• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Odin (Return phone to Stock/Factory)

I was wondering if we could bring up these links.

DOWNLOAD FF19 Gingerbread Rooted by Koumajutsu
FF19_ROOTED.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?sr65ayi5fxjhsfb
DOWNLOAD FF19 Gingerbread Stock Image by Koumajutsu
FF19_STOCK.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?5l32affsvq7yu5o

I apologize if this has been brought up before. I believe I did stock image (#2) and I am familiar with odin and basically flashed the os to my samsung galaxy prevail to factory reset it. I have tried rooting, install via sd card and now want to get rid of bloatware. (layar, poynt, etc. do not manually uninstall on managing apps so I believe I stock imaged)

I noticed I have SuperUser installed on my phone, and I don't particularly remember it before. I allowed it to run and have no apps within the section.

My question is:
Do these roms have any noticeable differences? Can I easily tell if my phone was rooted (not having my unzipped folder on another computer with odin). and do these OS updates come with anything else?

I was wondering if we could bring up these links.

I apologize if this has been brought up before. I believe I did stock image (#2) and I am familiar with odin and basically flashed the os to my samsung galaxy prevail to factory reset it. I have tried rooting, install via sd card and now want to get rid of bloatware. (layar, poynt, etc. do not manually uninstall on managing apps so I believe I stock imaged)

I noticed I have SuperUser installed on my phone, and I don't particularly remember it before. I allowed it to run and have no apps within the section.

My question is:
Do these roms have any noticeable differences? Can I easily tell if my phone was rooted (not having my unzipped folder on another computer with odin). and do these OS updates come with anything else?
The presence of super user means you are rooted. But this doesn't make it so you can uninstall those apps from the manage apps menu. You need to use an app like titanium backup or root uninstaller to remove them... you could simply install ct mod if you wish to have your rom debloated. (In addition to several performance enhancing modifications and the ability to have a greatly increases storage capasity)

so...when i had rooted my 2.2.2, everything worked just fine...so now i've updated to ff19, opened up odin....added the OPS file, but the box remained blank, so i went and added the PHONE file, and that box remained blank too...when i went to add the PDA file, it said "invalid image type"

:confused:

so...when i had rooted my 2.2.2, everything worked just fine...so now i've updated to ff19, opened up odin....added the OPS file, but the box remained blank, so i went and added the PHONE file, and that box remained blank too...when i went to add the PDA file, it said "invalid image type"

:confused:

try redownloading it

i redownloaded...and used a different usb port...but same thing...odd...

Are you using the version of Odin included in the zip?
(Or if kouma forgot to add it when he updated the link, the one from the root for dummies guide)

Are you using the version of Odin included in the zip?
(Or if kouma forgot to add it when he updated the link, the one from the root for dummies guide)

yeah...im using the same odin in "rooted ff19" zip...and got it from the dummy guide...any suggestions or will he have to update the link again?

yeah...im using the same odin in "rooted ff19" zip...and got it from the dummy guide...any suggestions or will he have to update the link again?

I'm not sure the problem then... did you extract the zip? (You should have) That's the only other thing I can think of.

Odin has been running over 22 minutes so far, I used it originally so my phone is not new to this computer. I used ff19rooted and selected its OPS, Phone, and PDA. Please help, I need my phone to be functional

edit: Second try I included boot, finished within 4 minutes, after disconnect this seems to be back to stock. I hate it so much. I hope I can return to rooted soon

I have the samsung prevail FF19 - I have downloaded the zip file and extracted using winRaR and haven't had any luck. I added phone.tar the .ops and .pda all in correct places Turned phone on into download mode from powered off state then plugged in USB cord. Odin recognizes the device But keeps giving me the same error.

<0> cannot open the usb serial port. code: 32

I don't know what i'm doing wrong. I even redownloaded the FF19_Zip from this last page in the thread. I see someone said they fixed this problem going thru Link2sds option menu. Where do i find that? Is it a stock application on my pc or phone?? Please help me get this thing rooted. I need to be unleash my androids true strength

Try a different USB port

I have tried a different usb port. Everytime i plug into a different usb port in download mode it installs the usb phone drivers again. And it says the same thing on every usb port

Sorry for the edit. But I have also tried putting the phone into download mode plugging into the pc and then pulling the battery and sd card to no avail.

I just got a hold of my brother's pc and transferred the ff19_zip file over to his, extracted and started back at square one following instructions, And for now it seems to be working. Hopefully i will have a rooted phone in the next 30 minutes or so. Thank You guys for the help.

does anyone have the FF19 Stock.zip? it doesnt have odin. just has the stock files i need. ive downloaded it 3 times and its the same. as a last resort id like to return phone to stock in hopes it starts to work properly. phones always been crap. even before being rooted. i used it as a backup test phone after LV helped me fix my brick(thanks again). it ran strong for a few months. but now its a daily user in service again and its worse then ever.

Hey man, by the way thank you for all of your work.....I have a problem,I downloaded the FF19 Gingerbread Rooted zip but I can't unzip it! It's saying something about 'invalid file'! I don't know what's wrong! Could it be corrupted? Could you post another link please or does anyone have a working link or can post the file itself? Any help will be appreciated.

Hey man, by the way thank you for all of your work.....I have a problem,I downloaded the FF19 Gingerbread Rooted zip but I can't unzip it! It's saying something about 'invalid file'! I don't know what's wrong! Could it be corrupted? Could you post another link please or does anyone have a working link or can post the file itself? Any help will be appreciated.

I have the ff19 zip on the way. Maybe it will work

Back
Top Bottom