• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

Hello and thank you to everyone involved in this project.
My Metropcs F6 arrived today and I just installed CM11
while installing Gapps the installation was aborted but it seemed like everything still installed? anyways I havnt had any FC yet and the only bug i seem to be having is no back camera theres not even a option in the camera app to swap cams.

I did supply the link for it.

Here is a new version. It's a bit more polished... Still working on camcorder.. It's not detecting the voice microphone. That is why it's not loud. Once I figure it out, I will post a new version. link

What happened to hroark ?

I am here

just not sure what to do, not sure if it is worth putting time into this because i do not think I can get wifi calling and the qremote to work with it

im not even sure what needs fixing, some people say stuff works and others say it does not

I am here

just not sure what to do, not sure if it is worth putting time into this because i do not think I can get wifi calling and the qremote to work with it

im not even sure what needs fixing, some people say stuff works and others say it does not

dont mind wifi calling and qremote, theyre not native from cM11

first focus on the important D:

vibration still is an issue, the random reboots and the screen not wanting to wake from lockscreen should be priority :o

people should know that going on a stock android rom means leaving away carrier exclusive functions. wifi calling is build on tmobile software, and qremote is build on lg software, so we knew we'd loose them when we flash this, but the random reboots are killing this rom D:

have the core stuff working first and then add the GPS and all the extras later. But a working base rom should comes first, this rom is not really that far away from stable if you fix those 3 issues. They seem to be problems that everybody has so equality n.n

I am here

Honest opinion? WiFi calling and Quickremote are both LG specific items. If folks want them they can stick to the stock or modified stock Roms.

This is a good build. As you stated it needs some debugging. My GPS was terrible (however I was inside so take that with a grain of salt) and I did experience the vibration issue after long pressing an app in the trebuchet app drawer that has been reported. Signal strength also doesn't seem as strong as stock (not the bars, actual self reported numbers by the phone).

I am here

Can you please fix the echo while on a call I hear the other person fine but the other caller hears themselves echo. Also they say I sound low.

Wifi calling, OK, I can live without.

But without QRemote I don't need this ROM.

G2 got QRemote on CM11 build btw.

Yeah, I stick to the KK port by hroark13.

There are some issues on that port too, such as Isis not working.

Isis, btw, will never work on CM11, just to let you know.

I am here

Well it is diffrent due to the different hardware revisions I'm on rev one that's like 6 months old and I'm having almost no problems

Ok, what we need currently from my perspective

1. Getting all camera drivers working with the CM with all of different camera modules.
2. QRemote- I know it may not be just simple as saying it but what if you could get it from the L90's Kitkat or even D505's? Reverse engineering? :)
3. Vibration, we want some jiggle but not earthquake
4.Camcoder with proper working mic.

That's all I could think of and honestly, no one really uses WIFI calling. If they can't get reception in certain area, they are mostly likely to change their carriers or stick with landline or something. True its handy but out of most chances, we can deal with this world with out it.

And also, Hoarark, you should let us file bugs and etc on the bug page for unofficial builds also so that more people can see it and see what you can work on next by determine the number of people having same problems, etc.

I mean keep up the good work! I literarly gave up on Kitkat for F6 and it seems like you are the only hope we have left in American F6's users (Hate you European users [D505])

I am here

I'll contribute time in the next couple days to seeing what is needed to get wifi calling and qremote to work.
Don't worry too much about those, as other's have said, they're LG-specific.
It'd probably be better to figure out how to get the IR blaster on the F6 compatible with other apps.

Hey Roark why don't u add OC and make it more stable using kernel tweaks? Just suggestions you never know you may be able to get our cams fixed by using another phones libs that have the same cam

i dont understand

there is no stock 4.4.2

what do you mean

details details details

I meam the euro stock 4.4.2 lol i tested with your other 4.4.2 and then i flashed.CM11, installed the patch and it sounds about the same, called from my comp to my phone and still sounds about the same as in your rom 4.4.2

I meam the euro stock 4.4.2 lol i tested with your other 4.4.2 and then i flashed.CM11, installed the patch and it sounds about the same, called from my comp to mt phone amd still sounds aboyt the same as in your rom 4.4.2

so I guess that means it is good

all sound related issues are now considered fixed

Back
Top Bottom