• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

i havent messed with l2sd since cm isnt final n will b flashing a lot but on jb with xperion i used l2sd n i personally used aparted but u can partition sd card on compm. the first partition is the one it will use so make that the size u want added to internal.. i had to set it as ext4 not fat32 to be able to link game data with the pro version.. worked great for me.. there is also a thread on l2sd here i believe

I was having problems in the past since I didn't have the plus version of l2sd, but I've got the working plus version now.

I think you have the partitions backwards though. It seems I have on that is fat32, and one is ext4. I made the ext4 about 20g, the fat32 about 12. If I download an app from the play store and install it, then use l2sd it throws it on the second partition which holds nothing except app data, and isn't easily accessible unless you look inside the /mnt/ folder in root.

probably.. veen a while since i set it up id have to read the thread on it again..
Something else i noticed maybe i missed the solution.. but my time and date is wrong from the network n i had to set it manually

I can confirm that the kernel crash when trying to use the speaker phone is a consistently reproducible bug.

Kernel_Crash.jpg

You have to pull the battery each time to reboot the phone.

Hey man can you post a clearer version of that pic enough where I can read

Why would it not work?

Well on beta 1 I read that someone had tried to install xposed and discovered it wasn't working. however, I tried it for myself and when I rebooted to finish the install, I got stuck in a boot loop and had to unbrick with kdz. Ever since then I've been weary about installing it (not wanting to get soft bricked). That's all. I just thought I'd ask before I screw up and have to restore my phone back how I like it.
Next question: does anyone know about if that link folder 2 sd module works on kit Kat, with all the write to SD restrictions and all? (I mean i used the play store fix by jrummy for 3rd party apps. But I hope I can link the folders with that mod like I did on GTs ROM.)

Well on beta 1 I read that someone had tried to install xposed and discovered it wasn't working. however, I tried it for myself and when I rebooted to finish the install, I got stuck in a boot loop and had to unbrick with kdz. Ever since then I've been weary about installing it (not wanting to get soft bricked). That's all. I just thought I'd ask before I screw up and have to restore my phone back how I like it.
Next question: does anyone know about if that link folder 2 sd module works on kit Kat, with all the write to SD restrictions and all? (I mean i used the play store fix by jrummy for 3rd party apps. But I hope I can link the folders with that mod like I did on GTs ROM.)
Theres a download 2 sd app, might help

I installed this rom just a bit ago, and I must say it's coming along amazingly.
Most of the problems that I did notice were just small things that are understandable, seeing as how it is still beta.

However, I am a bit curious about Expanded Desktop and whether it has plans to become available in this.

I also tried switching to ART to see what would happen, as I didn't notice anything about it being mentioned while scanning through the thread.
It resulted in the phone trying to optimize the apps, but having to start over each time when com.android.phone and NFC services stop responding. It would definitely be interesting to see this feature of KitKat up and running on this, even if ART is still unstable on all Cyanogen roms.

I'm looking forward to the future of this rom!
If I see any mention of what actually needs to be tested on it, I'll be sure to help out!

Also, I made a call just to test the speakerphone, since I saw others were saying it consistently crashed. But I didn't get a crash, it just didn't work for me. It essentially muted the speaker.

Xposed and gravity box worked no problem for me. I installed sd app fix for kit kat and used link2sd no problem. I havent tried the mod though because for some stupid reason my class 10 64gb will not partition correctly. my 16gb class 4 works correctly with the mod but runs to damn slow for it to be useful.

First thanks for this port. I'm new to this and I was able to get the ROM up and running but I did not did not install gapps on the fist pass. I then tried to reboot into recovery mode to install it but then the phone booted it shows the little green android robot and a status bar but then the phone will reboot into cm.

Any ideas on how to fix this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Well I've tried about everything I could think of to get my recovery program, cwm, to boot but with no luck. So then I tried to install the gapps using adb. This just ended up giving me a bunch of errors saying xzy app as stopped running unexpectedly. So then I thought I would do a factory reset. I did this earlier in the day and everything seemed to go ok but now my phone just gets stuck at the cyanogenmod splash screen and never finishes booting.... Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks!

Well I've tried about everything I could think of to get my recovery program, cwm, to boot but with no luck. So then I tried to install the gapps using adb. This just ended up giving me a bunch of errors saying xzy app as stopped running unexpectedly. So then I thought I would do a factory reset. I did this earlier in the day and everything seemed to go ok but now my phone just gets stuck at the cyanogenmod splash screen and never finishes booting.... Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks!
Boot into recovery and restore a working backup?

Thanks Hus. Unfortunately, I have not been able to boot into recovery since I installed cyanogenmod. At one point I would see the little green android bot show up but then the phone would just reboot into cm. Now I can't even get the bot to show up.

Back
Top Bottom