a total clean wipe and GPS still does not work and confirmed. It was working in the old versions so something got lost along the way. I also have a theory about the USB tethering and will be looking up those answers now. I'll also look into pdanet as an alternative, although I would rather not have to pay for something the ROM should already be built to do. I'd rather buy hroark a 6 pack. :P

Back
Top Bottom