• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

Is this the same as Beta 4 or?... And did it get rid of the reboots by any chance?..

No no changes just latest source probebly didnt fix anything so yeah just beta 4 but I saw a commit in hroarks tree that (correct me if im wrong and might already be in beta 4 havent checked) might have something to do with the non working camera and again this is completely hroarks source

He updated it a Beta 4 that got rid of the issue, look through the 20 pages, you'll find it, I know it's a lot but it's worth it lol, it reboots randomly at times and sometimes the screen won't turn on but just hold the power button and it'll reboot. It's no biggie, it's worth it trust me.
I have beta 4. My problem is when i press the red hang up button or a call is ended by any other means ex.call dropped, other party hangs up i get a kernal crash. However if i press home and hang up from the drop down menu it hangs up fine also the speaker phone doesn't work. And i also have the screen turning off issue though turning the lock screen off seems to have taken care of the issue!

Is there a active link for the source code i would like to poke around with it for a bit maybe i can figure it out. I think the problem is when the dialer is open and the call is ended as soon as it goes to call the next screen (Speed Dial) it is getting conflicted some how. Also am i allowed to have the kernal source also how might i go about setting up my environment to vm this phone or can it be done I really love this rom I have the f3 and f6 and would really love to see this rom come to my f3 as well great work guys thank you so so much i was starting to think i would be stuck with jb forever

Is there a active link for the source code i would like to poke around with it for a bit maybe i can figure it out. I think the problem is when the dialer is open and the call is ended as soon as it goes to call the next screen (Speed Dial) it is getting conflicted some how. Also am i allowed to have the kernal source also how might i go about setting up my environment to vm this phone or can it be done I really love this rom I have the f3 and f6 and would really love to see this rom come to my f3 as well great work guys thank you so so much i was starting to think i would be stuck with jb forever

Yeah of course you can poke around the source here is hroarks kernel and android source https://github.com/hroark13/lge_f6mt_aosp

I have beta 4. My problem is when i press the red hang up button or a call is ended by any other means ex.call dropped, other party hangs up i get a kernal crash. However if i press home and hang up from the drop down menu it hangs up fine also the speaker phone doesn't work. And i also have the screen turning off issue though turning the lock screen off seems to have taken care of the issue!

Mhmm did you factory wipe?.. doesn't seem to happen to me.. and damn, I just tested what you said about the lock screen and you're right, but that's the most important security feature :(... You think downloading another lock screen will be able to keep it secure while not letting the screen shut off? :/

EDIT: It just rebooted even without lockscreen soo.... And I can give you the file to have the speaker working.. READ

ok i dont know if this helps but ive noticed the random crashes seem to happen when the phone is idle for some time and i start an app.. like pandora. phone will b idle. i start it. after a few secs or a few mins.. both have happened.. the phone will crash.. i have tested with other apps too like tether and the same thing happens... but it only seems to happen when i kill the screen.. if i keep the screen on the phone stays going... but if i kill the screen right after an app is started it will crash randomly. This happened this morning and it rebooted into safe mode. restarted again got stuck in a boot loop. removed batt n restarted.. started normal

I haven't had one crash or reboot since disabling the lock screen. I do still have the hang up problem though i have followed all directions for wipe and flash.

You know what I'm saying it.... Since no on else is saying it there will be no updates he abandoned us ...end of story ....your on your own... Fix your own bug. There will never be a final release not this ROM. Don't like it go back to stock .... Don't wait on a fix just as fast as he came and bought us hope ..... Is just as fast as he left.. Either get a better phone ... Or stop your crying be happy with what you got then what you don't have

You know what I'm saying it.... Since no on else is saying it there will be no updates he abandoned us ...end of story ....your on your own... Fix your own bug. There will never be a final release not this ROM. Don't like it go back to stock .... Don't wait on a fix just as fast as he came and bought us hope ..... Is just as fast as he left.. Either get a better phone ... Or stop your crying be happy with what you got then what you don't have

Or hroark has a life outside developing.

