• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Droid Eris 2.1 OS coming very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
halp.jpg

I had this problem for two days straight on the 2.1v2 leak. I figured out that it was either the Beautiful Widgets app that I set for my clock, or this app that I used called More Icons. That app puts 4 icons in the space 1x1. I think it was using too much memory or something, so that when I received a call, the Eris didn't have enough memory to run the audio service or whatever. My phone wouldn't ring, only vibrated, and when I answered, I couldn't hear the caller and the caller couldn't hear me. It was just like a half-dead phone.

Ever since I removed both of those apps, I haven't had any problems with the zombie calls.

I don't think it has to do with either of those things. I am running 2.1 v2 and I don't have the apps you mentioned installed, and it happens to me.

wait really... no live wallpapers even with the official update

I don't think the processor in the Eris would allow for much going on if live wallpapers were enabled.. not to mention the battery daily life.

It can be done, but some complain of lag with the unit the way it is with plain ole wallpaper, Home or Sense.

Go over to the Eris Root sub-forum and ask those guys about live wallpapers. They are running some of them on their rooted phones but I haven't read how their phones are reacting to it.
there is a list of working livewallpapers with the patch jcase wrote.

i think we are due for 2.1 v3 pretty soon!!

Nah, it won't be worth it. It has been confirmed the 2.1 releases for the Droid and N1 are crippling graphics processing. Those have 2.1 officially, though. That means Eris owners should not even know about this issue because we're supposed to be on 1.5. If there is another leak and if it isn't the final version, it probably won't have it fixed. The only step from v2 is the official version, in my opinion. Every leak from here on out is just going to be more of the same bugs. Possibly new ones.

These "leaks" are doing exactly what they were intended to do, keep you running in circles with buggy code till you get so fed up you just toss the Eris and get the Incredible. May will be an interesting month in Android world.

Has anyone else seen this????

Why hack the Eris? 2.1 begins on the 13th - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Not sure how true it is, or if it's another attempt to keep us guessing. If it happens we'll know tomorrow. I would assume that it would start on the west coast and move east (like a lot of storms do). Then again maybe there aren't as many Eris's out there so they can just release it.

This is just my best guess, I'm like a weather man, I'll give you my best guess, but computer models aren't always correct.

***EDIT*** Sorry I got my dates wrong, Today is the 15th (funny, it doesn't matter if you're on the west coast or east coast). I haven't seen any updates or heard of anyone else getting the either.

Has anyone else seen this????

Why hack the Eris? 2.1 begins on the 13th - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Not sure how true it is, or if it's another attempt to keep us guessing. If it happens we'll know tomorrow. I would assume that it would start on the west coast and move east (like a lot of storms do). Then again maybe there aren't as many Eris's out there so they can just release it.

This is just my best guess, I'm like a weather man, I'll give you my best guess, but computer models aren't always correct.

Just another "a Verison Rep said..." thread. Nothing solid from HTC or Verizon.

(this may be a way noob question) so if all i have to do is download it to my sd card then then turn off and then turn on holding power and volume down, couldnt i just download it to the sd card right on the phone and then just move it out of the downloads folder and do the turning on process? would that work?

(this may be a way noob question) so if all i have to do is download it to my sd card then then turn off and then turn on holding power and volume down, couldnt i just download it to the sd card right on the phone and then just move it out of the downloads folder and do the turning on process? would that work?

Yes thats what i did. But it is a little slower then doing it from the computer depending on signal strength :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom