• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

From my experience using MS500 hardware rev 1. The only issues were mainly software related e.g. vibration and random reboots. I didn't test tethering, so I can't comment on that issue. The only things that I'd miss from going LG JB to CM would be WiFi calling, Qremote and ISIS Wallet, but none of these are critical and I don't expect support for these things on an AOSP ROM anyhow. I suggest to people submitting bugs, consider posting which phone you have and the hardware revision. Mentioning "xxx doesn't work on my phone" doesn't help hroark get to the bottom of it.

please instruct on how to do so

From what I understand about the vibration function, is that there are three files you could modify to fix the issue, I believe. First, The Android Policies jar in framework, The CM11 hardware wrapper for generic drivers, and the actual hardware driver for our board. If you change one of those, it will have an effect. I am not sure which one it is that is causing the problems. If I had more time off of work, I would be able to find it. Once inside one of those, look for the section for them.. In the driver it's a serialized bus pushing (x) voltage to a pin and drawing ground on the other. In the wrapper, it calls it the feedback motor, and in the android Policies, it is referred to as haptic feedback. I have had time to take a look at the policies, and have already found that it is in there, just haven't had time to recompile the jar together.

-------------------------------------------------

I realize that I don't always follow through with projects, and it makes people shy away from the information I provide. I am sorry. I truthfully do my coding when I should be sleeping. I work on average, 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. On the 7th, I am busy with wedding plans, looking for a new house for me and my future wife, and doing house duties. I wish I would help more, and will when time permits. This phone is my current daily driver, and I do have CM11 on it. I have been tweaking things when I am on break at work to fix some issues I have had. The only one that urks me right now, is the LCD going black after a call or certain tasks. And that forces me to do a battery pull...

What I have found using this rom that needs to be fixed.

1. LCD Dying on me
  2. Random reboots (not really an issue for me. I don't usually get them)
  3. Camcorder volume (Working on this now)
  4. IR (not really an issue)
  5. GPS on high accuracy makes the phone overheat (I have had this on another phone, when I remember what it was, I will try and patch it)
  6. Camera button (You could can patch some code into the framework and settings file from the originals on JB, or something like that)
  7. Some bluetooth devices can't connect. (my Ilive boombox)
  8. Vibration** (Just posted about in in here above)
I can see what I can help with when time permits. Love ya all..

From what I understand about the vibration function, is that there are three files you could modify to fix the issue, I believe. First, The Android Policies jar in framework, The CM11 hardware wrapper for generic drivers, and the actual hardware driver for our board. If you change one of those, it will have an effect. I am not sure which one it is that is causing the problems. If I had more time off of work, I would be able to find it. Once inside one of those, look for the section for them.. In the driver it's a serialized bus pushing (x) voltage to a pin and drawing ground on the other. In the wrapper, it calls it the feedback motor, and in the android Policies, it is referred to as haptic feedback. I have had time to take a look at the policies, and have already found that it is in there, just haven't had time to recompile the jar together.

I realize that I don't always follow through with projects, and it makes people shy away from the information I provide. I am sorry. I truthfully do my coding when I should be sleeping. I work on average, 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. On the 7th, I am busy with wedding plans, looking for a new house for me and my future wife, and doing house duties. I wish I would help more, and will when time permits. This phone is my current daily driver, and I do have CM11 on it. I have been tweaking things when I am on break at work to fix some issues I have had. The only one that urks me right now, is the LCD going black after a call or certain tasks. And that forces me to do a battery pull...

1. LCD Dying on me
  5. GPS on high accuracy makes the phone overheat (I have had this on another phone, when I remember what it was, I will try and patch it)
  6. Camera button (You could can patch some code into the framework and settings file from the originals on JB, or something like that)

Nothing but respect man and that was the realist stuff I've heard so do what u do cuz it is appreciated

1. LCD Dying on me

all sound related issues have been fixed in that patch, that is what rolgar says

okay so i confirm that the vibrate issue is the intensity, since when i get a call with vibration on when it rings it gives the issue, i downloaded an xposed tweak to lower down the vibration ringer intensity and called again and now it didnt do the problem anymore :O i am not good enough do modify the zip but im trying my best to narrow don this prolem

Soon after hroark hammers out the bugs on the other f6s then could you see if we could go official

dont think thats gonna happen

I have never made a Cyanogen MOD rom that went official

I am not willing to jump threw hoops for anyone to get it to be so

Sync with CM Sources
This new build has the sound fix
Vibrator should not bug out any more
Some other changes that may help stability, so possible fix for reboots
I put back all the files I removed, so GPS should work again, I will clean it up and get rid of unneeded files sometime in the future

https://www.mediafire.com/?4n8xq11a4j6fwpj
md5sum bb6f4f2a22aeda461e7b114e1581f987

test it out and report back

test everything, everything, there may be some surprises

no complaints about stuff that has not been fixed yet or features it does not have, I getting a little tired of post that sound like the person is whining

if this ROM is not stable enough for you or it does not have features you want, than do not use it, its very simple, you do not have to write a post that your not going to use it, no one is interested, and it sound like your whining. If you feel you need to tell people you are not using it because it is unstable or lacks features, why don

Sync with CM Sources
This new build has the sound fix
Vibrator should not bug out any more
Some other changes that may help stability, so possible fix for reboots
I put back all the files I removed, so GPS should work again, I will clean it up and get rid of unneeded files sometime in the future

https://www.mediafire.com/?4n8xq11a4j6fwpj
md5sum bb6f4f2a22aeda461e7b114e1581f987

test it out and report back

test everything, everything, there may be some surprises

no complaints about stuff that has not been fixed yet or features it does not have, I getting a little tired of post that sound like the person is whining

if this ROM is not stable enough for you or it does not have features you want, than do not use it, its very simple, you do not have to write a post that your not going to use it, no one is interested, and it sound like your whining. If you feel you need to tell people you are not using it because it is unstable or lacks features, why don’t you send yourself a PM

Since this is still Beta everyone who uses it understands that it has bugs
Wooot!!!! Let me charge my phone and will flash ASAP

funny thing i actually dreamt that there was a fix for the screen gone black lol

the vibrate issue is fixed with long pressing the screen I think

not sure about receiving a call, so I need you to test that

I can not receive calls on this phone it is not active

the vibrate issue is fixed with long pressing the screen I think

not sure about receiving a call, so I need you to test that

I can not receive calls on this phone it is not active

i fixed it with a xposed tweak, my phone is at 30% i dont know if its safe to back up and install with that low battery

Sync with CM Sources

if this ROM is not stable enough for you or it does not have features you want, than do not use it, its very simple, you do not have to write a post that your not going to use it, no one is interested, and it sound like your whining. If you feel you need to tell people you are not using it because it is unstable or lacks features, why don

dont think thats gonna happen

I have never made a Cyanogen MOD rom that went official

I am not willing to jump threw hoops for anyone to get it to be so

You made the official AndroidForums F6 KitKat and CM11 ports, as they're the only ones in the community that are officially supported by the community.

I'll be testing out the CM11 mod on 2 different F6s later today, along with texting/calling from both to different ROMs.

Back
Top Bottom