That's a bit harsh. Not to mention, it's a bit out of place. Hroark has a life like all of us. I'm not here to fight or start problems with anyone, but no need to be rude like that. Oh, one more thing. For a matter of fact, I know there are people still working on this rom.

Just because hroark doesnt post in like a week doesnt mean uts abandoned

For those having issues with phone restarting after lockscreen.
**go to setting lockscreen botton behivor And disable ( unchecked )all. For home n menu botton
** go to display disable lockscreen animations
** download any lockscreen app of your preference.
** Reboot
Problems with restart shold be solved.

That's a bit harsh. Not to mention, it's a bit out of place. Hroark has a life like all of us. I'm not here to fight or start problems with anyone, but no need to be rude like that. Oh, one more thing. For a matter of fact, I know there are people still working on this rom.
I think that's the harsh truth. I don't think he was dissing hroark13, I think he was just stating the facts. I have no doubt that hroark has life outside of these forums and android development, and that's good, the man has his own life and he should live it the way he wants to, but that also means that hroark doesn't have much time to devote to F6 developemnts. Also, consider the fact that F6 is not even his main phone, in fact, his F6 is not even in service, hroark can't make or receive calls on his F6 which makes development so much harder. I know it may be too soon to tell, but it does look like hroark is abandoning development, so personally, I'm not holding any hopes for this ROM. Big thanks to hroark for giving it a try and getting it this far, but it looks like we may never get a fully functioning CM on this phone.

Hroark said that already he gets these ROMs started and leaves it to other people to continue working on it. He said he never made an official CM ROM and won't jump through hoops to do it. I'm no developer but a bunch of people are still trying to fix bugs and get this fully functional. Thanks to everyone who put in effort on this.

if I were to flash this Rom.....or...the beautiful KK port....or DANA....or XPERION....

I would do something I learned in school...FIRST!!!

read....read the warning

READ THE WARNING.....all Rom's are posted with instruction....

only after you are warned that the person that provided you with the ability to "pimp"out your perfectly working phone......

is NOT liable for what happens to your phone after you take it upon yourself to attempt and hopefully apply his creation successfully....

....OR NOT...

I have yet to try his CM port...because I have read the thread ...entirely.....

it's not complete enough for me....I'm not going to join in the complaining....he wants people to understand and possibly help him....if not help themselves....

not flash their phones and complain about what didn't work...without realizing it's a on going process.....

he doesn't have to help....he doesn't owe you anything....you do what you do on your own accord.....

there are working Rom's that are completed....this is a Rom in the works...

when you boast about having a CM Rom on your phone..to your friends....do you even credit him..and his abilities?.....

probably not.....

note did you read the warning and realize what it meant......

I appreciate his efforts....I appreciate his patience........

show some appreciation....and realize...

you do what you do own your own...and READ....

I'm lucky the devs talk to me when I complain...and i take their instruction serious......but,I don't forget...

I was warned.....in big eye catching colorful fonts in most cases.....

you were warned too.....

p.s.KK PORT IS BEAUTIFUL.....

IF any of you are having issues with volume or echo at the other end (caller).with SQlite editor you can fix issues you need ROOT
** Open SQLite editor
** Open Setting Storage
** Open Settin.db
** Open system
** Click on name so you can browse by names
** Look for volume_ Voice.. click hit the little pencil on top change value to 45 click save and do the same in volume_Voice_earpiece
reboot if u want but dont realy hav2
VOILA...!!!!!

I hav a question??
Why the (adreno)LibGLES.adreno.so and CMadreno.so were removed
And we are running on stock gpu Card

For those having issues with phone restarting after lockscreen.
**go to setting lockscreen botton behivor And disable ( unchecked )all. For home n menu botton
** go to display disable lockscreen animations
** download any lockscreen app of your preference.
** Reboot
Problems with restart shold be solved.

Did all of that except download an alternative lockscreen and it still happens.

Back
Top Bottom