• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Odin (Return phone to Stock/Factory)

Have you tried mobile odin

Have you used it on the Prevail yet? I heard a while back that it wouldn't even work with this phone.

@ VCE, I'm pretty sure that you are correct in your assumption. I haven't met anyone yet that has had mobile Odin working on the Prevail.

I tried updating the driver, said that it was already up to date. i restarted the computer, and it still didn't recognize thew driver.

Open your device manager on your computer......... Under "View" click "Show Hidden Devices", then go to the Universal Bus Section and delete ( Uninstall ) everything in there .... Then reboot your computer with nothing attached to any USB ports and let Windfows install the USB ports on your computer. Once this is done, use either the 32-bit or 64-bit driver ( depending on your Windows version, Right click MY Computer, Properties ).....

32-bit driver : http://db.tt/eGN4acLK

64-bit driver : http://db.tt/IlIkQ4BV

Can you give us a little more detailed information on what you wanna do, what zip file you are taqlking about ( file name ) and what you did so far.

It's hard to determine without knowing a little more..... ;)

why cant i get the com port mapping part to be yellow and it doesnt look like the file is zipped. please help!

There are two common reasons that the com port wouldn't be showing... the phone isn't in downloading mode, or the drivers aren't correctly installed.

And if you're asking about UNzipping the file, you need 7zip or winar or some other utility for opening archives. If you mean zipping a file... then I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish. The instructions don't say anything about zipping any file.

first time rooter here...so, i messed up and put the boot file in when doing odin, now its been close to an hour with odin still going stuck on data.rfs download, anything i can do?

first time rooter here...so, i messed up and put the boot file in when doing odin, now its been close to an hour with odin still going stuck on data.rfs download, anything i can do?

Don't panic, you're at little risk of damaging anything... Unplug the phone, reboot again to downloading mode, and try again... You may want to download the Odin image again though... Your dl may have been corrupt

EDIT- I only recommended this because it was stuck on the /data partition... if it was stuck somewhere else it could have ended tragically... THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE NOT MEANT FOR ANYONE ELSE... THEY PERTAIN SPECIFICALLY TO JACKRUBY'S SITUATION

hii, please i need helpp, i got my s2 rooted yesterday and to day they send me an update called fh29, so i called the guy who root the phon for me an he told me to do it, so i did the update, and then a yellow triangle appear on the screen for like an houer so i restart the phone, now is showing the boost mobile logo and dont boot, i dont know what to do. its on the main screen, and i cant go into the phone.
. please heeelpppp,. thanksssss very much

hii, please i need helpp, i got my s2 rooted yesterday and to day they send me an update called fh29, so i called the guy who root the phon for me an he told me to do it, so i did the update, and then a yellow triangle appear on the screen for like an houer so i restart the phone, now is showing the boost mobile logo and dont boot, i dont know what to do. its on the main screen, and i cant go into the phone.

This is the prevail Not That s2 threads. You might want to go over to the S 2 threads they might have a better answer for you for your device.

Hi,

you know that is the "Samsung Prevail Rooting Section", right ? What's an s2 ?

PS: cwhatever beat me !!!! LOL ;)

Also for future reference never ever do an update when your phone is rooted.

Hey guys, ive done this procedure before, ive gotten odin to load the ff19, but its not properly rooted, it has superuser, but no access. I can easily get the rooted ed13 to work, its properly rooted from just the odin, but it wont update properly after i remove the bloat apps.
Ive tried the ff19 multiple times is it just broken root? i see that 16's been re-linked, i guess ill try it. I'm mainly looking to remove the bloat, i dont mind loosing root once i remove the bloat

im trying the FA19 with CWM5, hope it goes well

thanks guys

Why don't you just install cwm, then half ass ROM (which is stock designed to work with koumakernel) then you can have the stock fully rooted ROM and be able to benefit from all the extra storage.space?

Ive tried using z4root gingerbreak and I think it was superoneclick and they all wont root my phone if I download EJ06 Gingerbread Rooted
Image with CWM5 made by Chin Checka will it downgrade and/or root my phone?

Ive tried using z4root gingerbreak and I think it was superoneclick and they all wont root my phone if I download EJ06 Gingerbread Rooted
Image with CWM5 made by Chin Checka will it downgrade and/or root my phone?

There is no one click root for the phone... those methods have been patched. If you follow the root for dummies guide (stickied to the top) you will have a rooted phone (running a custom rom) in no time.

Ej06 is a fairly old version. Ff19 is the newest version. If you install ej06 you will be almost immediately prompted by an update... which will break root again.

There is no one click root for the phone... those methods have been patched. If you follow the root for dummies guide (stickied to the top) you will have a rooted phone (running a custom rom) in no time.

Ej06 is a fairly old version. Ff19 is the newest version. If you install ej06 you will be almost immediately prompted by an update... which will break root again.
Thanks I just thought that I needed to downgrade

Back
Top Bottom