• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

Is there a way to increase the in-call volume?? Everything else is perfect but i'm assuming it's something in the .Lib folder where you can adjust the in-call volume value, but I don't know which one.

I FOUND THE SOLUTION TO THE IN-CALL VOLUME FIX :). It wasn't my idea, but I found it online!

I used Root Explorer:
Mount R/W
Go to the etc folder and look for snd_soc_msm
Use the text editor to open "snd_soc_msm_2x"
and find these exact lines..

"SectionDevice
Name "Speaker"
Comment "Speaker Rx device"

EnableSequence
'PRI_RX Channels':0:Two
'RX5 MIX1 INP1':0:RX1
'RX5 MIX1 INP2':0:RX2
'RX6 DSM MUX':0SM_INV
'LINEOUT2 Volume':1:100%
'LINEOUT4 Volume':1:100%
'RX5 Digital Volume':1:65%
EndSequence"

You're going to edit "RX5 Digital Volume': 1:65%" and change the 65 to 70% ( in the text editor the percentages won't be visible so just type "70"), save and reboot and done! :)

Since I know it's a lot to scroll, I suggest searching the text file through the computer, but if you want to do it within the phone itself, then just scroll all the way to the middle and then scroll slowly and it won't be hard to navigate :)

Source:Increase Speaker Volume For All Sounds Cyano… | Verizon Galaxy S3 | XDA Forum

I take no credit, and I know the source says for the GS3, but I did it for the LG F6 like everyone else :D

I said that I knew how to fix the sound issues... and I know why we are crashing when speakerphone is enabled.. Ir's the config file for the sound driver...

Have there been any attempts to fix the issue with Bluetooth not staying connected. That's the only thing keeping me from using as a daily rom. I need the Bluetooth working for my job. I'm using the LG HBS800.

ah wipe does not matter me thinks

what I would like is a logcat from boot, and open camera

do you know how to do that ?

I FOUND THE SOLUTION TO THE IN-CALL VOLUME FIX :). It wasn't my idea, but I found it online!

Have you experienced an increase?

I'm not sure if my speaker phone volume increased, or it's just placebo.

I increased all the digitalvolume values I found. They were all 68, and I changed them all to 75.

How loud have you tested?

ah wipe does not matter me thinks

what I would like is a logcat from boot, and open camera

do you know how to do that ?

Yes, but I'm having a problem connecting my phone to ADB on my laptop. I've got the ALogRec but I'm not sure if that will start early enough to catch what you need. I'm working on getting ADB up so I can help

I increased all the digitalvolume values I found. They were all 68, and I changed them all to 85.

Here's a copy of mine if anyone wants to download it.
Simple File Sharing and Storage.

I increased all the digitalvolume values I found. They were all 68, and I changed them all to 75.

You only change the RX5 value, the rest you keep it at 68%
so it would be

"RX5 Digital Volume' : 1:70"

UPDATE: The speaker phone volume crumbles a bit (i'll play around with the settings) but the regular in-call volume works fine

I changed mine to 70 and it's the same as stock phone volume, speaker noticibly is louder. Make sure you don't forget to Mount R/W and then save the text file and reboot, tell me if you have any further issues. And if you wish to make it louder, go by 2s, because the differences between them is quite large and i'm sure you wouldn't want to mess up your speaker either, it increases the volume for speaker of the in-call and regular without speaker.

EDIT:
Xieon- I managed to get the in-call voice to work at stock volume, however, even though the speaker option is noticeably louder, it stills need more work (I'm not sure which value). Anyway, I played around with other values and managed to get that in-call voice to work at stock volume working like I said at the beginning. Would you like me to send you the file?

You only change the RX5 value, the rest you keep it at 68%
so it would be

"RX5 Digital Volume' : 1:70"

I changed mine to 70 and it's the same as stock phone volume, speaker noticibly is louder. Make sure you don't forget to Mount R/W and then save the text file and reboot, tell me if you have any further issues. And if you wish to make it louder, go by 2s, because the differences between them is quite large and i'm sure you wouldn't want to mess up your speaker either, it increases the volume for speaker of the in-call and regular without speaker.

I changed them all to 85.

Doesn't seem that loud or it will blow my speakers, but we'll see.

