• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

Please hroark13 tell me we can get this kernel issue fixed. It's driving me nuts. I'm gonna have to revert back to rom 2 cause I need speaker phone and to make phone calls without fear of kernel crashes, which happen quite often to me for whatever reason. You fixed the vibration freeze thing and wake lock freeze like a boss, but now the kernel crashes. I have to pick the lesser of the two evils and go with the random reboots over this kernel crash thing. I know you hate whining but i thought i had to bring this to your attention again so as to establish a sense of urgency with the matter. I also know you're working on multiple roms at once, so i thought i shed a little light on what's important to your followers and supporters. I'm not asking for miracles nor do I expect them nor do I expect you to report back to me with updates or anything like that. I think you're a genius and true humanitarian and as soon as I start working again I vow to donate. You deserve that and more. I hope you know you have made a serious impact in all LG owner's lives and the way we manage them.

Hi Hroark, thanks again for building this rom and for your help.

Cyanogen doesn't boot any more it gets stuck at the splash screen with the robot face and the moving circle.

Boot into recovery and wipe cache. If that doesn't work boot into recovery and reflash the ROM. If that doesn't work boot into recovery and factory reset. Failing that KDZ.

Or, restore a cwm/twrp backup and see if that works.

what recovery were you using, show me the exact place you downloaded it from

I was using the CWM recovery posted here:
How to Flash a Custom Recovery on the LG Optimus F6 (T-Mobile) | TheUnlockr
The download link points to this post:
http://androidforums.com/tmobile-op...0-recovery-2nd-init-cwm-touch-v6-0-3-1-a.html

It worked to get me out off the factory rom and on to your rom but it didn't work after that. I tried a few things to reinstall it like rerunning the app but nothing helped. It wasn't till after I installed Cyanogen that I found your post on TWRP but at this point I couldn't get the CWM recovery program to fully boot so I couldn't install TWRP.

Thanks for your help.

I was using the CWM recovery posted here:
How to Flash a Custom Recovery on the LG Optimus F6 (T-Mobile) | TheUnlockr
The download link points to this post:
http://androidforums.com/tmobile-op...0-recovery-2nd-init-cwm-touch-v6-0-3-1-a.html

It worked to get me out off the factory rom and on to your rom but it didn't work after that. I tried a few things to reinstall it like rerunning the app but nothing helped. It wasn't till after I installed Cyanogen that I found your post on TWRP but at this point I couldn't get the CWM recovery program to fully boot so I couldn't install TWRP.

Thanks for your help.

you did not have a real recovery installed

you had the 2nd init recovery installed, and that gets over written, when you install a ROM

you need to do a KDZ restore

Not to be an @$$ but metro has the L70 with 4.4 for $49 right now. I think I'm just going to buy that, same specs anyway. Might be worth it for those who really want kit kat fully functional. I really appreciate all the hard work from every one but just wanted to mention another option for those who can't wait. At that price I'm tempted to go buy one today and pass this phone to my son.

IC. Thanks sorry I'm new to this. I'll do the KDZ restore.

One quick question, do you know if your rom makes Bluetooth Low Energy (Smart) work? I'm hoping to be able to use this phone to write some apps that use BLE.

Thanks

Please hroark13 tell me we can get this kernel issue fixed. It's driving me nuts. I'm gonna have to revert back to rom 2 cause I need speaker phone and to make phone calls without fear of kernel crashes, which happen quite often to me for whatever reason. You fixed the vibration freeze thing and wake lock freeze like a boss, but now the kernel crashes. I have to pick the lesser of the two evils and go with the random reboots over this kernel crash thing. I know you hate whining but i thought i had to bring this to your attention again so as to establish a sense of urgency with the matter. I also know you're working on multiple roms at once, so i thought i shed a little light on what's important to your followers and supporters. I'm not asking for miracles nor do I expect them nor do I expect you to report back to me with updates or anything like that. I think you're a genius and true humanitarian and as soon as I start working again I vow to donate. You deserve that and more. I hope you know you have made a serious impact in all LG owner's lives and the way we manage them.

here is a zip for you to test. and to be honest I do not know if the issues is fixed, because I can not make calls with my F6

so you will need to test it for me and tell me if the call and vibrate issues is gone

https://www.mediafire.com/?y7medhuux1vhksq

Reactions: Hus
Not to be an @$$ but metro has the L70 with 4.4 for $49 right now. I think I'm just going to buy that, same specs anyway. Might be worth it for those who really want kit kat fully functional. I really appreciate all the hard work from every one but just wanted to mention another option for those who can't wait. At that price I'm tempted to go buy one today and pass this phone to my son.

No LTE. NOPE

i dont find it fair that we need to buy a new phone because LG decided not to upgrade our phone, if its the same phone with same specs might not have LTE and IR then why should we change? i rather have this phone and hope devs get it working (which theyre doing amazing) but no, i dont think its fair to buy a new phone just because the update didnt came to this phone, this phone is pefectly fine.

The data is still kinda goofy. Slower than it is on other ROMs, and still occasionally reboots. I'm still gonna use this as my daily rom cause it's just much amaze. Thank you. 😘

it is funny that you say that

I am helping Sammyz try to get cm11 working on that phone right now

Oh, and one more thing, the mic on headphones don't work during calls, and the other person said they can hear themselves. I recall seeing this earlier in the thread but I'm too busy to try to hunt it down.

Looking forward to the Beta4 release.

So far the errors I have (sorry no logcats or images right now)
-Camera only allows front camera, can't switch to back camera.
-Can't use flashlight.
-Phone has a kernal crash when running AnTuTu benchmark.
-Phone has a kernal crash occasionally when making calls.
-Speaker phone causes kernal crash.
-Can't shut off the phone. (I don't know if this is the rom, or an advanced power menu I installed but I can't shut it off. If I pull the battery and plug it in then the phone automatically starts up.)

Edit:
Can't get GPS to work.

Looking forward to the Beta4 release.

So far the errors I have (sorry no logcats or images right now)
-Camera only allows front camera, can't switch to back camera.
-Can't use flashlight.
-Phone has a kernal crash when running AnTuTu benchmark.
-Phone has a kernal crash occasionally when making calls.
-Speaker phone causes kernal crash.
-Can't shut off the phone. (I don't know if this is the rom, or an advanced power menu I installed but I can't shut it off. If I pull the battery and plug it in then the phone automatically starts up.)

first two issues are because your camera is different from the one most of us have

Hey hroark13 you think there's a way you could use the l70 kitkat drivers on our f6 since they are similar? Or maybe mod there kernel to work with our device

Ok.

Do you know a way I can pull the info on what the camera is?

mmm nope maybe logicat and try to open the camera it should say the type but theres only two types, one that works and one that doesnt have the drivers on the kernel. most likely you have that one sorry mate :c

mmm nope maybe logicat and try to open the camera it should say the type but theres only two types, one that works and one that doesnt have the drivers on the kernel. most likely you have that one sorry mate :c

I don't think LogCat will work, I'll try.

I ran android system info app and it wouldn't load because it's not supported.

If I have the wrong version then shouldn't I just be able to patch the drivers? Or couldn't the drivers be added to the rom, and just contain drivers for both? Especially since there's only two?

Back
Top Bottom