• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

I don't think LogCat will work, I'll try.

I ran android system info app and it wouldn't load because it's not supported.

If I have the wrong version then shouldn't I just be able to patch the drivers? Or couldn't the drivers be added to the rom, and just contain drivers for both? Especially since there's only two?

hroark tried to put the drivers from 4.1.2 on the kernel and made somebody flash it and see if it worked but it didnt, i guess it needs the US 4.4.2 and we dont even think well have that... untill the US 4.4.2 gets updated i dont think you'll have the rear camera.... unless somebody finds a way for the 4.1.2 drivers to work, and like i said hroark tried and he couldnt.

go to this page http://androidforums.com/metropcs-o...beta-4-4-4-cyanogenmod-11-0-unofficial-9.html

thats where the conversetion was....

Not to be an @$$ but metro has the L70 with 4.4 for $49 right now. I think I'm just going to buy that, same specs anyway. Might be worth it for those who really want kit kat fully functional. I really appreciate all the hard work from every one but just wanted to mention another option for those who can't wait. At that price I'm tempted to go buy one today and pass this phone to my son.

Same specs nope look closely... No LTE, VGA front camera, lower battery life, lower PPI, no ir blaster.... You have no idea what the hell you're talking about. And we already have a fully functional and stable kitkat ROM. CM 11 is not fully stable but there is a stock LG 4.4.2 ROM. Please do some research before you post something like this...

I did.
Fixed stuff that I tested:
-No more vibration when moving app from drawer to home. I only used Google Now Launcher.
-Calls were apparently louder.

Not working from what I tested:
-Turned on Speakerphone, no sound from other caller, then Kernel crash.
-NFC

I did.
Fixed stuff that I tested:
-No more vibration when moving app from drawer to home. I only used Google Now Launcher.
-Calls were apparently louder.

Not working from what I tested:
-Turned on Speakerphone, no sound from other caller, then Kernel crash.
-NFC

ok thanks

Please hroark13 tell me we can get this kernel issue fixed. It's driving me nuts. I'm gonna have to revert back to rom 2 cause I need speaker phone and to make phone calls without fear of kernel crashes, which happen quite often to me for whatever reason. You fixed the vibration freeze thing and wake lock freeze like a boss, but now the kernel crashes. I have to pick the lesser of the two evils and go with the random reboots over this kernel crash thing. I know you hate whining but i thought i had to bring this to your attention again so as to establish a sense of urgency with the matter. I also know you're working on multiple roms at once, so i thought i shed a little light on what's important to your followers and supporters. I'm not asking for miracles nor do I expect them nor do I expect you to report back to me with updates or anything like that. I think you're a genius and true humanitarian and as soon as I start working again I vow to donate. You deserve that and more. I hope you know you have made a serious impact in all LG owner's lives and the way we manage them.

if you flash this zip
snd_test

which has sound files

does it still crash ?

I am not able to test calling

Metro does not allow me to take the SIM card from my S4 and put it into the F6

and they website does not allow me to switch phones either, and I really have better things to do then to call them

The speakerphone works consistently without crashing however the volume is very low. Even with all my volumes maxed out, sitting in a quiet room I had to strain to hear the other party.

if you flash this zip
snd_test

which has sound files

does it still crash ?

I am not able to test calling

Metro does not allow me to take the SIM card from my S4 and put it into the F6

and they website does not allow me to switch phones either, and I really have better things to do then to call them

The speakerphone works consistently without crashing however the volume is very low. Even with all my volumes maxed out, sitting in a quiet room I had to strain to hear the other party.

I flashed the zip and it fixed the kernal crash issue, however volume is very low like t SonjaMichelle said. I'm looking around in the files to find the volume value.

I did get tethering to work on any device, however.

-First you need an app like Rom Toolbox Pro so you can edit the build.prop
-Find "ro.product.locale.region" and change from "US" to "EU"
-Download the app "Wifi Tether Router"
-On first run just leave the setting as is.
-You can change the SSID and encryption in settings. Encryption tested and working on open, or WPA.
-Run the app.

Your hotspot will now show up on all devices (posting this now from laptop using hotspot)

Edit: Here's a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arQ82wA4xgI&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-23-11-20-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-23-11-20-11.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 73
I flashed the zip and it fixed the kernal crash issue, however volume is very low like t SonjaMichelle said. I'm looking around in the files to find the volume value.

-You can change the SSID and encryption in settings. Encryption tested and working on open, or WPA.
-Run the app.

Your hotspot will now show up on all devices (posting this now from laptop using hotspot)

Volume is low? Hmm...wanna try this? Hopefully it fixes in-call volume

Just flash it. In twrp or cwm which ever one you have

http://www.mediafire.com/?db194xx54rbrfti

Volume is low? Hmm...wanna try this? Hopefully it fixes in-call volume

Just flash it. In twrp or cwm which ever one you have

volumefix

Flashed the zip. No noticeable difference.

Call volume is bearable, but almost impossible for me to hear the speaker phone.

hroark13:
Is the Beta4 you posted good to go? I saw another user had tried it, and I'm downloading it to update from beta3. If it is then you might want to update the first post so that it has a beta4 link.

cm11_f6mt_beta4

-Run the app.

Working without a user agent?

You can switch phones by just dialing *228
It takes effect pretty much immediately.

it does not work for me

I have an AIO / Cricket Galaxy S4 I use for my daily driver

If I want to switch to the LG phone, I have to call Metro, and then when I want to switch back I have to call them again

*228 does not work either way
The website upgrade / change phone does not work either way

I have to call them, and I am a little tired of doing that

When I was Cricket I was able to take my Cricket SIM and put it inside another phone and it just worked, as long as the phone was AT&T or was unlocked

I am seriously thinking of switching back to Cricket for this one reason

I've looked through the thread and I look daily. Is the reboots sorted? I see mixed comments on it. If it was just that 1 thing fixed I could use this as my daily driver. I have tried different launchers and all. Tbh I don't even know if it is a actual reboot or if it just crashes and reloads home screen.

I've looked through the thread and I look daily. Is the reboots sorted? I see mixed comments on it. If it was just that 1 thing fixed I could use this as my daily driver. I have tried different launchers and all. Tbh I don't even know if it is a actual reboot or if it just crashes and reloads home screen.

reboots and dead screen are not fixed

Back
Top Bottom