I changed them all to 85.

Doesn't seem that loud or it will blow my speakers, but we'll see.

I modified other settings, the speakers however is slightly louder, but I got the in-call volume without speaker to work more consistently and acceptable. I could give you the file if you want cause I played around with other values that I didn't keep track of. I'll keep playing with the settings and tell you what I come up with to get the speaker even louder.

Yes please send the file so I can look it over. Thanks. :)

And my YouTube video and media does play louder. Before I had to have it maxed out. Now I have room to spare.

Thanks!:) I got Speaker Volume working at stock (or I think a bit better than stock?) :) I changed settings for a different file

-----------

Can you PM me how to make the files flashable?... I'll tell you what I edited after but I just wanna know how to make it flashable so everyone else doesn't have to go scrolling through the whole thing looking for the codes lol

In this case you don't need to flash.

Just using a file explorer with root is fine. Copy the file, and paste in the location overwriting the file and reboot.

Off hand I DoNt know the exact steps to make a flsshable zip.

Hroark
In case you missed it there's no way to turn off the device except pulling battery. And when trying to charge with it off once plugged in phone starys automaticly.

Also thanks for all the work. When I can afford to I'll donate some :)

In this case you don't need to flash.

Just using a file explorer with root is fine. Copy the file, and paste in the location overwriting the file and reboot.

Off hand I DoNt know the exact steps to make a flsshable zip.

Hroark
In case you missed it there's no way to turn off the device except pulling battery. And when trying to charge with it off once plugged in phone starys automaticly.

Also thanks for all the work. When I can afford to I'll donate some :)

Here you go
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-XFKxkXVPh4MW5JYUF1cDZwZjg/edit?usp=sharing

replace snd_soc_msm_Sitar with this file. Make a back up first and then tell me if you found a difference in speaker volume when in-call. Don't forget to reboot after replacing the file.

I don't know if the camera problem has been fixed or not but I think if he makes each module for the different cameras to work, can't he just include all the drivers in one package and let the firmware detect what kind of camera it is and load the correct one? Just saying, I have not been on this thread for a while.... Sorry if i didn't catch up but I just couldn't get through 20 pages of posts.

Here you go
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-XFKxkXVPh4MW5JYUF1cDZwZjg/edit?usp=sharing

replace snd_soc_msm_Sitar with this file. Make a back up first and then tell me if you found a difference in speaker volume when in-call. Don't forget to reboot after replacing the file.

Wow. Its soo much louder. My phone started and I had a notification soo loud.

Nice job.

Also hroark tried putting everything in one, but it didn't work. The camera may not get fixed until a stock kitkat is released to work with. Eu already got the ota update, hopefully we get it soon

I don't know if the camera problem has been fixed or not but I think if he makes each module for the different cameras to work, can't he just include all the drivers in one package and let the firmware detect what kind of camera it is and load the correct one? Just saying, I have not been on this thread for a while.... Sorry if i didn't catch up but I just couldn't get through 20 pages of posts.

Isnt that what he is doing already?

I installed this ROM on LGMS500 FCC ID ZNFD500 H/W 1.0 Date 02/2014. My Problem is the dialer crashes the phone when i press red hang up and the speaker phone doesn't work at all'. I really want to use this ROM. I was thinking maybe there is a way to port the dialer from the euro port to this one because the dialer from that one works perfectly. I would use the euro port except i have to jump through hoops with the launcher

I installed this ROM on LGMS500 FCC ID ZNFD500 H/W 1.0 Date 02/2014. My Problem is the dialer crashes the phone when i press red hang up and the speaker phone doesn't work at all'. I really want to use this ROM. I was thinking maybe there is a way to port the dialer from the euro port to this one because the dialer from that one works perfectly. I would use the euro port except i have to jump through hoops with the launcher
I was way off base I think it says kernal crash I will pull the dump in a min

I was way off base I think it says kernal crash I will pull the dump in a min

He updated it a Beta 4 that got rid of the issue, look through the 20 pages, you'll find it, I know it's a lot but it's worth it lol, it reboots randomly at times and sometimes the screen won't turn on but just hold the power button and it'll reboot. It's no biggie, it's worth it trust me.

Back
Top Bottom