• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Odin (Return phone to Stock/Factory)

If you'd like to make a donation:

This is the link for Bloodawn's PayPal:
(creator of ctmod)
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/w...63663d3faee8dd75b1e1ec3ad97b7af62835dd81d5d52

And Koumajutsu's (creator of koumakernel)
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/w...63663d3faee8dd75b1e1ec3ad97b7af62835dd81d5d52

I'm looking for a valid donation link for Hroark13 (he's the reason we have clockworkmod recovery and the reason we have a usable .opps file for Odin... among other things)

The one in this thread is no longer functional.

These are some of the major players in the development for this phone.

I put a post awhile back saying that the process I tried with installing just cwm didnt work. I s there any suggestions on something else for me to try? I would rather keep my prevail instead of upgrading to a different phone.

Could someone please upload a copy of thier stl5 folder please? I have bricked my phone with the dd commands and it will ONLY boot into download mode for use with odin. I have been following some forums about backing the file up and using cywin to tar the files. Please help.

Could someone please upload a copy of thier stl5 folder please? I have bricked my phone with the dd commands and it will ONLY boot into download mode for use with odin. I have been following some forums about backing the file up and using cywin to tar the files. Please help.

Accessing that folder had been known to cause bricks. Even copying it with the dd command has the potential of causing a brick. Someone commented that they fixed it with QPST.
Ok I've solved this by replacing the 0 and 1943 hex files in the nvm folder with 00'd out ESN/Meid and issuing a requestnvitemwrite Meid cmd in qpst. Use halfass rom w/ diag mode properly enabled
Maybe that user can help you fix it.

Thanks for ur speedy reply. I know that dd-ing that partition can cause bricks, thats how i did this one! I have a backup of the file and dont think its corrupted because i still mount with magic iso and looks good but, i really need to know how to tar the file and make it flashable with Odin. Ive tried with another efs.tar file i found on the web from another model phone and it flashes it. When i try with my bakup that i have made it goes nowhere in odin. Just sits there. Could someone at least tell me how to go about this task of tar-ing my bkup and flashing it with Odin? Thanks in advance.

What about pulling the SD card out and using the appropriate file from the OP to restore, then restore from your backup?

I upgraded to the S2 a while back and gave my mom my prevail. When trying to set it up, they told her it was messed up and needed to be sent in and worked on before they could connect to it. I'm paraphrasing what she told me there. I assumed this was because it was running CTmod and was rooted and stuff. So, when trying to flash it back to stock, it doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. uploadfromtaptalk1363752416688.jpg

I upgraded to the S2 a while back and gave my mom my prevail. When trying to set it up, they told her it was messed up and needed to be sent in and worked on before they could connect to it. I'm paraphrasing what she told me there. I assumed this was because it was running CTmod and was rooted and stuff. So, when trying to flash it back to stock, it doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. View attachment 51292

That's obviously not the correct version of Odin. The correct version (provided in the Odin dls for the prevail ) doesn't have a spot for 'pit' it has a spot for .ops

Using the correct version will solve your problem :)

I have tried to restore the phone with the stock rom. It seems to flash correctly but still won't boot past the samsung logo. I'm sure I have to somehow get that stl5 partition back on the phone. I flashed it with one that remounts efs and it flashes but still won't boot so if I learn how to flash MY back up by using tinycore and virtualbox to tar the file then odin to flash.

That's obviously not the correct version of Odin. The correct version (provided in the Odin dls for the prevail ) doesn't have a spot for 'pit' it has a spot for .ops

Using the correct version will solve your problem :)

I have been searching for the link to the correct version of Odin and can't find it. I even downloaded the ff19 from the rom sticky page and it didn't have it in the zip either. Anyone willing to link it for me? Please and thank you.

Never mind, I found it buried in the "for dummies" post. I would think there would be a link to it in every major thread that involves flashing a prevail, but that's just me. :-)

Fwiw, I don't appear to have stl5 (according to the output of "cat /proc/partitions" in terminal emulator). I do have a bml5 though

Its /dev/block/stl5. But I'm warning you... don't look at it, don't open it, don't copy it to anywhere. There is a VERY high risk of your phone being permanently stuck in airplane mode
(Or worse)

If I were you I would listen to what Lordvincent is telling you bro. He knows this stuff inside out. He's trying to save you some grief. Lol.
It's pretty hard to brick a Prevail but still possible.

As for the guy looking for the correct version of Odin, it's in each of the zips in the OP that you download.

The links went down on mediafire. I've used them on a friends computer a few weeks ago so I know they were still up and now I need it on my computer so if the links could be updated that'd be awesome. All the stock links are fine its just the rooted ones. If it makes any difference I'm using FF19 gingerbread but i tried the others and they weren't working either.

The links went down on mediafire. I've used them on a friends computer a few weeks ago so I know they were still up and now I need it on my computer so if the links could be updated that'd be awesome. All the stock links are fine its just the rooted ones. If it makes any difference I'm using FF19 gingerbread but i tried the others and they weren't working either.

Uuugggghhhhh.... :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Looks like mediafire ripped down the links again. Anyone have any ideas on another site we could upload them to? (I have most/all of them)

Google drive comes to mind, but I hear people complain all the time about how unreliable their server is...

Reactions: NNY
Uuugggghhhhh.... :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Looks like mediafire ripped down the links again. Anyone have any ideas on another site we could upload them to? (I have most/all of them)

Google drive comes to mind, but I hear people complain all the time about how unreliable their server is...

I hear you man megaupload is surely missed. well I guess I'll just have to wait for now hopefully somone gets them up thanks a lot for your quick reply at least. I only know all of the regular upload sites Rapidshare and such.

I hear you man megaupload is surely missed. well I guess I'll just have to wait for now hopefully somone gets them up thanks a lot for your quick reply at least. I only know all of the regular upload sites Rapidshare and such.

Is there a particular one your looking for? I can put it on dropbox, but i don't have enough space for all of them

Reactions: NNY
Back
Top Bottom