• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

Ok, another update. Failed to get the USB tether to work so far. My next idea is to try and download the drivers for the version Hroark is building from and see if maybe that will trigger the tethering option on the device. I'm pretty much assuming everything on the inside is the 505 with a few module changes in the kernel for different hardware and text files that identify with this new hardware. Anybody experienced with this that can tell me if I'm right or wrong about this?

Flash this, and then try your sound... I upped everything just a dab.. but I really upped the mic on the other end because it was real low.. I called my other f6 (stock) and it was loud... loud enough.. (almost too much)

Link

Ok, another update. Failed to get the USB tether to work so far. My next idea is to try and download the drivers for the version Hroark is building from and see if maybe that will trigger the tethering option on the device. I'm pretty much assuming everything on the inside is the 505 with a few module changes in the kernel for different hardware and text files that identify with this new hardware. Anybody experienced with this that can tell me if I'm right or wrong about this?
With my history of USB tethering across multiple phones, it's usually due to a lack of proper drivers on the OS. XP was really good at this, not sure how 7/8 fair, though.

I just confirmed that it is the ROM and not my OS. Using logcat, I see a message that immediately says it fails to turn on or off usb tethering.

Has anyone tried the sound fix yet? I'm sure it works, because it worked for me, however, I would like some info from others about it.

I went to that "link" where is the part to flash? I also installed the stock camera, but it won't work. It says it has stopped working.

Flash this, and then try your sound... I upped everything just a dab.. but I really upped the mic on the other end because it was real low.. I called my other f6 (stock) and it was loud... loud enough.. (almost too much)

Link

The link just goes to "cloud storage".

Okay will look it up on my computer. Thanks. One other question. Which. GAPPS do I download? I've tried a couple of them but it always errors out before installing.

When I start this ROM. It starts fine but within 5 minutes all the Google stuff starts stopping or not responding. Also some of the other things that I have also stop responding. Thank you for all the help ahead of time. :-)

The audio fix didn't work for me and I had trouble hearing as well as the other person hearing me in a call. For now, I've had to switch back to the standard rom because this rom just isn't quite ready yet for a daily driver.

The audio fix didn't work for me and I had trouble hearing as well as the other person hearing me in a call. For now, I've had to switch back to the standard rom because this rom just isn't quite ready yet for a daily driver.

It's not meant to up everything to ear drumming volumes.. Just a little. And it pushes up your mic for them to hear up a lot so they can hear you, and your ear piece is up just a little as well..

I too am having issues with the back camera. Just did a fresh install on a new F6 that was bought today. The camera works fine on my F6 though :/

The Gapps in this thread don't work correctly for some reason, that is why it crashed.. Use this Gapps: Link

I found the link and installed it. I then installed Google newsstand and power file manager. Both crash as son as I try to open them. On the bright side it seems to fix the other Google stuff from crashing. 😂

Just got done downloading it. I will be testing it out on my F6 D500 Tmobile. Im currently running GT Xperiom MS500 rom with no issues. I gave my gf my t989 cause I wanted LTE phone cheap. She has HellKat Kit 4.4.2. So I have been jealous of that.

I cant wait for the progress of this room. I know its a far cry but if we can get the bootload unlocked, maybe we can fix the ******** setup of the internal memory. I have been using 16gb sd card with 4gb ext4 partition and Link2sd to fix memory issue.

Hello and thank you to everyone involved in this project.
My Metropcs F6 arrived today and I just installed CM11
while installing Gapps the installation was aborted but it seemed like everything still installed? anyways I havnt had any FC yet and the only bug i seem to be having is no back camera theres not even a option in the camera app to swap cams.

Hello and thank you to everyone involved in this project.
My Metropcs F6 arrived today and I just installed CM11
while installing Gapps the installation was aborted but it seemed like everything still installed? anyways I havnt had any FC yet and the only bug i seem to be having is no back camera theres not even a option in the camera app to swap cams.

Yeah you habe incompatible drivers for the camera, no fix yet sorry bro,

Back
Top Bottom